AuthorMessage
Kelsta

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-23

Cold Feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Feet   Cold Feet EmptyFri 07 Sep 2012, 9:36 am

Thanks LizzieC and christinajg87

Very comforting to know I am not the only one who felt like this.

I am feeling alot more confident about my decision today.

Thanks again girls!
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Cold Feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Feet   Cold Feet EmptyFri 07 Sep 2012, 1:41 am

Hi Kelsta,

I did the same as you except my freak out was 2 days before surgery, and you know what I just remembered why I was doing this in the first place. I had been dieting for 10years, just that in itself, I dont want to be dieting for the rest of my life, and still get no results.

I am 3 weeks post op as well, and in the last 5 weeks I have lost 14.5kgs, I am already so much happier, more confident, and its only the beginning.

I know what you mean about work, I work in a call centre, and the women in here are brutal as well, but they are all way bigger than me, which is why they are mean. Honestly I dont care what they say, I know in 6 months time im going to be less than half their size, and feel brilliant, and they will be sooo jealous.

One of them saw me the other day heat up my lunch, which was a container size of half a cup, and she said is that all your eating, and all i said was yep, thats all i need and walked out of the room, she didnt say anything else.

So chin up, and we shall see you on the other side, we are all here to support you :)
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

Cold Feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Feet   Cold Feet EmptyThu 06 Sep 2012, 8:36 pm

Hi Kelsta we have all been where you are at. I was sleeved 3 weeks a go and so far so good. I have dropped a total of 11.6kgs in 5 weeks since I started the Opti program 2 weeks before my op. I am still on the puree stage and just giving my body time to go through the healing process.

My sister was sleeved 18 months ago and she is loving it. She can eat whatever she likes but just in small quantities. Everyone is different so you just need to listen to your body and do what the doctor/dietitian etc are telling you.

all the very best for your journey and this is a great place for support and information.

Liz :))
Back to top Go down
Kelsta

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-23

Cold Feet Empty
PostSubject: Cold Feet   Cold Feet EmptyThu 06 Sep 2012, 2:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the site and I am due to be sleeved in 6 weeks.

I was very excited about getting started on the journey to change but after recieving my admission papers today I am starting to freak out and second guess my choice. I know that I want to change to be healthier and set a good example for my son. I guess I just have a bad case of cold feet.

Has anyone regretted having the surgery?

Will it be easy to live a normal life at work as I wont be telling people that I have had it done, the girls in the office are quite brutal and dont think it would help my confidence hearing their snide comments.

Thanks for Listening.

kelsta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cold Feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Feet   Cold Feet Empty

Back to top Go down

Cold Feet
Page 1 of 1