AuthorMessage
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

Cold Feet...  literally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Feet... literally   Cold Feet...  literally EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013, 12:38 am

How is your BP and heart rate? I havent felt the cold in years (was always the one with t-shirt and shorts in winter) but since I went on a beta blocker for an arrhythmia my (normal) BP and heart rate have dropped and my feet are cold all the darn time - even sitting here at work I can barely feel my toes!

Thank goodness my OH is a radiator in bed, although he doesnt particularly like frozen feet on the backs of his legs lol
Back to top Go down
jagxclusive
Part of the furniture
jagxclusive

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2013-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Cold Feet... literally   Cold Feet...  literally EmptySun 17 Nov 2013, 11:47 pm

...couldn't sleep all night due to feeling cold, lay there for hours using my dear hubby as hot water bottle but my feet felt like they were in ice! Ended up having a hot shower at 4am, rugged myself up and fell asleep at 6am...!!! I do have hashimoto's though...doesn't help....
Back to top Go down
Pottumpuss
Pottumpuss

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-05-02

PostSubject: Cold feet   Cold Feet...  literally EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013, 3:37 am

Hi all, I read somewhere that cold feet is a nutrition deficiency. Something to do with thyroid I think from memory.low in trace minerals? And be aware that if you get your thyroid tested, it may come baƧk clear, but is actually not and you maybe suffering from adrenal stress. Hope this helps although months later ;)
Back to top Go down
mj78
mj78

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Cold Feet... literally   Cold Feet...  literally EmptyTue 04 Sep 2012, 2:31 pm

Me too!! Used to love winter, but now actually looking forward to summer?? Too bizarre. My feet are frozen as I speak, I have thick socks, sheepskin slippers and a blanket over my legs/feet...unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Cold Feet... literally   Cold Feet...  literally EmptyMon 03 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

Hey Brad

Yep, we are all cold blooded freaks!!!

Can't wait till summer - I used to sweat constantly.

Enjoy your holiday, soak up all that sun.
Me and Russ heading back to Falls Creek on Thursday night for a long weekend of skiing. Hope its not took cold.

Stace
Back to top Go down
BRAD D
BRAD D

Male
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Cold Feet... literally   Cold Feet...  literally EmptyMon 03 Sep 2012, 1:17 pm

Yeah ladies I can see where your coming from but my feet aren't the problem ... it's bloody everywhere !!

About 3 months out all of a sudden I felt like a Kalahari bushman lost in the Alaskan wilderness !!! FUC..ING COLD !! And I hadn't felt the cold for 20 years.

Now I actually wear pj's to bed with a fleecey sheet , wool blanket , feather doona and nana rug ... sometimes have my dressing gown on ... am I normal ??!!

Cheers Brad
Back to top Go down
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Cold Feet... literally   Cold Feet...  literally EmptyMon 03 Sep 2012, 9:26 am

lavadesign, I hear you....

I have very cold feet now too. I have been wearing 'explorer' socks as soon as I get out the shower. I sleep in them too. I also got some marino wool socks and some skiing socks (nice and long)

You can buy some little heat packs from ezibuy, outdoor shops like mountain designs, ski & snowboard shops, asian shops, ebay. You pop them into your socks or gloves and they keep things nice and warm. Most of them are reusable.

A good old fashioned pair of uggboots teamed with warm socks should do the trick.

Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Cold Feet... literally   Cold Feet...  literally EmptySun 02 Sep 2012, 11:21 pm

I get really cold feet too, but I always used to have that before I put all the weight on, too.

I bought some slippers out of one of those catalogue drops, and they're like wheat bags - you stick them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, and they really help. I think KMart has some, too.

Maybe just soaking your feet in warm water before you go to bed might help, too, instead of having a shower?

Good luck! Cold Feet...  literally 217555
Back to top Go down
lavadesign

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-09-02

PostSubject: Cold Feet... literally   Cold Feet...  literally EmptySun 02 Sep 2012, 4:48 am

Hi everyone. I'm six months post surgery, and have found that I'm constantly cold. To the point that my feet can't get warm for hours after going to bed. Some nights I have a couple of hot showers to try to warm myself up.

I understand I would be feeling the cold more, ex-30kg, but I'm really starting to think that my cold feet are abnormal.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold Feet... literally   Cold Feet...  literally Empty

Back to top Go down

Cold Feet... literally
Page 1 of 1