Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bailey1275

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2013-02-22

Family have cold feet... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family have cold feet...   Family have cold feet... EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013, 7:30 am

Glad hubby is being supportive ... I would recommend the sleeve as it has made a huge difference to my life even if the beginning was a little rocky.

Even the sleeve is not permanent as such - the stomach will stretch to allow more food over time and it can be easy to "cheat" with high calorie foods (eg chips and biscuits are rather easy to eat).  I was told you basically had 12 to 18 months to drop the weight and getting my healthy eating habits established.
Back to top Go down
andrea1974
andrea1974

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Family have cold feet...   Family have cold feet... EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013, 12:12 am

I took my husband to a surgeon for a second opinion.
I put it all on the table, asked the Dr to go through
all of the options- the gastric balloon, endo barrier, lap band
and the sleeve.  Pros and cons, all complications and benefits.

He had routine surgery for his shoulder last year and ended up in ICU as he has gastric acid issues and vomited under anaesthetic.
It turns out that was what his concerns were.
He's feeling a lot better now that he's heard it all from the surgeons mouth, and supportive again :)
Back to top Go down
Balisunset
Part of the furniture
Balisunset

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2013-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Family have cold feet...   Family have cold feet... EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 2:09 pm

I have heard if endo barrier and investigated it. Even put my bane down to be one of the first to get the op but wasn't eligible. The reason I think is because I had been banded before.  

Also there is no cover with PHI - although this might have changed and there is no help from the government.  It has been approved in Australia but I believe you have to pay full price. 

I gave up on it a few months. Nothing permanent
Back to top Go down
jaleci12

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Family have cold feet...   Family have cold feet... EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 2:14 am

It is right to be concerned as it is forever....I know a lot of people with the band that have heaps of trouble and my surgeon doesnt do many at all these days. As for the other I am not sure.
I thought of it as that I have struggled my whole life with my weight, am having weight related medical issues now and really I needed something permanent to help me change things. No regrets here at all. Huge decision definately but what u sacrifice is outweighed by the benefits for sure.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Family have cold feet...   Family have cold feet... EmptyWed 07 Aug 2013, 5:23 am

my Mum was worried and I gave her a book to read. Maybe if you can get some info for them to read that will help. Also pros and cons etc of band, sleeve
Back to top Go down
andrea1974
andrea1974

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-08-01

PostSubject: Family have cold feet...   Family have cold feet... EmptyWed 07 Aug 2013, 1:33 am

Hi everyone,

I have my date set for the surgery.  My husband and family, who were initially supportive, have raised concerns about the permenance of the surgery (that was kind of why I wanted it....)

Out of interest, has anyone had experience with the
ORBERA® (Intragastric Balloon) or the Endobarrier?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family have cold feet...   Family have cold feet... Empty

Back to top Go down

Family have cold feet...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: