AuthorMessage
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified. Empty
PostSubject: sept sleevers   Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified. EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 2:55 am

in the sleevers monthly

G
Back to top Go down
curvycass
curvycass

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified.   Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified. EmptyMon 30 Jul 2012, 11:02 am

where do i find the september sleevers page?
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified.   Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified. EmptyMon 30 Jul 2012, 5:46 am

Dont forget to come and join the September 2012 sleevers. There is about 12 of us now:-)
Back to top Go down
curvycass
curvycass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified.   Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified. EmptySat 28 Jul 2012, 8:24 am

Thank you all for your advice, yes i know i just have to do it, getting my head around it will help also, i have a lot of support around me so i am hoping i can keep it together and stick to it. Like you guys said i have to think of the bigger picture, whats 14 days of pure evil shakes to an extra 14 years of my life.

Back to top Go down
findingmeagain
findingmeagain

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified.   Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified. EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 4:38 am

I just tried to get my mind in the right place first...of course it's not gonna taste nice compared to the fat, sugar, carb laden food that we have all come accustomed to....the point is not for it to taste nice....the point is to shrink your liver so the op is safe.....and you can move on shrinking into your new happier self!! I just kept saying to myself...."If you can't stick to 14 days of Opti and not cheat.....WTH are you doing something as drastic as surgery for". Really helped get my mind in focus, and really, whats 14 days?? I am sure you can do it for 14 days to get yourself to that 80kg goal!! Just think...it's the last diet you will ever have to be on!! I am 5 days post sleeve now and can say honestly I am not hungry at all and have to remind myself to drink. It's fantastic!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified.   Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified. EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 4:13 am

Hi Cassie

It is totally normal to be nervous as the surgery is a big step. Opti is a necessary evil but it is an excellent start on your weight loss journey. THe lovely Strawberrychick has good advice about the different options, I liked the bars and tolerated the shakes, mind you the strawberry flavoured did the same to me as the vanilla to you (No offense S'berrychick!).

Wishing you the very best for your sleeve journey :)

Sarah
Back to top Go down
vicki007
vicki007

Female
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified.   Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified. EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 4:07 am

Hi Cassie,,,, I too was nervous about EVERYTHING, but then I found this site and another one on Facebook, and apart from my hubby, they have been my strength through this process. I started full time opti this week, and am not really enjoying it, but when I am making the shake, I just think of what my life will be like in 12months. I know I have 11 sleeps to go till my surgery, so that is 11 days pre op opti, and I know when it is time for me to go on it post op, I will be feeling a lot better about myself. Hang in there, and we will look forward to your count down on here.
Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified. 217555
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified.   Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified. EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 3:55 am

Hi Cass, and welcome to the forum hon

Don't be scared! You'll be fine. The opti is a very necessary stage to get your liver in good shape for surgery. If you struggle with the shakes, try the opti bars or even the soups. When I did opti once I found the bars a lot more palatable than the shakes. And just think - it's the last time you'll ever have to do it! Also try the different flavours - there may be one that you find easier than the vanilla.

I hear excellent things about the O Clinic and Dr Taylor. He isn't my surgeon as I am in Brisbane, and I'm sure people who have been sleeved by him will respond to you as well, but you're in excellent hands.

I think you're a very smart woman to get this done while you're so young - I wish I was as smart as you when I was your age! I'm sure you'll bounce back in no time. Best of luck Cass :)
Back to top Go down
curvycass
curvycass

Female

PostSubject: Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified.   Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified. EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 3:31 am

Hi everyone, Im Cassie and im 20 Years old from Sydney.

Im getting sleeved in 6 weeks!! im so nervous, not for the actual sugery but im really scared about doing the opti, a few years back i tried opti and tony fergurson and i couldn't stand to drink it, i know i need to bite the bullet and drink them but i tried the Vanilla Opti the other day and ended up throwing up in the sink so i am really worried that im not going to be able to do the two week diet.

i weigh 145kgs and my goal weight at this point is 80kgs, i guess im quite lucky in that i havnt developed diabetes or really bad health issues, i do have quite bad knees though.

I think this website is so helpful, my mother in law actually told me about it, she was sleeved last september and has lost 30 kilos so far, also my step mother in law has also had the surgery and lost about the same amount so that gives me encouragement.

My Surgeon is Dr Craig Taylor from the O Clinic, has anyone else been sleeved by him and what are your thoughts.?

X
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified.   Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeved In 6 Weeks, Petrified.
Page 1 of 1