Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks!

Go down 
+2
Carrie
Vickii
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vickii
Vickii

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks!   Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks! EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 1:05 am

Hey Laurajayne,
Congratulations to you too on getting your date! I would definetly like to keep in touch with you! It is always good to be able to share something like this with someone else.
Back to top Go down
laurajayne18600

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Hi Vicki   Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks! EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 8:33 am

I am due to have my sleeve on the 2rnd of July I have a to see my Dietitian, with in the next week or so I am living in france but born in England it would be great if maybe we could be buddys as we are so close in dates just to egg each other on Anyway congrats on getting a date
Back to top Go down
The New Improved Me
Part of the furniture
The New Improved Me

Female
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks!   Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks! EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 1:05 am

Hiya Vicki,

This time is gonna fly by!! As long as we keep ourselves busy we'll be ok. This site is great for passing the time as well and I feel that I'm really prepared for the surgery. I'm booked in for one week after you so I'll be following your progress.

I've started my pre optifast diet but I'm used to having shakes for breakfast anyway, but i'm still not in serious opti mode yet. That will happen in the last week of june.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress

Nat
xx
Back to top Go down
StacyE
StacyE

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks!   Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks! EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 8:26 am

Hi Vickii,

Today I joined this group and I'm jealous that you have a date already. Good luck - I will be following your progress and hoping that I can do it too.

I'm getting my date at an appointment on the 21st June. Can't wait. Let me know what challenges you face so that I can pre-empt them. This site has lots of fantastic advice that I've read already.

Regards,
Stacy Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks! 63469
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks!   Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks! EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 8:09 am

Hi Vickii,

I just noticed that you are in Sydney too. A group of us are meeting up at lunchtime on Thursday next week at the Martin Place Bar. If you are interested you are more than welcome to come along.
Here's a link to the thread: http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/sleever-s-get-togethers-f10/sydney-anyone-interested-t3194.htm

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks!   Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks! EmptyThu 29 Apr 2010, 8:25 am

Hi Vicki,
Hopefully they have allowed you a little protein at the start of the opti diet.
Yes 9 weeks is a long time but the good thing is that at least you know that then you will have the surgery. Normally when we go on a diet you can never sustain it because you just run out of steam. It won't happen this time LOL

AND your liver will be beautiful and healthy ready for the surgery !!!

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks!   Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks! EmptyThu 29 Apr 2010, 3:13 am

Hi Vicki and Welcome,

Congratulations on getting your date. Once you have a specific date to aim for the time just starts to fly by.

Now that you've joined the site you'll find you are able to access a lot more threads, like the diaries etc, so have a good old nose about. And ask lots of questions, they'll always be someone around to try and help.

Nice to meet you :-)

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
Vickii
Vickii

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks!   Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks! EmptyThu 29 Apr 2010, 2:37 am

Hi All,

My name is Vicki and I am 26 yrs old living in sydney.
I have just been given my date for my sleeve surgery (7 July). I can't wait. I have been lurkning on the forum for a while and have learnt a lot from just reading your comments.
I've started on the pre op optifast today and wondering how I am going to do it for 9 weeks. My surgeon recommended I do it for 6 weeks before the op but the dietician said since I have the extra time I might as well start now as any extra weight loss would be a bonus.

I look forward to meeting lots of other like minded people who get what I am going through.

Vicki
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks!   Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi I'm new... Going to be sleeved in 9 weeks!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: