Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne   Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 6:52 pm

Congratulations on reaching double digits......thats fantastic.
Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne 217555 Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne 446871 Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne 542174 Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne 314541 Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne 65317
Back to top Go down
Loser4eva
Loser4eva

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne   Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 11:17 am

I am on a very sharp learning curve.

I agree with the mental challenge I often get half way through something, push it way and give it the evil eye. Boggled
My head says "yes you can eat it" but my tummy says" Hey your full".

I hit under the 100kg yesterday double figures whoo!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne   Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 10:32 am

Hi Loser4eva,

sounds like you are still learning the biggest lesson we all learn - slowly does it!

Dont try and eat more because you think you should be.....that is the mentality of the past.
Eat what you can and slowly - take a mouthful chew it well set your fork or spoon down, wait for your mouthful to go down then have another, at this stage you are re-training more han your stomach (or lack of) but more re-training your brain as well.

Eventuall you will get there. I was sleeved in October and there are still days where I may not be able to eat as much as others.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne   Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 7:56 am

everybody heals at a different rate, being able to only fit in a hard boiled egg in at 6 weeks is still pretty much within the normal limits of that time frame. You should be moving on tho over the next few weeks to twice that :) It is only a concern if you get stuck at that size amounts. Then it is time to check it out with your surgeon but most people just move on as the swelling goes down :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Loser4eva
Loser4eva

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne   Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 7:51 am

Thank you for your welcome chrisbychic & Libby.

I seem to be going ok I do get full very fast and can only eat the ammount of a boiled egg does this seem right? I am eating protien first I have no room for veg at this stage, I'm taking centrum. At times it is very daunting as I worry I am not eating enough.........But I'm loving it at the same time!! Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne 697586
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne   Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 7:03 am

Hello and welcome Loser4eva.

Congrats on the weight so far and im happy to hear your all recovered.

Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne 217555
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne   Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 12:05 am

Good for you, Loser. Glad you've kicked the pneumonia and are on your losing streak!
Back to top Go down
Loser4eva
Loser4eva

Female

PostSubject: Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne   Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 11:15 pm

Hi to everyone. I have readed your posts for over the past 12mths gathering info and making a very informed choice with regards to wls. I was sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne at Cabrini Hosp. I am totally amazed with how much weight I have lost 14.5kgs, and how well I feel.

I did have a complication and ended up with post op pneumonia (I thought it was bad shoulder tip pain) and Iwas back in hosp at day 10 for another 8 days, It was just a bump in the road on the way to my new life.

Everyone is very inspiring and full of useful information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne   Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeved 6 weeks ago in Melbourne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: