AuthorMessage
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

Another newbie from Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide EmptyThu 02 Aug 2012, 1:34 pm

Welcome Trisha and well done on the weight loss to date. I am starting the optifast tomorrow. I am also going to put in the coffee and ice blocks to hopefully make it a little more palatable.

Janet, just wondering what protein powder you use? I have no idea which one to buy.

Many thanks Liz xxx
Back to top Go down
Trishl1976

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide EmptyThu 02 Aug 2012, 6:19 am

Hey Vicki,

you lucky girl, I so wish mine was sooner.

I really think you guys are all an inspiration. I still read the stories and am in awe at how far people have come, its amazing

My fingers are crossed for a wuick recovery for you once youve had your op.....
Back to top Go down
vicki007
vicki007

Female
Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide EmptySat 28 Jul 2012, 6:58 am

Yay!!!!!! Welcome TrishL
Another SA girl! My surgery is in 9 sleeps, a couple of days before Janet's, and I am soo looking forward to meeting another sleever in the hospital, as I dont think I will be able to get to get togethers as I am a country girl. This is a great site, and there is also one on Facebook, if you are into that. It is great to keep up with what is happenning to others, and how they are coping with the huge change to their bodies. Your waiting time will go very quickly, and I wish you all the best. Let us know how you are going, and if you have any questions, just ask away.

Another newbie from Adelaide 217555
Back to top Go down
Trishl1976

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide EmptySat 28 Jul 2012, 6:30 am

Hey Janet

Your idea on the soup sounds great :) I have only tried once so Im gonna give it another go and add some veges.....

Hope to see you at meet up, its so nice to be able to talk to people about this :)
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012, 10:36 pm

Hi TrishL,

Welcome to the forum. Good luck on the Opti soups, I purchased both flavours (OMG, I just wrote flavours and burst out laughing, lol sad when one is home alone!) and treid one sachet from each and tossed them out. What I do instead is make a large pot of soup from allowed vegetables and add some protein powder and have a cup of that. At least it has a flavour!

I am hoping to be a the next Adelaide meet up, so hope to see you there.

Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
Trishl1976

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012, 2:24 am

thanks guys, it certainly is going to be a very exciting journey.

Im finding myself sticking to my optifast, and thanks to gorgeous Jess for giving me wonderful tips on how to make optifast drinkable, when I first started ewwwww theres nothing like drinking cardboard Another newbie from Adelaide 728162 , its amazing what a tiny little teaspoon of coffee & a few ice cubes can do to optifast :)

Im yet to experiment with the soups, might try that one next week :)

Its so nice to read everyones positive thoughts and experiences on this site, also great to know that there can be some down sides aswell. Cant get better advise from anyone else besides the people who are going through it personally.

im certainly up for the Adealide meet up, Id love to meet up with people and have a chin wag....when i had my lap band I didnt have anyone to talk to about it all, so this is all new to me and exciting :)

Heres to hoping the scales keep going down 6kg and counting
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 11:28 pm

Welcome Trish!

Glad you found us as you will get tons of information here and friendship too.

I was sleeved in Oct 11 and it was the best decision I ever made. Make sure you go to the The Sleevers Monthly section and join in with other people getting sleeved this October - it's brilliant to have a group you know going through the same thing at the same time.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Nicky63
Part of the furniture
Nicky63

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2012-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 1:23 pm

Welcome Trish

My sleeve surgery is booked for about 2 weeks after you and I cannot wait.

I have just started doing the same as you, 2 optifast meals and a small meal at night. I had my lapband removed in June and the weight is creeping on, so I want to try and lose about 5 kg if I can or at least maintain.

I agree this site is fantastic. If you get a chance, try and come to one of our get togethers, the next one is 8th September. You can see more in the sleevers get together topic.

Anyway heres to the time flying for all those waiting !!

Another newbie from Adelaide 487524
Back to top Go down
Trishl1976

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 9:14 am

Thanks Guys, im hoping the time flies, Im so looking forward to the next chapter of my life :)

you guys are all an inspiration to me,
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 5:35 am

Hi Trish,

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the weight loss to date. You're totally correct, it is an amazing site for all sorts of information and advice. The time between now and October will fly by.

Best of luck on your journey.

Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
Magickal1
Magickal1

Female
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 2:55 pm

Hi Trish,

How amazing is this site right! Soo glad when I found it too :D

Well done on your weight loss so far Another newbie from Adelaide 446871 some of the opti tastes exactly like dirt lolz...I think hahahaha

Oct is NOT far away and will be here before your ready for it to be! There are a few Banders to sleeve/bypass and i'm sure you'll be able to follow their stories as well.

Back to top Go down
Trishl1976

Female

PostSubject: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 12:35 pm

Hi Guys

Firstly Im going start by saying how amazing this website is, I have learnt so much on the last couple of days thank you everyone

A bit about me :)

My name is Trish I live in Adelaide, I am booked to have my stomach bypassed on October 19th, I had a lap band in over 3 years ago but after some major problems I had to have it removed

Ive started on optifast already though only one or two a day and a main meal, Ive lost 5kg in the last 2 weeks... Im so excited

Anyway enough bable about me

Trish :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie from Adelaide   Another newbie from Adelaide Empty

Back to top Go down

Another newbie from Adelaide
Page 1 of 1