spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

A newbie from Adelaide, SA Empty
PostSubject: spoggy   A newbie from Adelaide, SA EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 4:02 am

I am very glad the consultation with the gp worked out well for your Mum. I was extremely pleased that I tookthe proactive step and had a sleeve. Hopefully you will be too. Good luck with everything. I will keep my out for infoon your progress.
Back to top Go down
rachie77

Female
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2013-02-04

PostSubject: Re: A newbie from Adelaide, SA   A newbie from Adelaide, SA EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 3:06 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am having my op at Ashford with Dr France. I went and saw his GP to discuss sleeve and took my mum with me as she was very against me having any type of surgery. BUt, after a chat with Dr Nancarrow feels very differently and very supportive now, whcih is good as she will be my help post op as I am single mum of 3 kids! I know the sleeve is not the magic cure to obesity, I am thinking of it as a necessary tool for me to survive, just like if i needed an insulin pump to control diabetes. You can still eat the wrong things and your diabetes will be all over the place and very dangerous. Similarly, if I dont use the sleeve in the right way then my weight will be out of control and my health will be in danger. Looking forward to happy healthier life ahead and making sure Im here to see my great grandkids lol

Rach
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon2401

Female
Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: A newbie from Adelaide, SA   A newbie from Adelaide, SA EmptyMon 04 Feb 2013, 10:50 pm

Hi Rachel,

It's nice to have a few fellow newbies on board as it is quite daunting at first.... but very exciting also! Where abouts are you having the surgery? April is only around the corner, how very exciting for you!!

Rhi
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: spoggy   A newbie from Adelaide, SA EmptyMon 04 Feb 2013, 8:03 am

Welcome Rachie, how exciting. April op. That is fantastic. Glad you have joined the forum, looking forward to some good chats.
Back to top Go down
rachie77

Female
Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: A newbie from Adelaide, SA   A newbie from Adelaide, SA EmptyMon 04 Feb 2013, 7:57 am

Hi Rhiannon

I'm a newbie to the site & also from adelaide. I have seen surgeon once & have another appt in 3weeks where i will be booking in for my op, looking at April.! I am very excited but also nervous. I have been looking at the forum for a long long time & finally got the nerve to join up.

Rachel
A newbie from Adelaide, SA 487524
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: spoggy   A newbie from Adelaide, SA EmptyMon 04 Feb 2013, 7:37 am

Welcome to the site and congratulations on getting a surgery date. There are lots of people in Adelaide. Look at some of the other tabs, get togethers etc. If you feel like it start your diary, the co Adelaidians will pop up.
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon2401

Female
Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: A newbie from Adelaide, SA   A newbie from Adelaide, SA EmptyMon 04 Feb 2013, 3:22 am

Hi all,
My name is Rhiannon and I am from Adelaide... I am all new to this, so be kind to me haha..
I am all booked in for surgery on the 26th of November and can't wait!
Would love to know if there are any fellow Adelaidians around that are in the same boat as me, or post surgery.

Cheers x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A newbie from Adelaide, SA   A newbie from Adelaide, SA Empty

Back to top Go down

A newbie from Adelaide, SA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: