7 posters
AuthorMessage
*alexita*
*alexita*

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-07-14

HI from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Melbourne   HI from Melbourne EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 12:15 am

Thanks guys... I guess because Im just so excited and ready for this that I feel time is going so slow! I actually made the decision to do this last year but didn't have health insurance do I've been waiting since then as they have a 1 year waiting period! Thanks for all the support, there are so many questions I had that this forum has already answered and it's just fantastic to be able to hear it first hand from people who know what it's like to struggle with your weight and have gone through this whole process! And J I'll have to admit, Melbournians are pretty awesome ;P I'd love to catch up with some fellow melbournites! :D

Thanks again for the kind words.... I just can't wait to have it done and be an official sleever! Eeeek *head bursts with *excitement*
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

HI from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Melbourne   HI from Melbourne EmptyMon 16 Jul 2012, 1:57 pm

Welcome Alex! You're a smart woman to get this done while you're so lovely and young - I wish I was as smart as you when I was your age. You'll bounce back in no time! All the best with your surgery.

And J - all the best sleevers from Melbourne? Pfff.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

HI from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Melbourne   HI from Melbourne EmptyMon 16 Jul 2012, 12:23 pm

Who me ? Never..
Back to top Go down
Crazybexta
Crazybexta

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-06-14

HI from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Melbourne   HI from Melbourne EmptyMon 16 Jul 2012, 11:04 am

J wrote:
Welcome aboard..

November isn't far away at all and before you know it you'll be on Opti and getting ready for the big day..

All the best sleever's come from Melbourne anyways :P

Not prejudiced at all huh J????

Welcome aboard Alexita :D
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

HI from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Melbourne   HI from Melbourne EmptyMon 16 Jul 2012, 12:54 am

Welcome aboard..

November isn't far away at all and before you know it you'll be on Opti and getting ready for the big day..

All the best sleever's come from Melbourne anyways :P

Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

HI from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Melbourne   HI from Melbourne EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 10:20 pm

Welcome alexita,

You've found a grat place to while away the time between now and surgery as it is a place to go for support, advice and answers,.....even to have a vent if required.

You will find the four months flies past as various stages of the journey approach and pass. I was in the same position as you what felt like 1000 years aog and I now only have 24 days to wait. The time has actually flown! I did boring things in the first couple of months, I found a personal trainer and asked they set me a program that got me moving gently and I spent, and still spend, quite a bit of time working on my large muscle group. My surgeon was most impressed and then said "You know you have to maintain this!"

Good luck while waiting, and all the best for your journey.
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

HI from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Melbourne   HI from Melbourne EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 2:04 pm

Hi alexita and welcome.

You're going to be surprised at how quickly the four months go by. There are a few younger people on the site who have also had the sleeve. I met a young man in Queensland who had lost a lot of weight...as well as knowing a young lady in WA who had the surgery when she was 20. She has also lost at least 30kg.

Good luck as you get to know the site and the sleevers.

S
Back to top Go down
*alexita*
*alexita*

Female

HI from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Melbourne   HI from Melbourne EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 6:37 am

Thank you for the warm welcome.... I look forward to finding my sleeve month. I still have 4 months to go and the time feels like its creeping by so slowly.... I can't wait till November!

:)
Back to top Go down
lizzzy
Part of the furniture
lizzzy

Female
Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2011-08-12

HI from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Melbourne   HI from Melbourne EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 2:23 am

Welcome to the sleeve world sweetheart you will find loads of inspirational stories here, share a laugh and a tear.
Find your month in the sleeves monthly and you will have shared experiences of what you will be going through.
Why don't you also pop along to the Melbourne meetings, and meet a whole bunch of people some just beginning their journey and some that have achieved their goal. We get together and swap clothes, get rid of unwanted opti and the like.

I wish you all success in your journey
Back to top Go down
*alexita*
*alexita*

Female

HI from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: HI from Melbourne   HI from Melbourne EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 12:35 am

Hi everyone

I'm really excited to have joined this forum and am looking forward to reading everyones progress, questions, etc. Im 23 and am booked in to have my sleeve done november 12th, it still feels so far away but im so excited and cant wait....

i have so many questions which im sure ill be asking and cant wait to hear all the advice and feedback.

have a great day :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HI from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI from Melbourne   HI from Melbourne Empty

Back to top Go down

HI from Melbourne
Page 1 of 1