AuthorMessage
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

New from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Melbourne   New from Melbourne EmptyWed 01 Jan 2014, 4:31 am

Hi Shoeberry,

I had my Sleeve done in Melbourne 5 1/2 months ago. I was the scariest but best decision of my life. I have gone from being tired, overweight, aching joints and back with high blood pressure to feeling at least 10 yrs younger. I have thrown away my BP medications and for the first time ever I joined a gym. 

You have already be through so much. I wish you the very best for your future journey. It's a steep learning curve but well worth the effort. 

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Brunie42
Part of the furniture
Brunie42

Female
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2013-08-22

New from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Melbourne   New from Melbourne EmptyWed 01 Jan 2014, 3:55 am

Welcome Shoeberry and all the best for your op tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

New from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Melbourne   New from Melbourne EmptySat 28 Dec 2013, 10:14 am

Hiya shoeberry!! Looking forward to reading all about your journey with the sleeve..
Back to top Go down
shoeberry

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2013-12-28

New from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Melbourne   New from Melbourne EmptySat 28 Dec 2013, 10:08 am

Hi spunkygirl

Nice to meet another January sleever. 

Opti is not easy, thats for sure. The first 3-4 days are the worst, (expect some headaches from the detox) then it gets a little bit easier. 

I did not tell anyone originally, but before the band I ran into (literally, coming around a corner) a work colleague, and we were both munching on optifast bars, which was a bit of a giveaway lol. He was banded the day before me. 

I have heard of people not sticking to optifast, and when the surgeon opens them up, the liver is too big, and they either close them up again without doing anything, or have to do a full opening instead of the little incisions. You don't want either of these options. After my band I asked my surgeon about my liver, and he said it was great. I have never been prouder of an internal organ. Made the two weeks of opti worthwhile. 

All the best for the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
spunkygirl
spunkygirl

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-12-27

New from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Melbourne   New from Melbourne EmptySat 28 Dec 2013, 9:47 am

Wow Shoeberry, what a journey! I'm also short he he.

Your surgery is so soon. How exciting. I saw your other post about not having to do Optifast. Lucky you! I start Opti on Monday, and I'm wondering how I'm going to get through it. Shear determination at this point I think.

I have 2 kids. 11 & 8 years. Not telling anyone about the surgery. Best of luck, and stay in touch.
Back to top Go down
shoeberry

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2013-12-28

New from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: New from Melbourne   New from Melbourne EmptySat 28 Dec 2013, 9:03 am

Hi all

I am being sleeved next Thursday, 2nd Jan 2014. Only 5 more sleeps, yay!

I was banded just over 6 years ago, was 110.1kg with a BMI of 46 (yes, I'm short). Managed to get down to 55kg at one stage, but settled at around 62kg for the last couple of years. Had numerous ops over the 6 years, including a flipped port, a body lift, and an infected port. Then the band slipped and was removed on 29 Sept this year. 

Now I know that WLS works for me, I wanted something more permanent than the band, so the sleeve it is. 

Looking forward to sharing the next stage of my journey with you all. 

Cheers
Sue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Melbourne   New from Melbourne Empty

Back to top Go down

New from Melbourne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: