AuthorMessage
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

New, excited and nervous! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New, excited and nervous!   New, excited and nervous! EmptyMon 09 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

Hi b&bmama and ditto on the welcomes.

As others have said fears and concerns a re a normal part of the process. Two years on I am thrilled with my decision to be sleeved. In fact I was more scared about continuing on as a morbidly obese person than I was worried about the impending changes to eating OR the potential risks of the surgery. That made it an easy decision.

And two years on I am much healthier and happier than I would otherwise have been.

Good luck as you work through the process..and don't hesitate to keep reading through the site and asking questions.

S
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: New, excited and nervous!   New, excited and nervous! EmptyMon 09 Jul 2012, 6:05 am

Hi, Welcome to the forum!

I have not yet been sleeved but stalked this site for months before I joined. Any questions or concerns you have can be asked here and someone will answer them to the best of their knowledge, but everyone is different.

It is very reassuring if you search through the forum, using the Search tab at the top, how common the concerns are that we all experience.

Safe travels. Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
mrspotatohead

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: New, excited and nervous!   New, excited and nervous! EmptyMon 09 Jul 2012, 4:27 am

Hi,

Firstly welcome, this is a fab sited and i am sure you will find lots of friendly people to support you. Now i had all the same fears as you. I was sleeved in march and now i am 30kg down (half way) and life is no where near as restrictive as i was worried it would be. For me i have had no problem with drinking diet soda. I can sip a drink during meals and i eat normal mouthfuls just not as many. So it many not be as daunting as you think. Having said that i know there are people on here who months out are still really restricted.

Good luck and let us know any other questions you have. This is the start of such an exciting time for you. oxox
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: New, excited and nervous!   New, excited and nervous! EmptyMon 09 Jul 2012, 4:25 am

I think we are all scared of the change... Of all of the ones you listed the hardest I find to deal with is the not drinking with food.

You do get used to it all and it becomes part of your habits but for a while you can mourn the changes....that quickly disipates once you start seeing changes to your body... you will gladdly pass up that glass of water with your meal to fit into a size 10 pair of jeans.

Good luck and congratulations
Back to top Go down
B&BMama

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: New, excited and nervous!   New, excited and nervous! EmptyMon 09 Jul 2012, 3:40 am

Hi! I'm new here and looking for a great support site. I have one more dr's appt to go before my surgery (hopefully in sept).

I'm excited for the "new" me, but nervous for all the changes in my eating habits (sipping drinks, eating tiny bits of food at a time, no soda, and the biggest...not being able to drink while I eat!)

Have any of you had the same apprehensions, but after having surgery, find it's not that big of a deal?

I look forward to being a part of your journey, and you to be part of mine. :)

V
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New, excited and nervous!   New, excited and nervous! Empty

Back to top Go down

New, excited and nervous!
Page 1 of 1