rosiem
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rosiem

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2012-06-16

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Middle aged sleeving   Hi from Melbourne EmptyMon 09 Jul 2012, 8:47 am

Hi Kate and Mum,

Inspirational! Thank you for your encouragement and welcome.

Regards
Rosie
Back to top Go down
Kate + Mum (123katepink)
Part of the furniture
Kate + Mum (123katepink)

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptySat 07 Jul 2012, 10:12 am

Welcome Rosie :)

My Mum had her sleeve done at 59 and has lost 50kg she is a brand new woman :) I was so proud of her and inspired that I signed up to be sleeved myself. The best decision we have both made

Wishing you all the very best xx

Hi from Melbourne 217555
Back to top Go down
rosiem

Female

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Hi Janet   Hi from Melbourne EmptySat 07 Jul 2012, 6:21 am

Hi Janet, Looks like we're on the same road together! Look forward to exchanging our stories.

All the best,
Rosie
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptySat 07 Jul 2012, 12:47 am

Hi rosiem,

Welcome to the forum. I'm getting sleeved on the 9th August so we will be practically sharing the journey. Maybe well will see more (or less) of each other in the August sleevers group.

Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
rosiem

Female

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyFri 06 Jul 2012, 10:35 pm

Thank you everyone for making me welcome. I can't believe this site! It's given me so much confidence in my decision, thanks to all you wonderful people. Just can't wait for the 10th August to come around. I'm looking forward to getting to know the August sleevers.

Rosie
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyFri 06 Jul 2012, 1:47 am

hey there Rosie

welcome to the forum

Erin
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyThu 05 Jul 2012, 5:05 pm

Hi Rosie and ditto on the welcomes.

Congrats too on getting a date and starting the countdown to your new self.

I hope you've found the special forum for the august 2012 sleevers...it's a special thread where people getting sleeved in that month hang out...as well as on all the other threads on this site. I loved it be because you get to experience every part of the process with a group of people going through the same stages as you at the same time...and sometimes you'll even find a sleever buddy being sleeved on the same day and/or the same hospital as you.

I have no doubt you'll also be spending a lot of time going through the pre and post op threads.

Good luck over the next month as your prepare..

S
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:21 pm

Hi Rosie and welcome to the forum.

I was 56 when I had my sleeve op, best thing I ever did.

Wishing you all the best for your surgery and journey.

Hi from Melbourne 217555 Hi from Melbourne 217555
Back to top Go down
rosiem

Female

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Saturday   Hi from Melbourne EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:09 pm

Hi J,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I can't make it, but hope to get together soon.

Rosie
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 7:19 am

Hey Rosie, I know its short notice but there's a bunch of us getting together on Sat night. I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to come along, perhaps ease your mind if you had any questions :)

Back to top Go down
rosiem

Female

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Sleeve Date booked!   Hi from Melbourne EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 6:51 am

Thanks for your message Daydreamer! I'm very excited. I've just heard that the date is set for 10th August!
Back to top Go down
Daydreamer
Daydreamer

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2012-04-05

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 12:07 am

Hey Rosie,

I too was sleeved by Geoff in May this year and have been VERY pleased with the results, it truthfully has been the best thing I have done for myself regarding my weight battles. You have chosen an ace surgeon.
Good Luck

Back to top Go down
rosiem

Female

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: August Support Group   Hi from Melbourne EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 10:50 pm

Hi Lizzzy,

Thank you! I'd really love to be part of that.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Rosiem
Back to top Go down
lizzzy
Part of the furniture
lizzzy

Female
Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2011-08-12

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 10:24 am

Welcome and good luck Rosie

you have chosen a wonderful surgeon with an awesome support team. Come along to one of our meetings and chat to others that have been sleeved by Geoff.

Why dont you join the August Monthly group and chat with others that are going to have their op the same time you do. you will be able to share experiences, the highs and lows, the funny and sad. Its great to support each other. I was in the March group, we are a funny mixed bag of people who share a laugh and a tear.

Good luck with your journey
Back to top Go down
rosiem

Female

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 10:05 am

Hi, I'm just finding my way around this site. Everyone seems so encouraging! I'm hoping to get sleeved by Geoffrey Draper in August, after an adult life time of struggling with the same 30kg. So, in effect, I still haven't lost my post baby weight, and the baby is now 30 years old!!!! I'm 57, and menopause certainly hasn't helped my cause.

However, I remarried two years ago to a wonderful guy, who can INHALE junk food without gaining a pound, and so that's added another reason to get sleeved. Watching him consume wine, chocolate, ice cream and cheesels by the truckload has it's testing moments! Hopefully sleeving help with the temptation.

So many of you have done so well and look so happy with your new lives. It is a great inspiration to us newbies.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Melbourne   Hi from Melbourne Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Melbourne
Page 1 of 1