gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Terrified newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified newby   Terrified newby EmptySat 10 Dec 2011, 10:05 pm

Hi Bec,

Hopefully you will have family support from your partner or Mum, because for three weeks after the operation you cannot do too much lifting or strenuous activity.

Good luck, and welcome!
Hello

Back to top Go down
JAM
JAM

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Terrified newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified newby   Terrified newby EmptyThu 08 Dec 2011, 4:16 am

Hi Bec

Welcome, you will love this forum everyone is just so supportive and honest.

Im having my sleeve on 25 Jan by Justin Greenslade. I've actually only met him the once but immediately liked him and his receptionist Brendra is GREAT, she has actually had the sleeve and is a wealth of information.

Cheers Jane
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Terrified newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified newby   Terrified newby EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 9:50 pm

Hi Beck! Welcome to the GSS. You have come to the right place for support and advice!

I am booked in for my op on the 2nd of February with Dr Taylor at the SAN in Sydney. I have a 3 year old and (presently) 8 1/2 month old. Its going to be a little tough not being able to pick them up but we will get through! Hope all goes well for you and don't forget to start a diary in the diaries section!
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Terrified newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified newby   Terrified newby EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 8:35 am

Terrified newby 473426

hi there Beck and welcome to you, may everything go really well for you. as mentioned below great site with awesome people and fantastic knowledge

regards

Erin
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

Terrified newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified newby   Terrified newby EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 7:53 am

Hi Beck, welcome aboard!

Flick made a good point about not being able to pick up bubs for a while, but on the positive side you will be able to run around with your kids, kick a ball around and generally tire them out with all your new energy post-sleeve!

It's a big decision but I've yet to read of a sleever that feels it was the wrong decision for them. I'm nearly 7 weeks out and I am absolutely thrilled with the results and it's been well worth the few weeks of down time to recover.

When/if you get a date head over to the sleevers monthly and hook up with heaps of others getting sleeved the same month of you.

Love the stretchmarkbarbie name, btw :-)
Back to top Go down
Stretchmark Barbie
Stretchmark Barbie

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Terrified newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified newby   Terrified newby EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 5:22 am

jessied wrote:
Hi Beck
Welcome to a great site with lots of people to help you.
Ask away and I am sure you will get lots of answers.
You can also do a search to find posts/topics to help you
About the process.
Wishing you all the best!

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
Stretchmark Barbie
Stretchmark Barbie

Female

Terrified newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified newby   Terrified newby EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 5:22 am

flick wrote:
Hi Bek

What do you want to know?

This is me so far, I had the sleeve done just over 5 weeks ago and I have to say it is the best thing I have done, weight loss wise. I have done every diet and even had a band put in about 13 years ago and it was a huge fail. And this is easy now I am over the fluid and puree stages, it is small amounts more frequently.

Are you actually booked in for the sleeve?

I see you have young children, I just thought that I should let you know that you will not be able to lift up your youngest for quite a while due to the surgery, I was told no lifting or house work for about a month.

Sorry about the jumble but my mind works in mysterious waysTerrified newby 401252

If you need to know anything just ask, people on this site are very helpful

Good luck

Flick

Hi and thanks for the welcome. I'm not actually booked in yet. Although I have been told there are a few spots still available in a month! So it will all be happening fairly soon.

I know I can't pick up my babies. I think that's going to be a huge struggle as my youngest is really clingy. We will make it work though.
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Terrified newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified newby   Terrified newby EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 2:07 am

Hi Beck
Welcome to a great site with lots of people to help you.
Ask away and I am sure you will get lots of answers.
You can also do a search to find posts/topics to help you
About the process.
Wishing you all the best!
Back to top Go down
flick
flick

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-07-12

Terrified newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified newby   Terrified newby EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 1:26 am

Hi Bek

What do you want to know?

This is me so far, I had the sleeve done just over 5 weeks ago and I have to say it is the best thing I have done, weight loss wise. I have done every diet and even had a band put in about 13 years ago and it was a huge fail. And this is easy now I am over the fluid and puree stages, it is small amounts more frequently.

Are you actually booked in for the sleeve?

I see you have young children, I just thought that I should let you know that you will not be able to lift up your youngest for quite a while due to the surgery, I was told no lifting or house work for about a month.

Sorry about the jumble but my mind works in mysterious waysTerrified newby 401252

If you need to know anything just ask, people on this site are very helpful

Good luck

Flick
Back to top Go down
Stretchmark Barbie
Stretchmark Barbie

Female

Terrified newby Empty
PostSubject: Terrified newby   Terrified newby EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 12:14 am

Hi all

I'm Beck. I'm 25, a uni student and a mummy of 3 kids, aged 6, 4, and 21 months. I'm off to see Dr Justin Greenslade next friday and i am absoloutly terrified. Having surgery is scary and I have so many decisions to make in the next few weeks and I am a terrible procrastinator!

Looking forward to getting to know the forum and possibly getting a heap of my questions answered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Terrified newby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified newby   Terrified newby Empty

Back to top Go down

Terrified newby
Page 1 of 1