HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terrified.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Terrified. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified.   Terrified. EmptyTue 06 Oct 2015, 1:15 am

Hi Katey

Most people have their location on their profile, but there is a section on local get togethers, as well.so you could at least see where people are from.

The diary is just for you to write whatever you want, get excited, vent, share your journey.....I just write random thoughts, feelings !!! Others who are registered on the forum can see and comment. I don't know if anyone reads mine or not, but part of why I started one was that maybe someone who  in a situation similar to mine would get some useful /helpful information. I know I have done, reading others' experiences. We're all here for so many different reasons, different weights, histories, co morbidities, etc that I think it's great to read other peoples' journeys.

I think you can click on someone's ticker thing to get you to the website, then you can create your own....but I'm 'technologically challenged', so someone better qualified to answer that is probably better helping you with that !!!!

I have the countdown app on my phone, too :-) I love looking at it now, 'cos it's under 40 days !!!!!!!!!!!! Operation Cheesewheel - ROFL !!
Back to top Go down
KatyOverWeighty
KatyOverWeighty

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2015-10-04

Terrified. Empty
PostSubject: A little less terrified...   Terrified. EmptyTue 06 Oct 2015, 1:00 am

Hi again!

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I have started an April group... hopefully in the right place... and maybe I will get some friends soon!

Is there somewhere on the forum where you can find locals? I am more than happy communicating this way as I am a bit of a shut-in these days but would be interested to know where everyone is!

What is the diary for... does it ask for comments or is it just for me?

Where to get those ticker thingies for weight loss? I'd like one of a countdown to my op lol... I have a countdown on my phone... exactly 6 months today until Operation Cheesewheel goes into action!
Back to top Go down
mazela
mazela

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2015-09-20

Terrified. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified.   Terrified. EmptyMon 05 Oct 2015, 12:58 am

hi terrified--- nah -- you just sound like fun to me--- enjoy looking around the site-- iam new here myself-- and i have found quite a few answers from people here
Back to top Go down

Terrified. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified.   Terrified. EmptyMon 05 Oct 2015, 12:50 am

Hi Katey

Hello

Welcome ! As you've obviously discovered, this is a great place to chat with others who have been through the sleeve process, or are hanging out to get there !!! It's a fantastic source of support  and understanding , as well as  information, on all aspects, even the bad, which we all need to be aware of    - I'm loving it as I await my upcoming surgery (having, like you, had to wait that 12 months!)

As BoJ said, you could start a thread for your month in the Sleevers' Monthly section. You might be a little lonely for a bit, but then you'll be surprised how many others join you!
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

Terrified. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified.   Terrified. EmptySun 04 Oct 2015, 10:24 pm

Hi and welcome.  

I'm sure you will find plenty of support and info here.   Some people like to start a diary thread in the diary section to chart their journey.   Most people go to the monthly section and join (or start) a thread for the month they have their op.  Even if no one else is there yet for april 16, trust me, if you build it, they will come.  

Try and use the time you have to wait for good - have you hooked up with a dietician or anything yet?  If you can change a few things now, it really helps recovery etc.
Back to top Go down
KatyOverWeighty
KatyOverWeighty

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2015-10-04

Terrified. Empty
PostSubject: Terrified.   Terrified. EmptySun 04 Oct 2015, 2:36 pm

Of forums.
I never know where to put my posts! Lol but everywhere I have read tells me that my support can make or break your success when it comes to WLS and from reading the posts I think this is definitely the next best thing to actually meeting and sitting in a circle :) Please let me know if I break the codes of coduct for forum use as I have read people can get quite touchy about etiquette and I currently have no idea what that means!! :-)

I am Katey, I am 30 and weigh 135kg (49BMI). I just signed up to the forum tonight because a: I can't sleep and the other half is stealing the blankets, and b: all my homework (and I have done a lot) tells me success often rides on having support. I only have one family member in the country and moved to Brisbane from Sydney some years ago so don't have my circle of girlfriends here... so I did a spot of Googling.

My surgery is booked with Dr. Greenlande at Greenslopes (Bris) for April 6th 2016 as I need to wait for my PHI to mature... it's a long damn wait and I am so excited! I have no fear at this stage - I have previously had both my spleen and my gallbladder removed and for some reason death under anaesthetic doesn't strike fear into me. Neither do needles or hospitals or pain (pain meds! woo!) but I am generally concerned that I will continue to be my own worse enemy post-op and will burst my stitches by gorging on the wrong foods.
Can't help but think it'd be great if my stomach could just be removed all together, I could have all my nutrients via IV and eat whatever I wanted. Hmmm. Or maybe a bionic stomach replacement....

So yeh..I tend to waffle and can be kinda blunt. And periodically insane. Where's the best place for me to set up camp?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Terrified. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrified.   Terrified. Empty

Back to top Go down

Terrified.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: