45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 EmptySat 06 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello

Hi

Just wondering is there any things you should of done before sleeve .........

Like eat your last Full meal
Prepare your mind
Prepare meals
start Vit. Supp.. b4 opti
start creams for skin (especial your stomach area)

From Lovelyslim
Date of surgery 1/11/11

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 5:30 pm

Thanks Moto MotoIs there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 65317

Great advice ................
Back to top Go down
Moto Moto
Moto Moto

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 5:14 am

For any male sleevers reading this one - Get your abdominal area WAXED about 10-14 days beforehand so they don't have to shave you!

The short term pain would be better than the annoyance of regrowing hairs after they shave you in theatre :D
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 7:37 am

Not tooooooooo long now

Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 Event
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

1:09Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 I_icon_multiquote_off Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 I_icon_quote Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 I_icon_edit

It's been a long and tough journey But yeaha it's almost here ........ 12 months in the waiting

Can't wait and bring it on ..................

Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 ZQwVp10

Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 EventIs there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 878453

Date of surgery 1/11/11

Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 EmptyMon 08 Aug 2011, 3:52 pm

Thanks heaps ....Great advice ......

Love reading your comments as you have been through it ...... Congrats on the hard work ........

sometimes now when i'm eating i think OMG soon i will not be able to eat all of this food ....and than i wonder what else am i going to do besides eating ....... how will my time pass without food .......it's going to be a challence .....

Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 ZQwVp10

Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 Event
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 EmptySun 07 Aug 2011, 12:14 am

LovelySlim; I pondered on that question myself. I didn't have my last big meal the night before my op like others; I had to do OF for two weeks, and I did TF for three weeks prior to that so I had a night out on New Years Eve and until recently that was my last alcoholic beverage as well. Adding to Fishyoutofwater's great reply as I like to be prepared also; I had to stay in a unit near the hospital by myself for a couple of weeks; so I moved in a few days before, and did my shop and cooked some soups and was prepared and unpacked, which made my time post op a little more pleasant. (and if travelling fill up the fuel tank) I am soooo glad I took my measurements, including your neck, which is interesting; but I wish I had of done my feet and head circumference, and I did my hip measurement, but also should of got two at hip level, one below bulge and one at biggest point. I found my neck shrunk first and faster to skin and bones. All the best.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 EmptySun 07 Aug 2011, 12:12 am

Wow think the post below covers alot of it.

Just remember though you might not need all of it, I didn't.

I didn't need extra steri stripes, my wounds we fine.
I also didn't need de-gas tabs.

Benefibre also didn't work for me.
I used Metamucil Fibrecaps daily for about the first 6 months.
Recommended by my bariatic nurse and dietician.
Also had Coloxyl with senna and took as needed.

Seeing a psychologist isn't part of the package with my surgeon, so I didn't see anyone pre op. I am now, however, booked in to see someone now I am 4 months out. I am starting to notice 'fat thoughts' and bad habits trying to rear their ugly heads....

Good advice here, wasn't part of my package either. I was 14 months out and doing really well, thought all my demons and bad habits where gone, but they are back. I have since been seeing a psychologist.

I used Kate Morgan shakes post op, no way I was touching anymore Optifast.
Used them for the first 3 months to boost my protein intake.
I only used one a day.

I live alone so stocked up on apple juice, custards (small long life) yoghurts (100 ml tubs), soups (tetra pack ones, they are nicer, or make and freeze your own), shakes, long life skim milk. I did buy Up & go, but hated it. Icy poles, diet cordial (apple and rasp Cottees was my fav.), etc.

I have terrible scars from previous surgeries, so gave Bio Oil a try on my scars. Worked brilliantly. I am 20 mths out and you can hardly see the scars. Used it also on my tummy tuck scar and very very happy, its as smooth as.

Good luck with your surgery.

Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 217555 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 217555
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 EmptySun 07 Aug 2011, 12:04 am

Like Fishy, I like to be prepared as well.

Prior to the operation, I shopped to my hearts content at the Chemist Warehouse and had on hand (just in case)

*deGas
*Panadol & Mersyndol CAPLETS so they were easier to swallow
*steri strips
*heat packs (heat ease same as fishys)
*Normacol
*Sustagen powder

And from the Supermarket:

*Up N Go
*Up N Go energize (higher in protein)
*Drinking Yoghurt
*Apple juice
*low joule cordial

And I made high protein soups pre op and froze them into ice cube size portions. Then they could be thinned out to whatever stage I was at.

If you are going to indulge in a 'Last Supper' my surgeon reckons its better to do it before your final 2 weeks of opti. But if its something like Fishy had (protein and veggies - no carbs) it won;t hurt to have it prior :)

I prepared my mind as best I could during the wait for surgery. Of course there are things that you just can't 'fix' just like that, and they do come up. Seeing a psych beforehand is a good idea, and catching up with other sleevers helps too :)

Check with your surgeon about what you can and cannot take prior to your op. I was taking vitamin D and a multivit prior to the op and then a few days after. Still am on the multivitamins but don't need to supplement the VIT D anymore.

Some people use Bio-Oil on their incisions. I haven't done anything to my scars, they are so small and my tummy is NEVER going to be bared so the scars didn't/don't bother me.
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 EmptySat 06 Aug 2011, 11:15 pm

Good thread lovelyslim.

I know a lot of people have a last meal. I did have king prawns and salad the night before my surgery, so I cheated on opti. but not too badly.

Getting prepared before surgery with freezing soups is a good idea. I was lucky, my mum came to stay with me and cooked lots while I was in hospital for the two days.

Seeing a psychologist isn't part of the package with my surgeon, so I didn't see anyone pre op. I am now, however, booked in to see someone now I am 4 months out. I am starting to notice 'fat thoughts' and bad habits trying to rear their ugly heads....

I was told I didn't need to start vit supplements until 2 weeks post op, as I was expected to be on opti for my two weeks of liquid.

Do have some opti, or similiar, to have post op. An easy way to get your nutrients when you are only able to sip, sip, sip.

If your surgeon expects you to continue on opti post op, as mine did, DO NOT buy enough for your three meals a day.... I was only able to drink one to one and a half per day, so had loads left over.

From what I read on here, and have spoken about with others, constipation can be an issue for some, particularly initially. I used benfibre, but didn't make a difference. Coloxyl with sienna from the chemist works well, worth having for when you get out, I think.

I also needed steri-strips and covers for weeping incisions.

I like to be prepared for all eventualities too.... but this meant that I had 'heat-ease' packs for relief as well as 'gas-stop' in case of bad gas pains. I did not need these, so they remain unused.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 EmptySat 06 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

Hello

Hi

Just wondering is there any things you should of done before sleeve .........

Like eat your last Full meal
Prepare your mind
Prepare meals
start Vit. Supp.. b4 opti
start creams for skin (especial your stomach area)

From Lovelyslim
Date of surgery 1/11/11

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4