45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySat 06 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello

Hi

Just wondering is there any things you should of done before sleeve .........

Like eat your last Full meal
Prepare your mind
Prepare meals
start Vit. Supp.. b4 opti
start creams for skin (especial your stomach area)

From Lovelyslim
Date of surgery 1/11/11

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Sep 2011, 9:56 pm

My bougie was a size 38... yeah, pretty sure that was the size. I did ask before and after op.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

Just wondering does anyone know what bougie size was used on them ......... Is it a 36 , 38 ............ has anyone asked their surgeon .......
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 9:11 am

hi Hello Sholley

Welcome to this aweson site ............ Hey come and join us in our November Sleevers 2011........... It's almost here ,,,

Thank God
Back to top Go down
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 10:07 pm

I was lucky enough to meet up with a recently sleeved 'sleever' via eBay when buying some cool clothes for Bali a couple of months ago... got around to talking via email and we have since been in touch by phone...

The advice and knowledge that all you guys that have been through the process can give is priceless. Instead of going into this operation unprepared, we have so much information to help us on our journey.

I have 10 weeks & 1 day 'til surgery (who's counting right???) and already I have a shopping list in mind courtesy of this thread and have started using up all the stuff in the pantry so it can be re-stocked with 'post sleeve' groceries...not sure my son is impressed but he will get used to a much healthier diet and I'm pretty sure will thank me in years to come.

Most importantly, thank you all. I've said it many many times but it will never be enough. I've read through all the complications that have arisen with some members, so yes, I'm informed on both the good and the bad.. the painful possibilities and have to admit there is a tiny frisson of fear .. the whole 'what if' factor BUT, the possibility of leading this 'normal life' I have wanted since I was a child is so important that I think anything can and will be overcome to get there.

The Up & Go, I was wondering about that as it's something I have for brekky now when I'm in a hurry.. now I know I can stock up on that. Also, I can't drink anything sweet.. cordial etc and don't like iceblocks for the same reason but have had 'squinchers' in one of the places I worked... They're an electrolyte replacement sachet that you add to water. No sugar or calories so I'm wondering if they would be ok to stock up on... anyone have any idea?

I was also wondering, as I will be staying in Sydney for a couple of weeks post sleeve, what I needed to take with me to have on hand... I don't know how mobile I will be or whether shopping will be a possibility etc so wanted to make sure I have enough of what I need... It seems like as long as you have plenty of Opti you'll be ok?

I'm sure there are a million and one questions to be asked and as you read through the different threads on here, you think of them... it's a wonderful place you ladies and gents have made here... Congrats & thanks again

MichelleIs there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 446871
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 1:17 pm

Yeaha Bella

Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 63412 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 63412 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 63412 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 63412 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 63412 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 63412 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 63412 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 63412 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 63412 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 63412

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Back to top Go down
Bella77
Part of the furniture
Bella77

Female
Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 4:37 pm

This was a really great thread and has given me some ideas as well, that I didn't even think about. I know that when I had my band I didnt get prepared as much as I should have for post op at home. This time I will. Thanks everyone for the ideas adn thanks lovelyslim for posting the thread.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 2:52 pm

Having a Big Pig Out

The date 7th of October 2011 ...Friday nite Dinner .....all is welcome...time 6.30pm-7pm untill we finish chatting hehehehehehehehehe .......

Resturant Rasheys liverpool 339 Hume Highway, Liverpool ...... some of Us have been there before ....they cater for everybody and everystage of your journey ........

Please come ......... would Love to see everybody ....... This will be my final Pig OUT farewell to overeating ............
Thank GOD ...... It's been a long long too long journey ........... waiting for 12 months ....(like some sleevers before me )........ well done ......

So come alone it will be Fun Fun Fun .... the chat will be Sleeve sleeve sleeve hehehehehehehehehehehe ....
Love ya's all and many thanks to you guys that have helped me through this journey.........

Can't believe it's almost here ....Bring it on ........

Cheers Carolina

Bring the camera's
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 4:34 pm

Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 618285 so much for all your tips ........ This is really helping me and i hope it helps future Sleevers ........

Can't wait for my sleeve ......
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 5:53 am

Don't forget to measure your neck. That was the one measurement that absolutely amazed me!

Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 4:34 am

Taking photos and measurements pre-op really comes in handy as you lose weight.

There are some weeks where the scales aren't playing nice but if you continue to take photos and measure you can see the difference that the scales don't reflect.

I wish I had taken photos on the very first day I made the decision to start this crazy adventure. By the time I got around to doing it I had already lost a number of kilos. (I didn't think to measure my ankles either ...)

I still take photos and measure fortnightly.

:)
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 4:25 pm

I am ready ready ......... just waiting Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 602625 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 602625 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 19756 Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 19756
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 10:14 pm

belladingo wrote:
Hi everyone, I know this may seem a stupid question but could someone please tell me how to make chicken broth. I have just bought chicken noodle packet soups and was going to strain through a tea strainer (this is what antoher friend did) but thinking if I did the chicken broth and froze it that would be good also what other things have you got for the first week to drink would say eat but well its drinking really lol thank u in advance

Couple of links iif you want to make real soup.........

http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/1653/homemade-chicken-soup.aspx

http://www.homemade-soup-recipes.com/clear.html
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 3:09 pm

You Girls are fantastic

Thanks to all your messages ........

5 weeks till optifast ..... Can't wait and bring it on ........
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Sep 2011, 3:25 am

I have said it before but I think that it is worth repeating.

Stand in front of a full length mirror and say goodbye.

I did that and at 2 years out am so glad that I did, almost like letting go of the emotional baggage.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Part of the furniture
Heidi

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 11:40 pm

Wow you ladies sound prepared.

I just thought I would add that I too had those dehydration ice blocks from the chemist... but could not stomach them post op. They are artificially sweetened and tasted way too sweet post-op. Streets lemonade ice-blocks were my saviour post-op. I highly recommend them.

Not very nutritious but they did keep my energy up and was pretty much the only thing I could tolerate for that first week.

My mum made some lovely chicken broth for me - apart from using the stock cubes in water - chicken soup is simple - just low boil a chicken in a soup bot with water until the chicken is cooked basically! But you will need to skim the fat off the top a bit when it cools down. You can add whatever vegies or herbs you like and just strain them out afterwards.

I also think the video and measuring post-op is great - I only recently watched my pre-surgery video a while ago and made a follow-up one now i'm 9 months on. They are on my blog: www.lessdangerouscurves.com

The knife, fork band book, although written for band patients, has excellent recipes and ideas for every stage of recovery. It was just brilliant.

One more thing - at hospital they gave me these stick on heat pads for my shoulder to help ease the shoulder tip pain you get when the carbon dioxide they pump into you during surgery slowly makes its way out of your body. The stick on heat pads worked for 8 hours! And meant they didn't fall off as I moved around. These are well worth picking up from the chemist!

All the best lovelyslim and others soon-to-be-sleeved kiss
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 12:21 pm

I'm just going to do chicken stock and water lovely ... nothing flash lol.

Maybe get some Musashi protein drinks ... 30g protein per drink and they taste really nice. Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla flavours.
Back to top Go down
belladingo
belladingo

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Hi everyone   Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

Hi everyone, I know this may seem a stupid question but could someone please tell me how to make chicken broth. I have just bought chicken noodle packet soups and was going to strain through a tea strainer (this is what antoher friend did) but thinking if I did the chicken broth and froze it that would be good also what other things have you got for the first week to drink would say eat but well its drinking really lol thank u in advance
Back to top Go down
hip chic tot
hip chic tot

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 11:03 am

Im going to start preparing myself next week, love this thread - i didnt think about those dehydrate ice blocks from chemists thanks for that.
-
Mum will be coming over daily for a fortnight to cook & clean for me -
Back to top Go down
http://hipchicandtot.com
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 4:47 am

I have stocked the fridge with Up n Go's and Musashi drinks ... nearly 30 of them lol.

I started talking my multi vitamins last Monday when I started my Opti.

My last meal the night before I started Opti was Indian (butter chicken).

I plan on doing some chicken broth type soups for the freezer next week. I've already put about 5 meals in the freezer for my kids.

Nearly there lovely xx
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 3:59 am

I wish I had of measured myself!!!! :(
Back to top Go down
Lacey21
Lacey21

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Sep 2011, 3:54 am

Thank you Lovelyslim, this has given me some ideas as well. I am in on the 12th Sept this Monday.

I didn't realise about measuring the feet, head and neck though but I'll do that now.

Ok back off to the shops you have given some great ideas, good luck with it all and I am sure you'll here about how I went on here :)

good luck

Lace
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 11:09 am

Thanks Girls
Love your messages .......

see ya soon Melpaulned.... I'll be there .......
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 4:26 am

HI LS

looking forward to seeing you next week

this is what i did

bought up and go energise

bought soups

(can u tell i'm not someone who likes to cook LOL)

mersyndol and DVD'S! had a lovely few days at home just watching tv (in btwn walking around of course)

i also ate my weight in crap food especially twisties (but only before opti not after)

i had heatwheats as i have a bad back but if you don't, grab some, they're a life saver

same with electric blanket - really comforting

good luck and i'll try and think of some more when i see you next saturday at menai!

xxx

mel
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 10:28 pm

Wow, you are finally there, or nearly there lovelyslim.

You do seem very prepared, which I think is important.

I am sure you have covered everything.

I am five months out now, and still getting closer and closer to my goal.

Good luck with your last 6-7 weeks.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 3:30 pm

It's getting real close now to sleeve date .......... Any advice ..............

This is what i am doing .......

1 st .......Having a Pig OUT day on the 8 th October with everybody .........just b4 optifast
2nd........starting muti vitamins on the 16 sept (6weeks b4 sleeve .....
3 rd .......stocking on ice blocks u know the one's from the chemist ...for dehydration
4 th ........making the youtube video and taking photos ......
5 th .........getting my bag ready for hospital ......
6th .........having some chicken broth prepared frozen b4 surgery so i have something when i come back .........
7th .........Mentally preparing the whole family for the new healthy me ..........

Bring it on ............Any other advices .........
cheers Lovelyslim
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 5:30 pm

Thanks Moto MotoIs there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 65317

Great advice ................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips    Is there Any things you should of done before the  sleeve .... any tips  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there Any things you should of done before the sleeve .... any tips
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next