12 posters
AuthorMessage
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

From big things little things grow! Empty
PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 4:20 am

Congratulations on getting a surgery date, you won't believe how much this op will change your life. I was sleeved six weeks ago tomorrow and can't believe the difference it has made to my life, this morning I was wearing a pair of jeans that I used to love pre op and now they are falling down!!!! It does take a little while to get used to having such a little tummy and my biggest downfall would be not being able to have a coffee with my meal if we go out somewhere but I feel this is a very small price to pay for getting my life back.

Good luck with it all

Sunnie
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 4:05 am

Fantastic, you got your date, and a goal, and a future. We will all be here for you as you make your journey. We are all unique and are all at different stages. Great news....
hugs to you
sassysmum
Back to top Go down
Crowls
Crowls

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:51 am

Thanks so much for the advice, congrats on your weight loss so far. It is so exciting to hear these stories.
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:47 am

Congrats on getting your date for your sleeve.

Before shots...or fat shots, are important, not so much so you remember this time of your life, but so you can see how far you have come. There will be times when you plateau, or when you can't see the difference in you. Before shots and monthly body measurements help you see the progress you have made.
I am 9weeks out and love my sleeve, I have lost 27kgs with a million more to go, but at least I am moving in the right direction.
Good luck on your journey...

**You might want to start a diary on here, if you haven't done so already, to help track your journey as well, you already have a great title for it.
Back to top Go down
Crowls
Crowls

Female

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:25 am

Wow, can't believe it has been so long since I posted. Time is just not my own anymore, but the good news is I HAVE MY SURGERY DATE! Yeehaa Yippee
Start shakes on July 4th and surgery on July 20th!
Obviously since posting last, I have been to the Dr Russell in Rockhampton and the Dietician and every thing is booked.
I am so in the frame of mind to have this done and have already started to cut down on my meal size (which is no easy feat for me I can tell you) and started to shed a little weight. Still getting my head around not being able to go out to dinner and 'pig out' as such, but that is the only down side to this whole process.
My birthday is 13 days post op so I am thinking of having a soup party for my birthday, were everyone brings a different soup, think it will be fun and something totally different from the norm.
Now have just to bring myself to do some 'fat photo's' yuk! Do I really wanted to remember this time in my life........ not really, but everyone says to do them. From big things little things grow! 314562
Looking forward to being on here more often now that I have my date.

Cheers,

Vicki
Back to top Go down
adelaideundertaker
adelaideundertaker

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-03-08

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptySun 20 Mar 2011, 1:15 am

Hey Crowls
I too am in the early stages of sleeving - I have made the decision to have the surgery but have to wait 12 months for the private health cover to kick in - this site has given me SO much information and support already I just know you will love it.

I can tell you though this next 12 months are going to be very long for me! lol Do you have private cover coz if not you might want to get it asap as 12 months gets further and further away!

I too have been overweight all my life and have tried every diet there is from healthy eating and fitness to fad diets and wierd-ass shakes and soup diets (which leave you hungry and irritable)

Good Luck mate - this site will be a wealth of info for you
Back to top Go down
Crowls
Crowls

Female

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 3:17 am

Thanks ladies for the lovely replies. I know I am really going to enjoy being on here and learning from you all.
For those of you who have had the surgery, what has been the down side for you (if any).
Before logging on here I 'made the call' to a doctor in Rockhampton for some info but had to leave a message, so I guess you could say I have made the first step.
Thanks once again for your replies,
Vicki
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 5:36 am

Hiya,

This journey is so very much worth it !!!

Just went to a reunion and there were a few faces that didn't know me and others that were gob smacked.

What a wonderful feeling, so wonderful in fact that I want everyone else to have it too LOL

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
cheezelsandlemonade
cheezelsandlemonade

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-03-08

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 3:05 pm

Welcome Crowls!

I am pretty new too - and like you have no date, no surgeon or anything although I have definitely decided that if I can find a surgeon happy to do my sleeve - its a done deal!

You will find reading through this forum to be really helpful, as I have.. I lurked in here as a guest reading for 3 or 4 weeks till I joined.

The people here are so lovely, supportive and an absolute wealth of information so you are in fabulous hands!

Ree :)
xxx

Back to top Go down
MiddleWoman
Part of the furniture
MiddleWoman

Female
Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 3:51 am

Your title is really great! Congratulations on your two little boys. Now it's your time - do lots of research, ask lots of questions and make informed decisions. I am happy with my progress and have no complaints. I am only a couple of months out, but I know time will fly and I'll soon be just like Janette, at a healthy weight and loving it.

MiddleWoman
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 2:43 am

My surgeon and my Doctor both agreed that I was a prime candidate for this surgery, as I was a big eater...I don't eat rubbish, just a LOT of good food piled on my plate! I will STILL be able to enjoy good food after the operation, but I will feel full after a small amount, and I will lose weight.

Its a win/win situation as far as I am concerned!

This site is a great site to get information from. Good luck in your journey!
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   From big things little things grow! EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 3:24 am

Hello and welcome, you are about to embark on another exciting journey; There is lots of good info on this site as well as heaps of support. Look forward to catching you on Chat.

Bye for now.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 7:43 pm

Hi Crowls and welcome

Love your title!

Good luck with your decision making and journey.

I have been sleeved 15 months and love it.
I am now fit, healthy and happy after being overweight all my life.

From big things little things grow! 217555 From big things little things grow! 217555
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 4:33 pm

Hi Crowls and welcome
Lots of info on this site, so good luck with your research.
Love your name - so appropriate!
Back to top Go down
Crowls
Crowls

Female

PostSubject: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 3:08 pm

Hi there all,
Was just googling gastric sleeve surgery and came across this website. Just thinking of it at the moment and have not made any appointments. I know two people who have had this procedure done and have no regrets at all.
I have been overweight all my life ~ I basically just love food. Dont so much eat junk food, just over eat what food I do eat. Have been on the ivf rollercoaster for 6 years (which resulted in two gorgeous boys - 22mths & 5 mths) so haven't really worried myself with dieting too much. I was on such high doses of drugs my obgyn was surprised I wasn't eating the fridge as well.
Anyway looking forward to reading the pros and cons. I think the nearest town for this surgery would be Rockhampton if anyone has any recommendations.

From big things little things grow! 697586 Just to explain my topic title, when I was on my ivf website, my journey title was "From little things, big things grow", so I thought well maybe from this big body, something small may grow From big things little things grow! 120705
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From big things little things grow!   From big things little things grow! Empty

Back to top Go down

From big things little things grow!
Page 1 of 1