AuthorMessage
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2008, 8:09 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a site that I have found and feel it could be benifical for slevers as myself just follow the link As we all should know this op was 1st preformed on stomach cancer patients, Of cause when it talks of eating as much as possible this is not recommended for us trying to lose weight.
http://www.gisurgeon.com.au/pdf/gastrectomyinfosheet.doc

this nexxt one is about younger patients having this type of surgery.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=27&ContentID=22920

For those who do not know The Dr that did my op made a pouch instead of a sleeve and I am having problems, with the shape ,I feel at this time, But I am trying to find any info on the shape I have and so far have found zilch. 1 dr has written back to me and said that That to get the shape that I was given ( stomach0 it means that I should have a bypass to eliminate the problems I am having. Great NOT :pale: That is not what I wanted in the begining , but wow if it stops me feeling this poo poo house I am concidering it. If any one finds anything that might be benifical to me please email me and send me the link hansdale@alwaysonline.net.au

give em a :lol!: plug 30gigs for $30.00 a month not bad. and while your saving $$$$ try engin.com.au for a voip phone $15.00 a month and free local and long distance calls mobiles 22 min not bad ..must have broadband to get a voip phone.

thanks everyone
Fadding Aaway
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
suziq1040

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2008, 7:51 am

Thanks everyone for your replies
Back to top Go down
purplehaze
purplehaze

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2008, 6:23 am

HI Suziq, also a no from me, I have asked about any pre op stuff and nothing mentioned and they went through the procedure with me.
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2008, 1:54 pm

hi suzi...thats a no from me also...i didnt have to take anything.
I did however for an endoscopy.....but that one explains itself...lol

Nicole
Back to top Go down
suziq1040

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 8:37 pm

Thanks guys...if none of you have had to befoer your ops then I neen not worry.....my other op wasn't associated with my bowel either.
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 11:28 am

Hi suziq1040,

I've never heard of anyone saying their surgeon required that before this surgery. Mine certainly didn't and I don't see why as they aren't operating on your bowel. The nursing staff certainly want to know after surgery if you have moved your bowels and will keep checking when they do their daily obs.
The only pre requisite they will have is that you fast so for minimum of 6 hours so that your stomach is empty.

steph
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 8:23 am

suziq1040 wrote:
Hi everyone

I need to know if you have to take any pre op medication to clear the bowel before surgery. Both my husband and I have had to take it for previous operations not associated with obesity but was wondering what was the go for the sleeve...I assume you would need to but my doctor didn't mention it and I hadn't thought about it when I saw him.

I am seeing my surgeon on Monday, if you like I could ask him (now I want to know too).
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 8:17 am

suzi,

i don't seem to recall anyone needing a squeaky clean bowel before this surgery. mine was no dirtier than usual lol.

i'm sure you'll have someone reply if their doctor wanted them to be 'flushed out' before their op.

otherwise, you can assume all bums are welcome, empty or not
Back to top Go down
suziq1040

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 7:35 am

Hi everyone

I need to know if you have to take any pre op medication to clear the bowel before surgery. Both my husband and I have had to take it for previous operations not associated with obesity but was wondering what was the go for the sleeve...I assume you would need to but my doctor didn't mention it and I hadn't thought about it when I saw him.
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2008, 11:06 am

Hi Flamenco Red,

Check out Hayley James thread in the introductions. It might answer your question about flying because she was operated on in Adelaide flying from Gold Coast and back again after surgery.

Good luck,
steph
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2008, 10:04 pm

Hi Flamenco-red and welcome to the forum
I live on the Central Coast and had my surgery at Kogarah. I had the sleeve and a hiatus hernia repair at the same time.
My doc chose to keep me in for an extra day, just to make sure everything was okay before I went home.
So I had my op on the Monday and drove home on the Friday. Well, I didn't drive, but we went in the car.
It was a tad uncomfortable, but not painful.
Not sure about flying so soon after surgery, though.
Chris
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2008, 2:22 pm

hi flamenco-red

welcome to this lovely site...a one stop shop for help, info and support for GSV.

i can't help with your sydney surgeon question, but i think i've got a handle on the tickers!

they were such fun to create!

when your ticker is done, copy everything that's in the bbCode box on your ticker page.

then come here, log in and hit the profile button at the top of each page.

then hit the signature tab (under profile tab)

paste the ticker info into the edit signature box

preview it to see how it looks then save

easy peasy! i would encourage you to read everything in the FAQ section/tab on the top of each page.
Hayley has a comprehensive list of how to do everything you might need, including signatures.

good luck!!! you're going to love it here!!!
Back to top Go down
flamenco-red
flamenco-red

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Travelling after surgery   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2008, 12:47 pm

Hi,

I'm a newbie, booked in to see Ken Woi in Sydney next Monday and then find a surgery date.

A question- I live in Canberra but will have surgery done in Sydney as there isn't an experienced sleeve surgeon here.

Has anyone had to travel after surgery? How long was it before you were able to travel? It's a 3 hour drive or a 45 minute flight.

And a second question- I've created one of those fabulous ticker factory weight charts but I can't get it to show up here- anyone got instructions?!?

Thanks,

flamenco-red
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2008, 11:42 am

i received a booklet from SJOG murdoch today. and they had a sweet little sentence about being able to keep on wedding rings!

ripper!
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Oct 2008, 12:58 pm

I asked if I had to take my rings off and they said no and put tape over them.

steph
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Oct 2008, 12:36 pm

thankyou kaili, new and nic for your responses.

i am SOOOOOOOOOO relieved to hear about the use of surgical tape.

i really did have visions of me at the fire station.

i will take your advice regarding the drip.

thankyou all again, i'm feeling so much better now...phew!
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Oct 2008, 4:55 am

Hi

Although you probably could tape your rings during surgery (they taped my diamond studs, cause hard to get out as well), I know my hand and arm got absolutely huge with fluid after surgery, so if you have to tape over your rings as there is no way to get them off other than cutting (and I am sure you don't really want to do that anyway and spoil them), make sure you get the drip in the other arm just in case you swell. :[img]http://sm
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 11:46 pm

kalgirl - My little sister broke her fingers a few years ago and I'm sure they cut her ring off in the hospital then gave it back to her.

From Nicole's response though, it looks like you may be fine. :)

I don't know about anyone else but my hands got really swollen from being on the drip in hospital. You may want to find out if anyone else had the same problem. Especially if you're saying the rings are already tight and sore. (I'm sorry this probably isn't helping!)

Kaili.
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 4:02 pm

kalgirl,
They just put surgical tape over them....i refused to take my wedding rings off and thats what my hospital did
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 2:41 pm

and where exactly will i find the ring-cutting-off shop?????? lol

i have visions of having to go to the fire station and have some spunky fireman use the hydraulic cutters or the jaws of life on me.

then dr ahmad can perform a gastric sleeve and finger reconstruction at the same time.

but seriously, where does one go to have rings cut off Kaili?

with the least amount of embarressment.

man, i feel like such a dill.
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 2:23 pm

kalgirl - Worse case scenario, you could have them cut off...
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: my rings won't come off!!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 1:10 pm

i'm hoping to have my surgeon set a date within the next month (november 08) and i have started on optifast now.

but...

my rings (2 on the one finger) won't come off. in fact, they have probably not been able to come off since i weighed about 85kg.

yes, they've been tight and sore for ages

i am absolutely petrified that i won't be able to have my surgery because of this.

what can be done? a bandaid over them (maybe duct tape) when i go into surgery?

should i just stay quiet til they get me in the gown and then say "oh yeah, forgot about them?"

i am DREADING being knocked back because i've let my fat little sausage finger grow around these rings.

please - any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 1:13 pm

hehee Shanna,
yes, your Jello= our Jelly.
Your Jelly= our Jam- that we spread on our toast. Yum.
LOL.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Jelly is Jello   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 1:03 pm

Never paid too much attention till now- couldn't understand the whole jelly thing- I thought that was like the preserves one spreads on fruit till someone mentioned gelatine. OHHHH- you mean no Jello - now I have got it - Another continental mistake averted.
Back to top Go down
jacquilove77

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 2:20 am

i didn't want anything constricting for a good while after the surgery - so underwire would have been a nono for me. i went for the softest and easiest stuff to get on and pull of that would irritate the wounds. i don't know if it was physical or psychological but just needed soft comfort all around me for at least a few days after being discharged.
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptySun 24 Aug 2008, 11:16 am

I didn't wear a bra while in hospital but was able to wear my normal underwire bra's when a left ..... no problems.

steph
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Aug 2008, 9:35 am

Thanks apple.

I was a bit confused about the whole thing.

I had to go into my back surgery completely naked (except for the gown) and stay that way for at least 3 days after so that kind of thing really doesn't bother me. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Questions Thread-Ask Here!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next