AuthorMessage
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2008, 8:09 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a site that I have found and feel it could be benifical for slevers as myself just follow the link As we all should know this op was 1st preformed on stomach cancer patients, Of cause when it talks of eating as much as possible this is not recommended for us trying to lose weight.
http://www.gisurgeon.com.au/pdf/gastrectomyinfosheet.doc

this nexxt one is about younger patients having this type of surgery.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=27&ContentID=22920

For those who do not know The Dr that did my op made a pouch instead of a sleeve and I am having problems, with the shape ,I feel at this time, But I am trying to find any info on the shape I have and so far have found zilch. 1 dr has written back to me and said that That to get the shape that I was given ( stomach0 it means that I should have a bypass to eliminate the problems I am having. Great NOT :pale: That is not what I wanted in the begining , but wow if it stops me feeling this poo poo house I am concidering it. If any one finds anything that might be benifical to me please email me and send me the link hansdale@alwaysonline.net.au

give em a :lol!: plug 30gigs for $30.00 a month not bad. and while your saving $$$$ try engin.com.au for a voip phone $15.00 a month and free local and long distance calls mobiles 22 min not bad ..must have broadband to get a voip phone.

thanks everyone
Fadding Aaway
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1344

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Jun 2008, 2:59 am

Hi Fadding Away,

I bought of those fat holder thingies from Target a while back and even the largest size doesn't fit :oops: so eventually I know it will.

I think the swap your clothes idea sounds great though.

steph
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2008, 10:02 pm

Hi guys
Oldfart - I think you can get pjs in large sizes at Lowes, if you have them where you are.
Jezzy - that fat holder inner thingy sounds interesting! LOL
Chris
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2008, 6:30 pm

hi
I wore pj's the waist band didn't worry me as I thought it would , so that was good. Yes you can get mens night shirts mostly on line ,google it and you will be suprised , you could always get Chris to run you a couple up :lol!: just joking.I never admit that I swe cause I find everone would like this or that altered :lol!:
I have only just gave away my 22's 20's and some 18's maybe we could start a swap ya clothes thing so we all don't waist money on short lived sizes. I still have some 18's that don't fit and even some 16's that will be falling down soon.jumpers, jeans , tops . winther pj's,
There is no one close to give them too so ...just a thought
I refuse to buy new size 14's when I know that I won't be in that size long,none at Vinnies, must be an anerage size :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: I am never wearing trackie daks again,so me the jeans please :lol!: I did buy some lovely size 10 out fits at the end of summer sale :o :lol: just can't wait .
I look in the mirror of a morning and say" hello who are you , you sexy thing you ":lol!:
I have brought a body elastic fat holder innner, goes from the knees to the shoulders with straps over shoulders so no roll down, only $13 on ebay new and wow 3cms it took off my waist,I wonder if I wore 2 if it ould take off 6 cms? :lol!: kidding.I figure that it willl be my new best friend till I get right down and have that tummy tuck(radical abdominoplasty) scary name hey!
Fadding Away
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

Male
Number of posts : 212

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2008, 5:25 pm

I had not got this far ahead as I wont even have a op date till I get APRA approval I can't go ahead though I should know that by the 26th June.
Anyway I was wondering if any of the guys took PJ's or just used the hospital gowns/jamz or what.... do Target sell 7XL jamz, can you actually get men's nights or were they just for Laurel and Hardy movies? as I have not purchased / given / owned or even looked for any sleepwear since I was a pre-teen. I might get some slippers though eh! I might even lash out and take a new disposable Bic razor a cake of solvol and a gargles worth of the old listerine ........ but I dont think I want to be clothed only in a thin plastic tube!!! 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
xena-warriorprincess
xena-warriorprincess

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2008, 10:28 am

Thanks Jezzy. Peter Alexander PJ's sound nice, I love his stuff. I'll have to have a good look around for something modest and comfy in a nighty... I am hearing ya about hiding the legs... I am also paranoid about my arms. I am SO looking forward to no hiding in my clothes anymore. I never thought I'd be game to say that out loud let alone on the WWW but I know there are others who can relate to that.

Love this forum! :D
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2008, 10:23 am

Hey Xena!
I was unsure about pjs with tubes, drains, etc. as well, so I decided on nighties, even though I usually avoid them due to hideous legs :)
I did manage to get some cute ones from Peter Alexander which just arrived in the post, and they're a pretty decent length (just above the knee). Jane Lamerton at Myer have some nice ones too, which are also nice and long. Keep in mind I'm 178cm tall, so a decent length on me should be adequate for most people.
Now I just need some slippers. I figure I can treat myself with hospital stuff, as I'll only be buying cheap clothes while I'm shrinking :)
Another consideration re: pyjama pants is that your middle might be a bit tender, and you might not want the pressure of a waistband? But see what the post-op ladies and gents think.
Back to top Go down
xena-warriorprincess
xena-warriorprincess

Female
Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2008, 10:12 am

Hello again! Another question, this time it's entirely fashion related... a girl has to have some fashion moments even if she is in Hospital. My question is Pyjamas or more importantly, what type of PJ's do I want for Hospital. I want to buy myself a new set for when I am in there but don't know which kind. Just thinking with IV's and Drains it could be a little tricky. I'm pretty modest so if I could get away with a top and bottom type thing that'd be great. I saw a cool pair yesterday with a jet skiing monkey - sounds gross but they were pretty cool.

Looking forward to hearing from my fellow sleevers.

Regards,

Xena
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptySun 08 Jun 2008, 9:32 am

Thanks steph I will try that.

Nicole :D
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptySat 07 Jun 2008, 11:59 am

Hi Nicole,

Click on "actions" top right and then "view posts since last visit".

steph
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptySat 07 Jun 2008, 11:45 am

The degas tablets are not so much tablets but like kiddie vitiamins liquid in a gel capsual. My surgeon said they where fine, but I never needed them at all. My problem was nausea but that was because I have MS and my balance was upset with the anasetic rather than the surgery itself. The reason I mentioned that is because it had me sitting upright within 2 hours of surgery and I think they helped a lot with me not getting traped gas pains. I was terrifed of these as I suffered badly from it in a previous surgery. So it even proves you can have had it before and not get it again.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptySat 07 Jun 2008, 10:52 am

Hi everyone,
Just reading your posts on the gas subject...lol. Can you take tablets alright while on the fluid only diet. I have been told by someone else about the shoulder pain..weird huh.
Jezzy my op is the 27th june...just a week after you.

Thanks hayley for this great site. I sthere somewhere that i can view all the new messages posted or do i have to go to each section???? sorry i have never used this type of forum only yahoo...

Thanks
nicole
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyFri 06 Jun 2008, 4:51 pm

Thanks guys! My mind is set at ease. On less thing to stress about... 2 weeks to go!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyFri 06 Jun 2008, 9:11 am

Wow Fadding,

I'm still hungry between meals, lol. Its not fun going through the surgery and still being hungry...
Wish there was a cure!
Hayley
Back to top Go down
Dee
Dee

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyFri 06 Jun 2008, 8:06 am

Hi
I had the VSG about 9 months ago and haven't lost any more weight for the last 6 weeks. Mind you I haven't been very good either. I can fit heaps more food in than I could at the beginning and really haven't been watching what I eat. I am confident I could lose more if I try harder, but am happy where I am now too. I have been told to increase your carbs if you want to stop losing weight. Dee
Back to top Go down
Karin

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyFri 06 Jun 2008, 7:13 am

I have a couple of forum friends from another site who are both VSGer's and lost all their excess weight and both are eating pure crap and are 6 - 8 kgs under ideal body weight. One girl is struggling to try and stop losing and is getting awful comments from her friends so it seems sometimes we can't win either way.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 8:03 pm

Hi Jezzy
When Dr does op laproscopicly he blows up your belly/abdomin with gas so he can see in there. When he closes you up there is no where for the gas to go but out the pours of your skin and this can take up to 3 weeks with out any help.It goes up into your shoulders and that pain I feel is worse than the sleeve 10 fold.
I used antigas tabs I was in agony and no one could tell me why. I was using hot packs with no relief and by day 5 I went to chemist and he suggested these tablets called antigas they work a wonder I must say stay out doors but wow the relief is just what is needed by days 6 I had no pain in my shoulders and if I had of had them in the 1st few days after op I am sure this would of not been a problem.

as for food ,well you just don't get hungry when I eat I stay full for ages and of cause have to force in water and make sure I stop drinking 1/2 hr before I want to eat , but I am getting use to watching the clock before meals
Fadding Away
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 7:45 pm

Hi
I really don't think that it would be an issue .In a bypass it is different because there is lack of absorption in the weight loss factor but with a tube there is no lack of absorbtion so instead of eating less than 1000 cals a day one would have to eat 1100 or 1200 to maintain their goal weight
I hope this has answered your question .

I still have to convience my local GP..but she did not want me to do this anyway ,she said she has bigger patients than me and thought that I should just keep dieting and dieting and it not working..lol
Fadding Away
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 1:37 pm

Hi Jezzy,

I think I will make a little section for what to take to hospital, its a great idea.
Alot of banders and sleevers find that de-gas helps with the gas pain, in that I mean the gas they use to inflate your mid section for the procedure. The gas gets caught in your body cavity, and the pain can last quite a few days, mind you it's more like discomfort than pain and this can make you feel bloated, kinda like a blow fish...
I didnt use de-gas, so I cant say that it will help, but I do know that alot of others swear by it. Also peppermint tea helps to ease a sore tummy..and I know that works, I've tried it. I personally think that red cordial helps faster and relieves tummy pain for longer. I used that for a few days too.
On the eating thing, you are supposed to eat 3 entree sized meals a day, and up to 2 low fat snacks between meals. I have found this tricky as I used to only eat 1 huge meal at night, and I am getting to know what its like to eat decent meals at decent times...
Its taking time, but I'm getting there!! I hope that helps answer ya!!

Hayley
:D
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female

PostSubject: Pre-surgery questions...   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 1:00 pm

Hey guys,
I know you need less food to feel full with the sleeve, but do you also stay full for longer than you used to? I've been told you can eat 'an entree-sized portion', but do you eat that quantity 3 times a day, or do you get hungry again sooner?
I'm also grateful for the suggestions that have been made as to what to take with you to hospital... I've never been in before , and I wouldn't have thought of stuff like a sleep mask and perfume, but they're great ideas! If anyone has any more suggestions, please let me know.
And while I'm a little afraid to ask... there's been a lot of mention of anti-gas tablets... is that a side-effect of the lap sleeve my doctor didn't warn me about, or just an initial thing? I know the bypass operation can result in some horrific side effects in that department, so I'm hoping this is something that settles down... :shock:
Ta!
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 12:44 pm

But if you are exercising regularly and your food intake is still small wouldn't you just keep losing continuously?

Sounds silly, I've never had to worry about the possibility of losing too much weight.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 12:28 pm

Not a silly question at all. I am yet to find somebody who couldn't stop losing weight. In fact just about everybody has to work at that last 10kg just as hard as anybody else out there to get it off. As your body gets smaller it requires less fuel, as in food to maintain its size so once the intake equeals the output the weight loss stops. Say during a pregnancy you would just do something as simple as have an upngo or sustegen drink for morning and afternoon tea in the last trimester and whilst breastfeeding. That would be all the added calories your body would need at the very most.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Can you lose too much?   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Jun 2008, 12:04 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering, what happens if and when you reach your goal weight? Can you lose too much?

This isn't something I thought to ask at my appointment so hope it's not a silly question. :oops:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2008, 12:31 pm

Hi Steph,

It sounds a bit like you have been misinformed when it comes to recovery time for the sleeve. You have to allow time for your body to heal, the recovery time is the same as for a hysterectomy...
It's painful, and the worst thing you can do for yourself is to put yourself under pressure to get back to work sooner than you can cope with. You are not even supposed to lift anything heavier than a phone book for 6 weeks. Sorry luvvy, I dont mean to rain on your parade, just be well prepared for it, on the other hand, you may be bouncing off the walls!! Better prepared than not, I always say!
Cheers,
Hayley
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2008, 11:33 am

Wow, thanks Faddingaway for adding that site but now I have gone from being on top of the world to absolutely terrified. And the healing time and return to work time are way more than i can afford. I will be back to work after 13 days not 6 weeks.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

PostSubject: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2008, 8:09 am

This is a site that I have found and feel it could be benifical for slevers as myself just follow the link As we all should know this op was 1st preformed on stomach cancer patients, Of cause when it talks of eating as much as possible this is not recommended for us trying to lose weight.
http://www.gisurgeon.com.au/pdf/gastrectomyinfosheet.doc

this nexxt one is about younger patients having this type of surgery.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=27&ContentID=22920

For those who do not know The Dr that did my op made a pouch instead of a sleeve and I am having problems, with the shape ,I feel at this time, But I am trying to find any info on the shape I have and so far have found zilch. 1 dr has written back to me and said that That to get the shape that I was given ( stomach0 it means that I should have a bypass to eliminate the problems I am having. Great NOT :pale: That is not what I wanted in the begining , but wow if it stops me feeling this poo poo house I am concidering it. If any one finds anything that might be benifical to me please email me and send me the link hansdale@alwaysonline.net.au

give em a :lol!: plug 30gigs for $30.00 a month not bad. and while your saving $$$$ try engin.com.au for a voip phone $15.00 a month and free local and long distance calls mobiles 22 min not bad ..must have broadband to get a voip phone.

thanks everyone
Fadding Aaway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread-Ask Here!   The Questions Thread-Ask Here! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Questions Thread-Ask Here!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6