3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShannyPee
ShannyPee

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-07-01

GP won't tick "life threatening".. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GP won't tick "life threatening"..   GP won't tick "life threatening".. EmptyWed 02 Aug 2017, 1:22 am

Just an update --

So I went to the "family GP" - not mine, but the one I send the kids to etc - and I asked if she would sign for me..

Her mindset was "Well the surgeon has ok'd it, so why would I go against that" and she signed it!!

YAYYY!!!

So online application completed and all docs uploaded...

Now we wait....

One more step down the road.... So excited...  GP won't tick "life threatening".. 63412
Back to top Go down
ShannyPee
ShannyPee

Female

PostSubject: Re: GP won't tick "life threatening"..   GP won't tick "life threatening".. EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017, 2:34 am

Thanks guys...

It's a long story, but I know she won't tick the box as I don't HAVE any comobitities, but am PRE a few! 

I also only moved to this area a few years ago, and she feels she's "not my GP".. GP won't tick "life threatening".. 697586    However I can't go back to my old one as he's getting cancer treatment atm..

Although she has my files, she feels she "doesn't really know me too well" -- and this was all stated just when I was asking her for the referral.. I got a lot of eye rolling and terse face pulling over her glasses... It was difficult and uncomfortable..  When I tried to discuss all the issues as to why I wanted the surgery, she seemed just in a hurry to get me out of her office.. 

Her little size 6 body just wouldn't understand anyhow... *sigh*

Yes, I think I'll have to look at finance for the difference after PHI.. Although things are already strapped atm.. This is why I was really wanting to access my super!

I can't give up though.. I'm sick of missing out on living life... 

Apparently I read I will need a form from the GP as WELL as the surgeon...?

I'm seeing him in a few hours (the surgeon) so will ask him further then...

Thanks guys for the support xx
Back to top Go down
Groovy
Groovy

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: GP won't tick "life threatening"..   GP won't tick "life threatening".. EmptySun 30 Jul 2017, 11:24 pm

Keep going until you find someone who will. Some doctors are just ignorant and judgey about weight loss surgery - mine told me not to get it done because I'd turn into an alcoholic. *Rolls eyes*.
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: GP won't tick "life threatening"..   GP won't tick "life threatening".. EmptySun 30 Jul 2017, 1:00 pm

I paid for mine myself, wasn't worth trying to access my super at the time.

But... How do you know your Doctor wont tick the right box?
and some people get them filled out by there surgeon.  have you asked there office?

good luck
Back to top Go down
ShannyPee
ShannyPee

Female

PostSubject: GP won't tick "life threatening"..   GP won't tick "life threatening".. EmptyFri 28 Jul 2017, 10:18 am

Hey all..

Feeling quite deflated  --

After reading the stories of potentially a long wait for super release, I decided to start the process of getting things organised to access Super, and have my surgeons appointment on Monday..

Long story short, I know my GP won't be up for ticking the "life threatening" box.. :(  Does this mean it's over before it has began? Do I even bother going through the paperwork process if this is a definite of not getting approved?

Has anyone been here before....

Thanks in advance guys..  xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GP won't tick "life threatening"..   GP won't tick "life threatening".. Empty

Back to top Go down

GP won't tick "life threatening"..
Page 1 of 1