AuthorMessage
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

Accessing Super - GP just ticked the "Life threatening" box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing Super - GP just ticked the "Life threatening" box   Accessing Super - GP just ticked the "Life threatening" box EmptyMon 19 May 2014, 11:01 pm

Hiya, My GP is incredibly supportive and will complete the form for me, I showed it to him last visit and he pretty much said thats what he will do, tick the life threatening illness box and write morbid obesity as the illness. Would be interesting to hear what others have had on their forms.
Back to top Go down
Meek72

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-05-19

Accessing Super - GP just ticked the "Life threatening" box Empty
PostSubject: Accessing Super - GP just ticked the "Life threatening" box   Accessing Super - GP just ticked the "Life threatening" box EmptyMon 19 May 2014, 10:44 pm

Hi All,

I am considering accessing my super to pay for a gastric sleeve - I don't visit the GP regularly as I basically have no faith in doctors after every conversation I have ever had with them ends with a reference to my weight being the major factor in everything (even when the medical problem I have is the same one that "skinny" people get).

We moved house 2 years ago, and the doctor/clinic I had been seeing for 12 years is 40mins away. I have had about 4 visits to the GP in 2 years for some minor issues (ie: sore throat, back pain) and I went to a new clinic near home to get my referral to the surgeon (my plan was to move our care to this clinic - but the GP who provided me the referral was soooo disengaged I wouldn't trust him with my childrens care).

To get to the point, my regular GP obviously disagree's with WLS and was quite rude when I asked him to complete the form - he asked why I expected him to do it - and as I explained - he has my medical history and all the things he had put down to weight over the years - reluctantly he agreed to complete the form - but he only ticked the "Life threatening illness block" and wrote "Morbid obesity". He did not include reference to any other weight related issues (and I have to say for a person who weighs 147kg I am bloody healthy) - such as my scoliosis.

I will be including a report from X-rays saying that I have scoliosis mid - severe however its 12 years old

I know the surgeon will be more supportive - and will I will send her the x-ray report - is the GP's form likely to cause my application to be rejected?

Thanks
Back to top Go down

Accessing Super - GP just ticked the "Life threatening" box
Page 1 of 1