AuthorMessage
Zarah09

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-02-14

Health cover  Empty
PostSubject: Health cover    Health cover  EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017, 2:04 am

Hello there
I have had the gastric banding now for approx 10 years. Started at 136kg went down to 80kg. I had a baby well not so baby now she is 7 and I am now back up to approx 105kg. I have had to get another op as my band had turned and it has happened again . I am sick of the vomitting being uncomfortable with food getting stuck ALTHOUGH I don't have any liquid in my band it still acts as if there is but my weight loss hasn't progressed. I don't eat much at all can't eat apples well most fruit besides watermelon son days salad if it's a good day. Defeats the purpose when you can't eat much and especially not the healthy foods I'm craving . Anyway I want to get the sleeve done and try that option but I no longer have private health cover . I am 35 and would be starting from scratch again. I've been searching the net but to no avail I'm so confused about what to choose who to chose not only that I am a single parent working part time so I need well hoping for a good rate or this won't be possible. If anyone can recommend a health fund they have used (it will be only myself getting cover ) that is reasonable priced yet covers all you need for the sleeve operation id love to hear of the costs involved. Also is there a cover where you do not need to wait 12 months before getting the surgery or is It a standard waiting period for all? 

Thanks in advance Christie 

Sorry if it is a repeated question I am brand new to the site and still working on navigating. Hope to hear 
from you all soon  Health cover  65317
Back to top Go down
Gollie

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2015-03-10

Health cover  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health cover    Health cover  EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017, 5:32 pm

Hi Zarah, welcome. I'm personally with HBF and haven't been able to fault them since I got coverage. I'm a big fan of members-funds, they seem to cover more as standard. They covered the hospital fees for my sleeve and I was out of pocket $4000 to be sleeved privately with Dr Yong in Joondalup, WA. My current hospital cover is about $50 a fortnight, but it's definitely not the cheapest option. Mine includes extras cover and it's for a private room. Though I did take out PHI before I turned 30, so there may be the extra loading for you since you're over 30.

Unfortunately from what I understand, all PHI will make you wait the 12-month waiting period as the sleeve would be for a 'pre-existing' condition. There aren't many operations they'd waive it for.
Back to top Go down
xxALLYxx9

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-11-08

Health cover  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health cover    Health cover  EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017, 10:12 am

Hi Zarah, also reasonably new here! I've just (in the past hour) joined a health fund as finding an affordable one (single Mum of 2 also working part time) has been my problem too. I've joined peoplecare and it will be $39.xx a fortnight for just me with just mid hospital cover with a $500 excess. I called yesterday to confirm the sleeve is covered. There will still be out of pocket for the gap fee but I'll most likely be using my super for that and from what I can find, the amount varies depending on the surgeon. Hope I've helped!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Health cover  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health cover    Health cover  Empty

Back to top Go down

Health cover
Page 1 of 1