8 posters
AuthorMessage
ScaredButDetermined
ScaredButDetermined

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-05-12

Early release of uper with no Centrelink account Empty
PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptyWed 18 May 2016, 8:15 pm

Thank you for replying. I do have a CRN as I previously accessed Centrelink, however have not needed to access it for some years now. I am just so confused at all the conflicting information. My surgery has already been scheduled, and whilst I understand it can be rescheduled, I have been doing all I can towards this.
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptyWed 18 May 2016, 2:27 pm

I don't know all the info re applying, but I am sure someone will answer that, but I do know that even if you are not currently a Centrelink client they HAVE to give to OK before the super fund can release funds to you.

Hopefully someone else can tell you how to apply without a client number, I know I have read it on here somewhere so if you read some of the posts on this thread you might find the answer.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
ScaredButDetermined
ScaredButDetermined

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-05-12

PostSubject: Please Help!!   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptyWed 18 May 2016, 9:28 am

Hello, I hope someone can help me regarding this.
I too am applying for Early Release of Super. A friend printed me out the forms for the Surgeon and GP to complete. These have been completed and I have applicable quotes etc.
I need to complete an application form and submit them.
I am unable to complete an application form on the MyGov website, as the option is not available to me. I called Centrelink to ask if there was another way I could access the application form, as with my work roster and being approx. 40 mins away from the local Centrelink Office, I am having difficulty in being able to go to Centrelink in person.
The lass I spoke to on the helpdesk told me I am not applicable for this Early Release for Super, as I do not currently receive any payments. She was quite rude to me, and informed me that I would have to organise another option through my Superannuation company.
I contacted the Super company and was (kindly) informed that I needed to apply through Dept of Human Services.
This does not seem right. From what I have read, I AM applicable. Can someone please help me. I am absolutely gutted at present. I understand there is a lot of paperwork etc to complete, but this is ridiculous.
I really need this surgery and have been working hard towards it. For someone to wipe you out in one fell swoop is devastating to say the least.
I apologise for my long spiel, however I hope someone can help. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Clarebear
Clarebear

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2015-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015, 11:57 am

So finally the forms have been submitted and the waiting game begins.
I had to set up a my gov account online and also request a centre link number as I've never recieved payments.
Then I had to go into centrelink and show my ID and they gave me a linking code on the spot. I was then able to link my centre link number into my gov and it then it worked straight away

Thanks for all the advice
Back to top Go down
Clarebear
Clarebear

Female

PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptySun 18 Oct 2015, 10:20 am

Ahhhh that explains why I can't find personal details, thanks , I'll call them tomorrow
Back to top Go down
plp
plp

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptySun 18 Oct 2015, 9:30 am

Hi Clarebear,

I applied online successfully in August and had the same problem when I started the process.

The "personal details" menu which is where you actually launch and submit your claim was missing from my menu.  I called the hotline a few times and got no good answers.  I eventually spoke to someone who said it was because I didn't have the right level of "access" a I was new to Centrelink and didn't get any payments from them.

So, I went into a centrelink office with my ID and asked them to sight my ID for "early release of super" purposes.  Not to discourage you but I ended up having to do this 3 times before they got it right!  Long story short, once my ID was ok they gave me the right level of access and I could finally see the "personal details" menu!!!!

So, hang in there because once i submitted it, i had a response within a few weeks and payment into my account super quickly.

plp
Back to top Go down
KatyOverWeighty
KatyOverWeighty

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2015-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptySun 18 Oct 2015, 6:51 am

Oh sorry - misunderstood. I just attempted to log-in to mine to get a screenshot so we could make sure we are looking at the same page but apparently it's temporarily unavailable... Eh

I suggest calling the number I listed below and make them stay in the phone and walk you to it. I had to and I was in a REALLY bad mood at the time. 

Do you sign into MyGov then click through to Centrelink or do you sign directly into Centrelink? If you sign into MyGov first, have you got Centrelink linked as a service (at the bottom along side Medicare, ATO etc)

Not trying to frustrate, just trying to help :)
Back to top Go down
Clarebear
Clarebear

Female

PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptySat 17 Oct 2015, 9:42 pm

Thanks for the help, the problem seems to be that when I log in and go to the menu button, there is nothing that says personal details ???? That's why I'm going round in circles .
Back to top Go down
KatyOverWeighty
KatyOverWeighty

Female

PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptySat 17 Oct 2015, 1:43 pm

I know.. It was a pain in my ass too. I had to call them!

Log in to My Gov and click Centrelink (or just log into Centrelink) hit the menu button on the left and go to Personal Details...

I know... What the hell!!!

Ps it took me over a month to get an answer from Centrelink (with many phone calls from me to hurry them up they finally assessed my application while I was on the phone!) then once approved you have to get docs done by a JP and submit an application to ur super with the letter from Centrelink. It then took them a week to pay me.
Back to top Go down
Clarebear
Clarebear

Female

PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptySat 17 Oct 2015, 12:23 pm

Hi guys, I'm booked for the sleeve next month but also need to apply through super. I have found the button that creates a CRN (don't claim any benefits) and log on, however can't work out how to submit the on line application. I have all the documents ready but it's frustrating going around in circles.
According to google I have to go into access my personal details from the home page ? No such function appears. Any ideas ??
Back to top Go down
KatyOverWeighty
KatyOverWeighty

Female

PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptyMon 12 Oct 2015, 3:36 am

I know where you are coming from.. 'Human Resources' they like to call it, yet actually talking to a human is impossible. 

Centrelink have a dedicated team for Super Claims, it took me ages to find the number: 1300 131 060

Just a note - do some research on whether there is a surgeon near you that will do the surgery without PHI... a lot of them won't take you without it in case of complications it can as much as quadruple the cost and the assumption is most self-funded patients wouldn't have that much. Hence why I am waiting for my PHI to mature in April!
Back to top Go down
DeeBee

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptySun 11 Oct 2015, 2:42 pm

I had mine paid out in July - but I did it all via hard copy as I was in the same situation and it was so much easier.
Back to top Go down
Neet

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptyFri 28 Aug 2015, 10:02 am

Hi, I've just had exactly the same problem!! Im ready to throw the laptop out the window!

In the top right hand corner of the gov website is a register button... you then get the option to select "I don't have a CRN number".

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
pixiesmum
pixiesmum

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-05-24

PostSubject: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account EmptyMon 13 Jul 2015, 6:30 am

Hi,

Is there anyone out there that has come up with this yet and can help?

I have no PHI and, at this time, claim no benefits from Centrelink but to submit the application for early release of super we need to have an account with them to generate a CRN.

I have a myGov account and this asks you to enter a CRN, if you contact Centrelink for a linking number that you enter online they need a CRN to give you that. I have been on hold with Human resources for over an hour now trying to get this sorted with no luck so far.

At the moment I seem to be going around in circles and getting very frustrated!!!Early release of uper with no Centrelink account 68366

I am the main income earner for my family and my partners income is sporadic to say the least, like most of the population once mortgage and everything else paid we have very little, if anything, left over. As I earn too much to claim benefits, which I would prefer not to do anyway, it looks like I might not be able to access my super either! smack

If anyone has any advice I would welcome it and if I manage to sort this mess I will post the solution.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early release of uper with no Centrelink account   Early release of uper with no Centrelink account Empty

Back to top Go down

Early release of uper with no Centrelink account
Page 1 of 1