4 posters
AuthorMessage
Magickal1
Magickal1

Female
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Are sleeve gastric band safe... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are sleeve gastric band safe...   Are sleeve gastric band safe... EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

Hi JPD,

I seemed to remember you mentioning you were having surgery around this date - I can see it's passed already. I hope everything went well don't forget to update us! All the best
Back to top Go down
Magickal1
Magickal1

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are sleeve gastric band safe...   Are sleeve gastric band safe... EmptyThu 07 Jun 2012, 1:51 pm

wow not long to go then ...how exciting! :)

Best of luck on the opti diet! If you like dirt flavour chocs okies otherwise i found strawberry the best another thing i found easier to get it down was to blend it with ice and make it like a flappe

best of luck and let us know how it goes.

there is also a sleeves monthly tread where you can talk to others getting it done this month too and talk to them and share your experience, ask questions etc.
Back to top Go down
JPD56

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Are sleeve gastric band safe...   Are sleeve gastric band safe... EmptyThu 07 Jun 2012, 12:56 pm

Magickal1 wrote:
Hi JPD56

Welcome to the Forum as the others have said it's about 6-8 weeks depending on how your body takes to the proceedure. I'm 8 weeks out now and just starting onto solids where as after meeting up with the lady who had the surgery before me on the same day a week ago she had already been on solids for 2wks. you should receive a booklet from your Dr outlining the general food patterns to stick to. i.e liquids, mush/puree, soft solids then solids. Alternatively there is a pre and post op page here you can check out that will help also. Can't help with the band sorry but you should find most info on the sleeve here :)
Thanks for your advice, i will be in touch after op on 27 june....luv JPD56
Back to top Go down
Magickal1
Magickal1

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are sleeve gastric band safe...   Are sleeve gastric band safe... EmptyThu 07 Jun 2012, 11:50 am

Hi JPD56

Welcome to the Forum as the others have said it's about 6-8 weeks depending on how your body takes to the proceedure. I'm 8 weeks out now and just starting onto solids where as after meeting up with the lady who had the surgery before me on the same day a week ago she had already been on solids for 2wks. you should receive a booklet from your Dr outlining the general food patterns to stick to. i.e liquids, mush/puree, soft solids then solids. Alternatively there is a pre and post op page here you can check out that will help also. Can't help with the band sorry but you should find most info on the sleeve here :)
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Are sleeve gastric band safe...   Are sleeve gastric band safe... EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 12:03 pm

Hi JPD56 and welcome. As LMC says if you're having the band it's usually back to a main menu in about 8 weeks or so. It depends on your surgeon and what his post op menu plan is. I was back eating a regular menu after 9 weeks. Although there is still lots of things I don't eat but that is mainly my choice.

You can feel sick at times if you eat too fast or don't chew your food well enough. Everyone experiences different foods that don't agree with them. For me at just over 9 months out I still can't eat anything oily, pasta or bread. They just don't sit well and make me feel yuck. But it doesn't worry me at all. I don't miss them.

When is your surgery date and are you having the sleeve or the band?
Good luck with everything.

Kate
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Are sleeve gastric band safe...   Are sleeve gastric band safe... EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 10:33 am

Welcome..

But, not sure I understand your question.

Are you having a sleeve, or a band?

If you are having a sleeve, you should be able to eat solids within 6-8 weeks of having it done.
Back to top Go down
JPD56

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-06-05

PostSubject: Are sleeve gastric band safe...   Are sleeve gastric band safe... EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 10:30 am

I will be having a sleeve soon, but when will u be able 2 eat solids etc do u feel sick and what do u eat after the first few months xxxxxx....Thanks....Are sleeve gastric band safe... 68366

Last edited by JPD56 on Tue 05 Jun 2012, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are sleeve gastric band safe...   Are sleeve gastric band safe... Empty

Back to top Go down

Are sleeve gastric band safe...
Page 1 of 1