Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve! Anyone else out there?

Go down 
+2
glenmaree
jemster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kell_1980
kell_1980

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve!  Anyone else out there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve! Anyone else out there?   Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve!  Anyone else out there? EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 10:52 pm

I had my band fitted May 2010 and removed Sept 2012. I did loose weight about half my excess weight with lap band. But like you after 1 year I stopped loosing weight. I'm having the sleeve done in 7 days, will let you know how it goes. Good luck :)
Kell xxx
Back to top Go down
Helzbelz
Helzbelz

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve! Anyone else out there?   Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve!  Anyone else out there? EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 12:37 pm

I was lucky and had band removed and sleeve done in one surgery and can honestly say it is the best thing I ever did I am now 24kg lighter and 8 kg lighter then I ever was with my band
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve! Anyone else out there?   Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve!  Anyone else out there? EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 9:17 am

Thanks Sally
Btgirl x
Back to top Go down
sallyp64

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve! Anyone else out there?   Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve!  Anyone else out there? EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 9:01 am

Hi,

I had my band out last Thursday, recovering well, I was supposed to be sleeved in the same procedure but there ws too much scar tissue for him to do it safely, I see surgeon on Monday to get my sleeeve date should be around end May/Beg June as they like to wait up to 3 months for everything to go back to normal, I'm still not eating a great deal certainly not a "normal" size meal, jusrt concentrating on protein and liquids for the time being, not too concerned about weight loss/gain at the moment but will try not to put on more than 5 kgs if I can.

BT Girl, hope all goes well for you tomorrow and see you on the other side!
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve! Anyone else out there?   Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve!  Anyone else out there? EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 1:06 am

Hi Jemster, welcome aboard. I am having my band removed tomorrow and am also waiting to hear how much damage the band may have done and if I can then follow up with sleeving on bypass.
I will post on Friday evening and
Et you know how it went. I am hoping I only have to wait 3 months for the follow up surgery.
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve! Anyone else out there?   Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve!  Anyone else out there? EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 9:37 pm

Hi
There are lots of ex bandits on this site so I am sure they will respond. Welcome to the group. Lots of support and info on here.
G
Back to top Go down
jemster

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-03-05

PostSubject: Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve! Anyone else out there?   Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve!  Anyone else out there? EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 1:45 pm

I will be having my lapband (fitted 2006) removed next week, and will then begin 6 months of preparing for follow up surgery for sleeve around September. The lap band was very effective in the first 12 months or so, however weight crept back , and the extra kilos could not be done away with. Unfortunately weight is now back to that of before lap band surgery. I am somewhat concerned about the sleeve surgery, but my goal is to get to a much healthier situation than I am right now. The next 6 months will be tough to stop from gaining exra weight, but I have a new gym membership to encourage me, a good dietician, and oodles of support from my family.

I would really love to hear from anyone else who has made the change from lapband to sleeve, and what their journey was like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve! Anyone else out there?   Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve!  Anyone else out there? Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve! Anyone else out there?
Page 1 of 1