2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jewels (jahwilyah)
Jewels (jahwilyah)

Female
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2012-03-15

Wound Infection, anyone else? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wound Infection, anyone else?   Wound Infection, anyone else? EmptyTue 29 May 2012, 9:14 am

Hi Tictacs I am day 12 post op and got an infection in my stomach drainage wound. They say it is celulitis. The wound is still open and on friday ( four days ago) it started releasing pus, which is bloody. The actual inflammation in the skin has gone down a lot so I think everything is responding well to the antibiotics but the pus is as thick and bloody as its ever been and now its tuesday.
I think, because the inflammation has gone down so much, that the antibiotics are working. I have been given a second course to take. The doctor told me, that because of my weight, my circulation to the skin is not as efficient and so thats why a second course is needed.
I am making sure I take them as close to on time as possible and not missing any doses.
We can keep each other company as we heal if you would like xx
Dont be afraid, these are just temporary setbacks. We are on our way :))
Jewels
Back to top Go down
tictacs30

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Wound Infection, anyone else? Empty
PostSubject: Wound Infection, anyone else?   Wound Infection, anyone else? EmptyMon 14 May 2012, 9:54 am

Hey Everyone!

So I am new to this board and 9 days post VSG surgery.

Everything is going ok. I seem to be able to get in a reasonable amount of liquid at the moment and swallowing has stopped being so difficult. I am in a little bit of pain in my stomach, it still feels like I have done 300 situps. I also am having some bowel problems and feel bloated.

However my post today is about wound infections. The point in my belly button has become infected. I have done everything I was told too, taken my antibiotics religiously, however it is looking quite dire there. I have gone back to my regular GP and they are treating it with more anti-biotics, daily debridement and saline washes.

Did anyone else go through this? Is it all as scary as it seems? Do you know how long wounds like this take to heal?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down

Wound Infection, anyone else?
Page 1 of 1