5 posters
AuthorMessage
beccyboo78
beccyboo78

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Flu & chest infection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flu & chest infection.   Flu & chest infection. EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 9:12 am

I have had the flu injection the last 2 years and never had a negative reaction to it.
Back to top Go down
SOS

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Flu & chest infection.   Flu & chest infection. EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011, 9:17 am

Wow - what a bug - lower back pain from all the coughing to get muck up, 2nd variety of antibiotics and actually got out of bed & dressed today!
Glad to see its just me & not sleeve/immune deficiency related. I might just have to relent & have the flu vaccine next year, always worried that I'll get a bug from having it but it couldn't be any worse than this!
Thanks for the advice girls.
Back to top Go down
rowdy
Part of the furniture
rowdy

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Flu & chest infection.   Flu & chest infection. EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 3:04 pm

hope ya feel better soon...I am lucky been in pretty good health (flu wise) have the flu injection every year...which touchwood does the trick
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Flu & chest infection.   Flu & chest infection. EmptySun 19 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm

If you are close to when you had your general anesthetic, it's possible you could suffer more (partly because you require ventilation during the surgery so your lungs can be touchy and partly because you get antibiotics during surgery and partly because surgery is just a big insult to your body).

However - having lost weight you'd be healthier to start with..

So it's probably just bad luck. Hope you feel better soon!
Back to top Go down
SOS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Flu & chest infection.   Flu & chest infection. EmptySun 19 Jun 2011, 10:28 am

Thanks for that Janette - good to hear! Fingers crossed tomorrow will be better.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Flu & chest infection.   Flu & chest infection. EmptySun 19 Jun 2011, 9:56 am

Thats not good, take care and hope you are better soon.

Flu & chest infection. 217555 Flu & chest infection. 217555

I am 18 months post sleeve, fit and healthy.
I think I have only had one cold since surgery.
Back to top Go down
SOS

Female

PostSubject: Flu & chest infection.   Flu & chest infection. EmptySun 19 Jun 2011, 8:45 am

Hi - 11 weeks post op after band removal, lge hernia repair & sleeve. Picked up a horrible bug after an OS trip last week.
Never been this sick before although I am prone to chest infections so its no big surprise but the severity of it is.
Wonder if anyone else has noticed that the bugs are bigger & nastier after sleeving or am I just unlucky.
Have been in bed since Fri pm & lost nearly 3 kg's - what a away to lose it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flu & chest infection.   Flu & chest infection. Empty

Back to top Go down

Flu & chest infection.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: