AuthorMessage
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Stray stitch coming out of wound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyThu 14 Apr 2011, 9:44 am

melpaulned wrote:
Wound is healing nicely but i have a little white head popping out which is an internal stitch

i'm not too worried, mum has the same and has had it with a prev op also

just wondering did anyone else have the same?

Yes it happened with me too! I pulled them out when they popped through. Like pulling worms out! Ha!
Back to top Go down
ClothesShoesDiamonds..Yay

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 8:38 am

Hi Realme - thats great.

D'girlz - scar tape is the stuff you put over your scars so that they fade. You see it in the chemists. :-)
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 1:54 pm

I had my post op consult today and the doctor took mine out, it didnt hurt a bit! Hopefully it heals quicker now.
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 11:47 am

What is scar tape?
Back to top Go down

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 7:20 am

I managed to get a few threads out when mine was poking through and scaring the bejeezers out of me...my scar healed so much better after that. I think that i have another one working its way out of another scar. i thought they were all healed...but one seems to have a bit of a thready look! I am sooooo not going to worry though :-)

Hmm...how long should we wait before we put the scar tape on our battle wounds?
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptySun 10 Apr 2011, 7:55 am

ditto for me too! and its driving me a bit crazy, only cause I want it out! I tried pulling it out, it doesn't hurt but but it wont budge. I have my post op consult on Monday so Ill show the doc then.
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptySat 02 Apr 2011, 11:18 pm

Hi all,

I freaked with a few stitches post gallbladder surgery, and my surgeon said that although dissolable, some peoples bodies wont tolerate them for that long and will push them to the surface...no biggie he said. Goodo, I'd been worried that his knots had come undone..but no

Reminds me of an old guy I used to look after...he regularly picked out small bits of schrapnel he sustained in the 2nd world war!! Stuff that was too deep and small for the emergency army surgeon to remove...fascinating.

Unless accompanied by an off smell and/or a gaping and leaking suture line, all should be fine. Itchy is fine too.

Deb
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 9:30 am

Happens to me too. I had a stitch about 3 cm long come out of one side of my tummy tuck, then another couple out of the new belly button. Quite normal I think.
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 9:22 am

OMG scary at first isn't it? Two and half years after I had my gallbladder removed I had a fair few stitches coming out of/near the old scars.
Back to top Go down

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 7:51 am

OMG - I love this forum! It has answers for everything!

I found a little white "thread" last night. I used tweezers and removed most but was in a panic and thinking WTF!!!!

Am much more relaxed about it now - although still feeling majorly crappy today!
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 10:56 pm

Hullo,

Must be me I have another one LOL
This one is coming out of my new belly button, so I reckon that it must be me.

Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010, 10:10 am

Some peoples bodies just reject the stitch and push it out. Thats what my surgeon said. He pulled one of mine.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptySat 09 Oct 2010, 5:56 am

Hi,
I had the same thing. I put a bit of oil on it and covered it and it came out on its own.
But just leave it and show the surgeon, chances are it will come out on its own anyway.

I did it myself because I am a scardy cat and didn't want the surgeon to pull it LOL

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
SaraG

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Stray stitch   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptySat 09 Oct 2010, 3:24 am

I'm wondering if anyone has had an internal stitch come through one of thier incisions? Most of my cuts have healed well although today in the shower I noticed a white thing sticking out of my incision at the top of my stomach just below my breasts. I thought it was dead skin so I touched it and noticed it was the stitch and knot coming from underneath.

I don't see the surgeon until Friday. It's otherwise healed and looks fine. Should I just leave it and wait until Friday. It'd not causing me any problems.

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010, 11:43 pm

You must have loosened it for him Jen :-)
Back to top Go down
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010, 8:20 pm

I tried to pull mine out with tweezers but it wouldn't budge. The next week was my 1 mth checkup with the Dr so told him it was sticking out. To my great embarressment, when he looked, he was able to scratch it off with his fingernail.

D'oh
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010, 4:01 am

yep me too.

I put a little oil on it and pulled it out, I put the oil on because I am a sooky baby and it makes it slide out easier LOL
Back to top Go down
kaysa9
kaysa9

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 1:28 pm

I had it in two of my stitches. I was able to pull one of them out and the other I cut very close to the skin. I am in my fourth month, and the stitches have dissolved now. I had some puss coming out of them as well. The surgeon said it was because the stitches had been placed to shallow. But it was no problem in my case.

Kaysa
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 12:55 pm

Gosh i had that too and it was irritated from bra and infected and it took me til last week to realize it was a bloody stitch.. i had nightmares of it being a piece of gauze they missed..lol... is gone now and stating to heal...
Back to top Go down
AzinOZ
Part of the furniture
AzinOZ

Female
Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2010-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 11:27 am

Omg yes, I have one sticking out of one of my wounds, it drives me a lil crazy to be honest with you, took me a lil to realize what it was, I have my surgeon follow up on Wednesday so was going to ask him bout it then! Hehe
Back to top Go down
http://meltingawayinoz.blogspot.com/
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 11:14 am

Yep I had one when I was banded. It eventually worked its way out =)
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 11:13 am

Wound is healing nicely but i have a little white head popping out which is an internal stitch

i'm not too worried, mum has the same and has had it with a prev op also

just wondering did anyone else have the same?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray stitch coming out of wound   Stray stitch coming out of wound Empty

Back to top Go down

Stray stitch coming out of wound
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: