Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accessing super when you have a high income?

Go down 
+3
ITSMYTIME
MissHel
coco80
7 posters
AuthorMessage
letitbe
letitbe

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Accessing super when you have a high income? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessing super when you have a high income?   Accessing super when you have a high income? EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012, 3:28 pm

I am going to apply for my DH's super funds I only have 12400.00 in mine as I was out of the work force for many years raising my children... and although I am on a low income now my DH on the other hand is not. We too have huge outgoings and live from pay to pay. I am very worried I will get knoocked back ....

If someone doesn't mind can you please tell about a spreadsheet (whats needed /included ) please.

I have all the paper work for application to centrlink for ERSF. and I have a copy of the template for GP letter. Birth cert/passport/marriage cert.

Is there anything I am missing?

cheers

ps sorry for hickjacking your post. I am new to this and still learning the ropes.
Back to top Go down
MissHel
Part of the furniture
MissHel

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Accessing super when you have a high income?   Accessing super when you have a high income? EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012, 12:07 am

Awesome information! Thank you!

I have now started a spreadsheet to add to my application.

H
Back to top Go down
Asimov
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Accessing super when you have a high income?   Accessing super when you have a high income? EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 5:36 pm

Hi Coco80,
When I went through APRA for my super, I gave a very detailed budget and I wrote a letter explaining / clarifying our expenditure. My application got held up a couple of times but not with regard to my budget, it was more to do with quotes from the surgical team and the wording of my support letters. It really pays to be comprehensive with your application.
Back to top Go down
coco80

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Accessing super when you have a high income?   Accessing super when you have a high income? EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 11:07 am

Thanks, that's all great information to have. I also spoke to the DHA today and the guy I spoke to was very helpful who confirmed that it was what was left after all your expenses that they consider rather than your salary, so your net income, rather than gross). He told me to add a really detailed list of all my expenses and include absolutely everything to avoid having to go back to the bottom of the list in the case it's rejected.

Thanks so much for the input, it has definitely eased my mind a little!
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Accessing super when you have a high income?   Accessing super when you have a high income? EmptySun 22 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm

I don’t earn very much, my husband does earn above average wages. We do also receive centrelink payment as my children have a disability. In the part of the form where you put your expenses I was honest and it was plain to see why we could not afford to pay for the surgery any other way. Also at the end where you could write freely I explained why I received Centerlink payments and that it is spent on helping my children with their disability.

I did get approved by APRA, it took some time but for other reasons, some of my quotes were more than a month old and my letter was from a nurse not my surgeon I had to go to the bottom of the list once. It took 9 weeks in total to applying then money in my account.
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: above averge income   Accessing super when you have a high income? EmptySun 22 Apr 2012, 12:11 pm

Hi

I also have a higher than average income and massive overheads - I was very detailed in my application - making sure I took into account everything and mine went through without any problems. I think it does depend on what the Doctors say and from advice on this forum I made sure my surgeon and GP were on the same page. Good luck

G
Back to top Go down
coco80

Female

PostSubject: Re: Accessing super when you have a high income?   Accessing super when you have a high income? EmptySun 22 Apr 2012, 11:45 am

Thank you, that's really useful advice. I can't believe they think you would be eligible for a loan with $100 leftover each week! Crazy.
Back to top Go down
ITSMYTIME

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Accessing super when you have a high income?   Accessing super when you have a high income? EmptySun 22 Apr 2012, 8:50 am

I am currently trying to access my super. It really doesn't matter your income if u do not have sufficient funds after all expenses. They also think you could sell any luxury items you have and they queried when I had $100 left over each week why I couldn't get a loan! I had not listed house maintenance, school excursions, birthday presents, Christmas etc.

I submitted more paperwork and need to wait another 10 working days to see if successful. I would say list ALL expenses showing if u clearly cannot afford it. Check and double check you have provided everything from their list. Make sure your Id is not just a birth cert and license if your married. They have different surnames.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
MissHel
Part of the furniture
MissHel

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Accessing super when you have a high income?   Accessing super when you have a high income? EmptySun 22 Apr 2012, 5:05 am

Hi Coco

I've heard that it isn't means tested from someone at Canberra Bariatric. But they do look at the money you have left over each month. I'm in the same boat. I'll be starting the ball rolling on this in the next month.

I'm interested in hearing about this too.
Back to top Go down
coco80

Female

PostSubject: Accessing super when you have a high income?   Accessing super when you have a high income? EmptySun 22 Apr 2012, 2:35 am

Hi everyone,

I'm on the track to sleeve surgery, and am now trying to figure out how to fund it. I earn an above average salary, but have huge outgoing expenses. Along with my own crippling mortgage and credit cards, I am helping my parents pay off their mortgage after my dad was made redundant last year. Although on paper I look like I earn a lot, there's very little left at the end of each month. I would really like to access my super to pay for the surgery, otherwise I'm looking at 12 months of saving to pull the money together. I would love to know if anyone has had any luck being approved when they had an above average salary? I'd prefer to have some heads up rather than having a potential date for surgery and not being able to proceed because my application gets rejected. Thanks so much for any input!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accessing super when you have a high income?   Accessing super when you have a high income? Empty

Back to top Go down

Accessing super when you have a high income?
Page 1 of 1