Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

too many periods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many periods!   too many periods! EmptyFri 16 Mar 2012, 1:56 am

well i am 2 and half weeks out of surgery - got my period a week later (on time) and it lasted a good 7 days heavy (i am nromally a 3 day heavy and half day light) then i stopped for 2 days and i have been spotting heavy now for 2 days........ this is not normal for me.

So I will see how i go next few days - the fact i was a lil off beat with my periods before (think its pre menopausal stuff) may have something to do with it - but never this heavy since my twenties...

maybe its the last hoorah!!! wouldnt that be sweeeeetttt lol

well i see my surgeon again in 4 weeks so if not changed will bring it up with him.

but i think its a fair question your asking :) cos i was thinking the same
Back to top Go down
S0PHiEsticated
S0PHiEsticated

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2012-03-13

too many periods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many periods!   too many periods! EmptyFri 16 Mar 2012, 12:53 am

Hey,

Sorry to hear you having so much trouble. In January I got back from a 3 month holiday in America. When i got back to Australia I got my periods extremely heavy with very large clots, I had it for a month straight and I was taking the pill and it still was not going away. Dr sent me for an ultrasound which also cost me like $200 :( but Medicare does give $80 of it back. Anyway I had a large 14cm cyst on one of my ovaries. I was then sent to the gynaecologist who suggested I get it removed. He said that cyst can be the cause of heavy non stop menstrual cycles but it could also be hormonal imbalances. He suggested I get the Mirena put in. He then put in in while I was under anaesthetic after he removed the cyst. Am now a month out from having the Mirena put in and have not have a period since. So relieved cause the Dr was telling me that having your periods constantly can cause infertility.

I love my Mirena, it lasts for 5 years and only cost $30, instead of $100 every 2 months for the Pill, and my cycles are lighter then ever. Definantly go see someone, I know how you feel chicky. Sanitary products get pricey after a month lol.
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

too many periods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many periods!   too many periods! EmptyThu 15 Mar 2012, 11:49 pm

Got a little bit curious about this myself. Mine were reasonably regular up until the sleeve. I got my first post sleeve one 2 weeks early and I bled for nearly a fortnight. It was a consistent heavy flow too. Have one now that is very, very heavy, but was more or less on time.

At this point I am putting it down to hormonal adjustments and compensations due to rapid weight loss, but will be watching for any problems,
Back to top Go down
tinyteddy
Part of the furniture
tinyteddy

Female
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-01-30

too many periods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many periods!   too many periods! EmptyThu 08 Mar 2012, 2:02 am

Hi Cocosnuts

Can I ask if you are on any contraception? I have had major problems with periods after having a depo provera injection at xmas time. the injection is for contraception but I was one of the few that has suffered bad side effects one being a constant period for 9 weeks. Thankfully it stopped just before my op but I was very anaemic, cranky and tired. The doc put me on an additional hormone to counteract it but I still have a mild period off and on. I had a reminder to get my next injection the other day (it last for 3 months and once you have it you cant reverse it) and I politely declined! Couldnt see the point in having a contraception like that when you there was no way you could have sex anyway!!!! never again!!!

anyway - just wondering if this could have something to do with it? im probably way off but just a thought. definitely go see doc though hunny - we women suffer enough - we shouldnt have to go through any more periods that we absolutely have to LOL!! xxxx
Back to top Go down
cocosnuts
Part of the furniture
cocosnuts

Female
Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2011-08-10

too many periods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many periods!   too many periods! EmptyThu 08 Mar 2012, 1:18 am

I dont have pcos.. ive been tested for it about 10 times in the last 5 years lol.

I havent had one for 2 weeks so my surgeon said to wait a few weeks and see if it settles because it can be related to rapid weight loss and something hes seen abit in his female patients to have a few periods so im going to hold off a few weeks and then have a scan if it keeps happening.
Back to top Go down
http://chloereed.blogspot.com/
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

too many periods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many periods!   too many periods! EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 1:59 pm

I had a similar thing pre-sleeve.

Getting my period for 3 weeks at a time, full on, then only a week off.

I've now gone the opposite way since losing weight.

I know $260 isn't cheap, but it's probably worth getting checked out.
Back to top Go down

too many periods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many periods!   too many periods! EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 10:54 am

You really need to get that checked out... it could be anything from hormones to fibroids... either way its treatable the first with tablets the second with a curettage (depending on size and amount of them)

You cant go on bleeding like that, so you should get at least a blood test to see what your hormone levels are.

Do you suffer from PCOS..

I had the same bleeding come on suddenly a few years ago and it was fibroids. Seriously get it checked you will get most of the ultrasound cost back from medicare anyway
Back to top Go down
cocosnuts
Part of the furniture
cocosnuts

Female
Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2011-08-10

too many periods! Empty
PostSubject: too many periods!   too many periods! EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 9:44 am

Hi ladies,

I have gone from a very regular period, i could almost set my clock by it, to having 5 periods in the last 9 weeks... 5 full periods! each has gone for 4-6 days and been a normal flow-heavy.

Has this happened to anyone else? My new gp said it was related to my weight loss and not to worry, she did give me a referal to have an ultrasound but thats going to cost me $260 so i dont really want to do that. Any one experienced this? Im seeing my surgeon in the morning so will mention it to him and see what he says. The constant periods have meant i have also had pretty constant bloating and fluid retention... which means no real weight loss in 9 weeks. The week between the periods i drop a kilo and then the next week i gain it back plus extra 500 grams.

HELP!

XO
Back to top Go down
http://chloereed.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

too many periods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: too many periods!   too many periods! Empty

Back to top Go down

too many periods!
Page 1 of 1