Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-09-19

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyMon 12 Nov 2012, 8:25 am

Hi

I had issues with irregular periods post op was told that my body was no absorbing oral contraceptive pill due to op, since changing to a non oral contraceptive it's all good talk to your gp about other contraceptive options would be my advice.
Back to top Go down
nepratini

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-02-05

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptySun 11 Nov 2012, 12:49 am

I am so glad I found this thread. I had my op on 13th June. I am on the pill but was unable to take it when in hospital so my period came two days after the op instead of the next week which was no big deal. The only problem now is I haven't had a period since then. I suffer from menstrual migraines which I am still getting each month but I'm not having a period. I have lost 40kg since the op and I'm thinking it could just be from the weight loss. Anyone else have this problem?
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 10:45 pm

I agree go to your gp.
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 12:53 pm

im no expert but cant hurt to ask a gp
Back to top Go down
Chap25

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-07-04

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptySat 11 Aug 2012, 10:43 pm

Not sure if anyone is watching this thread anymore. But I got Debanded in march and was on the pill up until my sleeve in july. When it was meant to come it wouldn't when on the pill. Since my bf broke up with me a week before the sleeve I thought may as well go off it and get my body not deal with the extra of the pill too. Now I'm 4 weeks post op and still nothing. I had sex during the second week and I bleed that night and it stopped. Should I be concerned. Def not pregnant, they would of picked that up before surgery lol. Should I go to docs or just keep waiting patiently??? I've always been spot on with my periods since I was 13 lol. So this is very unsettling for me to not know what's going on??
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyWed 08 Aug 2012, 7:36 am

I track mine on my phone too.. I use pink pad. Love all the things you can put into it.. Moods, days you have your period plus the flow, the days you have sex (comes up with a little love heart on that day in the calendar hehe). And I love that it uses flower petals on a flower to show what stage of ovulation you're at, when you are ovulating.

And it's free.
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyWed 08 Aug 2012, 7:31 am

Yeh I have an app on my andriod phone that tracks it for me! soooo handy! I went and got toe depro shot today so we'll see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 12:38 pm

Christina, gotta laugh when we get excited for getting our p's lol. mine is a day earlier so will see if i get into synch soon.

also if you have an iphone there is an app called ptracker, it's free or you can pay to upgrade it's brilliant. also good if you want to populate the planet lol
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 6:22 am

great news i got them last night which means i wont have them for surgery yay!!!!!

i still have the flu tho Periods  135961
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyThu 02 Aug 2012, 8:15 am

I was the opposite to a lot of people.. My periods for the 12 months prior surgery were horrific (3 weeks on, 1 week break rather than the opp which is the norm!)..

My first period after surgery was great. Only 6 days long, no major heavy bleeding, no cramps (never had them pre-op though anyway).

All further periods since then have been a breeze. 2 days of moderate bleeding, then 2-3 days of light bleeding, then just a bit of spotting on the last day.

Loving it.
Back to top Go down
bella12
bella12

Female
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyThu 02 Aug 2012, 12:11 am

yep im the same as Angel..hadnt had one for 12 months prior to surgery and the last 2 months i have copped it really heavy and hoping like Angel they settle down in a couple of months.

Figure its just my body adjusting to weight loss and getting into some sort of normal cycle...fingers crossed..
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 11:31 pm

curvy cass, i wasnt even due for mine but directly after surgery i got them and HEAVY!!!! and this happened for the next 4 cycles - thankfully they have calmed down now.

I have also heard from others they skipped one or two. Body is adjusting to weight loss apparently.

and yes the bS we go through!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 1:47 pm

the bs us women go through. the things we have to worry about and men wonder why we are nuts lol
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 1:39 pm

All depends I guess, if your 4 weeks late then you pretty much skip one, I've only been 2 weeks late once when I was overly stressed, I'm due for mine next week just before surgery so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 10:40 am

i had ps mid-cycle but they came 3 days early. will see how it goes this month. i wore my own knickers - big cotton ones
Back to top Go down
curvycass
curvycass

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-07-25

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 8:20 am

i am abit worried at the moment, i am five days late, pretty sure its not from pregnancy, it think its from stressing about the sugery and having to do opti and now that i am late i am stressing even more, you just cant win, i am hoping i dont have them during surgery as i am usually quite heavy.

Also if you dont get your period due to stress does it skip the period for that month completely or are you just really late?
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 11:28 pm

well ive just got them today which means I should have them the week before surgery so fingers crossed, I get pretty bad period pain, so i would love not to have that addded on top, post op.
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-10-05

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 1:36 pm

I was due to have mine around the time of surgery (most likely the day or day after) and was lucky enough that mine came like a week and a half late which I was told was because of the whole surgery thing going on haha

Best of luck to you!!
Gretchen
Back to top Go down
mirawitch
mirawitch

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-03-05

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 12:25 am

I have menraih (sp*) so I bleed constantly for almost 2 years unless I am on hormones. Doc says I probably won't be able to have my hormones so I will get mine within a few days. I am checking if i can crush them up because I don't just bleed, i get extreme pain and headaches so it is best if I don't have to come of my hormones. Plus coming off them makes me incredibly hungry.

I am waiting on a surery to stop the menraih, they tried it before surgery but the equipment at the local hospital wouldn't work. I have been waiting since before xmas for them to reshedule it and guess what... they did for next week, so I have had to postpone that as i will still be in hospital for my sleeve.

hmmm, the things we have to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012, 10:07 pm

hey Folks

Mine started the day before i was sleeved. At the time of admission i just told the nurses and they just took a note. In some ways was a relief, i got to keep my own panties on instead of the paper made wonders. I made sure though i was wearing old pure cotton ones. They do advise though you wear a pad and not a tampon. Because by the time of the op is over and recovery done and you are more alert its quite a few hours. For me i was operated on in the afternoon and i wasnt really alert till the next morning. However everyone is different in their recoveries.

hope that helps

Erin
Back to top Go down
JustHayley
Part of the furniture
JustHayley

Female
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012, 1:00 pm

I was one of the unlucky ones that ended up with mine the day before surgery! It didn't change anything though, I actually didn't even mention it to them at the hosp and they never asked. Was a bit of a pain but i managed!!

You might need to speak up if they ask you to totally strip down for surgery but I was fortunate enough that they told me to leave my own under wear on and it wasn't a drama. Was up and out of bed hours after surgery anyway..

JH
Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-03-03

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012, 12:59 pm

I too was due for mine.

I just skipped it.

But i packed for just in case.

Some times periods become out of sorts due the drugs your given.

There was a little bloating but you swell up any way and they fill you full of air.

We nurses are very sensitive to periods arriving unannounced. it is a very common, the stress of being unwell and in hospital is enough to trigger a surprise. after all periods are a very natural process that we dear ladies have to experience.

All the best with your pending sleeve.

LIssa
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012, 12:51 pm

I got asked during admission so I doubt they'd stop your surgery, just not the best thing to have after surgery, a reason to feel twice as crap.
Back to top Go down
Teenadee

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-11-21

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012, 12:08 pm

I was also thinking about all the swelling and everything
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012, 11:49 am

I may be in the same situation, i guess you could skip it i have been told that they are quite professional in the hospital if you do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Periods  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Periods    Periods  Empty

Back to top Go down

Periods
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: Secret Women's Business-
Jump to: