Synna
Part of the furniture
Synna

Female
Number of posts : 436
Location : That twilight space between sleep and consciousness
Registration date : 2010-08-23

27kg down and now experiencing painful periods Empty
PostSubject: Re: 27kg down and now experiencing painful periods   27kg down and now experiencing painful periods EmptyThu 23 Feb 2012, 9:45 am

My period has always been regular before I got my mirena, and once the mirena had settled down I stopped getting periods at all. Now, over the past couple of months I am getting a period again, roughly at the same rate as pre mirena. I have no idea what's going on either! I mentioned this to my GP and he had no clue as well. So I can't directly answer your question, but I wanted to let you know that you're not the only one with period weirdness happening

(and btw, I've also noticed that the week or 2 before my period my weight is likely to go up or stay the same, instead of trending downwards - this has been responsible for my frustrating stalls, but it was only once I'd had a couple of cycles that I realised what was going on).
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: 27kg down and now experiencing painful periods   27kg down and now experiencing painful periods EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 12:29 pm

Sorry Sapphire, I'm no help to you I had a hysterectomy years ago but I agree with Lin. I think it's something you should discuss with your GP, there could be loads of reasons for this change.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: :(   27kg down and now experiencing painful periods EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 11:36 am

doesnt sound good. havent been sleeve yet so no experience. I would recommend going to your gp though just to check it all out.

hope the pain eases soon and you get some answers
Back to top Go down
Sapphire

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: 27kg down and now experiencing painful periods   27kg down and now experiencing painful periods EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 11:09 am

Since having my first baby 5 years ago, I have had fairly regular 31-32 day cycles. No cramping and very light. Now that I have lost 27kg and now in the overweight BMI range (gone from 38 to 29), my periods are becoming painful Confused They are slightly heavier and I have PMS in the few days prior to it starting.
I'm confused ... everything I read states that weight loss will help reduce painful cramps and decrease flow. Has anyone else experienced similar?
TIA 27kg down and now experiencing painful periods 65317
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 27kg down and now experiencing painful periods   27kg down and now experiencing painful periods Empty

Back to top Go down

27kg down and now experiencing painful periods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: Secret Women's Business-
Jump to: