AuthorMessage
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Can you pop the staples ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 5:53 am

Can you pop the staples ?? 473426 Thanks for that wonderful post on sleeve surgery.

Ex Bandit - to be sleeved late March.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
crisalida
crisalida

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 2:51 am

I haven't had a situation where I haven't been able to hold it in until I am in an appropriate place yet, and generally it is just a matter of it coming back up quite easily, but there has been a couple of times when it has come up easy, but the gut wrenching has kicked in and I have kept going until my stomach is completely emptied. Not a pleasant experience (never is though lol), but the times it has been gut wrenching it has been because I have consumed something that has not agreed with me.

Greasy and starchy foods (such as potato) do not agree with me.
Back to top Go down
chickaboomboom
chickaboomboom

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 12:43 am

Hi thanks 4 the reply girls - i am an ex bander and when i had eaten the wrong thing or it got stuck - all i had to do really was bend over the loo and it would naturally come up - not retching as such - some times i would do like a burping motion and it would come up - as it hadnt gone past the band so was really not that far down - what i would like to know when your talking of vomiting is it the gut retching vomiting or a similar thing to me cna you hold it in till your in an appropriate place - or is it coming up no matter where you are

i hope you understand what i am saying - and sorry for the too much info !!!!
Back to top Go down
crisalida
crisalida

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 12:51 am

I have vomited a lot since surgery too, and all is good for me as well.

I have been sick for the same reasons as chrisbychic, apart from the OP. Certain foods also make me feel ill. Eating anything greasy is a huge no no and I have also found one spoonful too much and back up it comes lol..

Also, I find it hard to eat red meat..

But yes, given how often I have been sick, it has been reassuring that my tummy wont pop with it lol.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? EmptySun 29 Jan 2012, 7:33 am

A combination of things made me vomit in the first few months.

Overeating (just one spoonful can do it)

Not chewing well enough (didn't realise it, but even when I thought I'd chewed it up enough, it still had to be more)

Eating too fast (a very bad habit of mine)

Double op - had the hiatus hernia done as well as the sleeve, and was very swollen inside for a long time.
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male
Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? EmptySun 29 Jan 2012, 4:28 am

Once healed, the staples aren't really required. They're there of course, but think of cuts you've had in the past. You don't need bandaids once healed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greebo.net
chickaboomboom
chickaboomboom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? EmptySun 29 Jan 2012, 2:27 am

i tried to watch it and it shut my computer down and it wouldnt re open 4 ages - so i might try and search it on the YouTube site
Back to top Go down
Nickk012
Nickk012

Male
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? EmptySun 29 Jan 2012, 2:08 am

Great Video thanks
Back to top Go down
mac.calder
mac.calder

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2011-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? EmptySun 29 Jan 2012, 12:51 am

If you are not queezy, I have linked to a video of the surgery posted by my surgeon (Jon Armstrong) - in it you can see the staples and why it is unlikely that you will "POP" one - the staples are more like a zip than actual staples, lots of little loops surrounding the cut and holding the stomach together. The stapling is at about 4:40 in the video.

Back to top Go down
chickaboomboom
chickaboomboom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? EmptySat 28 Jan 2012, 11:57 pm

ok glad to hear it lol - why did you vomit so much over the first few months do you mind me asking??
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? EmptySat 28 Jan 2012, 11:37 pm

I vomited heaps and heaps over the first several months - no damage. My doc told me not to worry about it, as there was no way I'd pop 'em...
Back to top Go down
chickaboomboom
chickaboomboom

Female

PostSubject: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? EmptySat 28 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm

Hi i keep wondering about post surgery if you get nauseas as i do and usually end up dry reching (sorry 2 much info ) i am worried about causing a leak - has any one done this b4 - and any other situations that this can happen ???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you pop the staples ??   Can you pop the staples ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can you pop the staples ??
Page 1 of 1