AuthorMessage
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Do the staples dissolve? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do the staples dissolve?   Do the staples dissolve? EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 4:20 am

I flew a flew about 3 months post op and didn't have any issues :)

Allot of people on here have had their sleeve done interstate and flown home within the same week.

The stomach just heals over the top of the staples and there's no real need for them to be there in the end. But it'd be to much hassle to go in and remove them.

Back to top Go down
Mummamac

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Do the staples dissolve?   Do the staples dissolve? EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 1:33 am

Thanks. So glad to know the staples won't set off the airport security. I just hope it stays that way. I flew to Melbourne the other week and I had a very thin metal bangle on and it set off the alarm.
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2012-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Do the staples dissolve?   Do the staples dissolve? EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 12:06 am

Janette wrote:
Staples are permanent and apparently the stomach tissue grows around the staples.

My surgeon told me he uses part of the cut away stomach to cover the staples and them removes the rest.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Do the staples dissolve?   Do the staples dissolve? EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 8:31 pm

LOL no they don't set off alarms at the airport, I have flown heaps since sleeved!!

Staples are permanent and apparently the stomach tissue grows around the staples.
Back to top Go down
Ginka
Part of the furniture
Ginka

Female
Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Do the staples dissolve?   Do the staples dissolve? EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 1:48 am

I had to ask the question though...nothing like trying to work out why your beeping and then having to disclose your procedure.
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2012-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Do the staples dissolve?   Do the staples dissolve? EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 1:33 am

Ginka wrote:
They are permanent titanium staples. I was told that they will not register at the airport security scan.

That would be funny if they did
Back to top Go down
Ginka
Part of the furniture
Ginka

Female
Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Do the staples dissolve?   Do the staples dissolve? EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 12:38 am

They are permanent titanium staples. I was told that they will not register at the airport security scan.
Back to top Go down
Mummamac

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Do the staples dissolve?   Do the staples dissolve? EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 12:25 am

I haven't had the chance to ask my doctor but does anyone know if the staples dissolve or are they permanent?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the staples dissolve?   Do the staples dissolve? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do the staples dissolve?
Page 1 of 1