AuthorMessage
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female
Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-12-09

Making a return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a return   Making a return EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 11:21 pm

Thanks so much everyone! I must say that I am feeling alot more positive this time round. I have started the process and am looking forward to meeting the surgeon I have selected. I already feel better with this choice and will go get a referal from the gp today. I will be stalking the threads from now on :)
Back to top Go down
Gypsy Lover
Gypsy Lover

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-01-22

Making a return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a return   Making a return EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 5:50 pm

Hi Jo, Good on you for taking the first step and coming back to the forum. It's a massive decision to make and it is life changing (but in a great way). I am a newbie on here and just got given my surgery date so I understand your hesitations.

One day soon, maybe we can both celebrate riding bikes with our children (my OH rides with our kids too)
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Making a return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a return   Making a return EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 10:37 am

Good luck Jo!
Making a return 542174
Back to top Go down
Huggy Bear
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Making a return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a return   Making a return EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 10:33 am

Good luck Jo!

You will never look back after the sleeve, it is awesome!

Xxxhuggybear
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Making a return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a return   Making a return EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 9:07 am

Welcome back!

You will definitely be supported every step of the way while you are involved with this forum. In a few months time, YOU will be bike riding with your daughter!

I wish you all the best.

Making a return 542174
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Making a return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a return   Making a return EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 8:54 am

Welcome Jo, you have definitely come to the right place for support. Good luck with everything, keep us posted of your progress.

Kate
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Making a return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a return   Making a return EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 6:59 am

Welcome back Jo!

Hope everything goes well this time.

Making a return 217555 Making a return 217555
Back to top Go down
flick
flick

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-07-12

Making a return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a return   Making a return EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 6:02 am

Hi and welcome Jo

All I have to say about it is that after trying every diet in the known universe and even having the band for 13 years, the sleeve is honestly the best thing that I have done for myself in a long long time.....Yes it costs abit but seriously once it is done then as some people who have had it done have said, their pain goes and some have been able to go off their medication. That has to be a positive.....

I too was like you and scared to have it done as I just couldn't get my head around it being permanent, but since having it done I can go out with my hubby and friends for a meal and order a entree( which he still has to finish for me) and still feel "normal" because with a band I was forever running off to vomit because I had eaten to fast or to much and with this I take it slow and I am learning when I am feeling full so I don't need to rush to the bathroom every meal.

I stared at an astronomical weight and it is slowly going down, and I know that in a year or two I will be at a size and weight that is considered normal and I honestly don't think I could be doing it without the sleeve.

I don't know if this is any help to you but I hope that in my ramblings you can get something out of it.

Good luck with your decision and just ask anything on this forum someone will always answer.

Hugs

Flick
Back to top Go down
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female
Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-12-09

Making a return Empty
PostSubject: Making a return   Making a return EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 5:45 am

Once upon a time I was booked in to get the sleeve (early 2010) and didn't go through with it. Two years on and I now know it's time for me to move beyond my fear and get on with the life I want.

I'm Jo (36) from Sydney and although I'm still scared of the unknown I see all the wonderful progress of you all and want that for myself. I feel like a bit of a failure for not going through with it the first time, and of course not being able to lose it myself. But I'm over the blame game and the what ifs ...

Will have to get a loan this time but I think I'll be saving more in the long run. I just want to feel comfortable. I'm constantly in pain one way or another and have no energy to play with my gorgeous daughter. My hubby takes her bike riding and I stay home and watch tv. How embarrassing - I want to participate and have a happy life.

I just constantly think about food and my weight and that isn't normal. I am motivated for one month only so 'lifestyle changes/diets/gym' etc don't work well for me and I end up feeling more sorry for myself than when I started.

Anyhow, hoping to get some support again through this whole process :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Making a return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a return   Making a return Empty

Back to top Go down

Making a return
Page 1 of 1