Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jedda

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-05-05

How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work?   How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work? EmptyThu 16 May 2013, 9:19 am

I also only had a fortnight off. I'm casual so don't get paid for time or either. I think I could have gone back earlier if I wanted to but I didn't want to push it too soon
Back to top Go down
timeisright
timeisright

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-05-10

PostSubject: Re: How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work?   How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work? EmptyWed 15 May 2013, 1:36 pm

Thanks Kegs and Tumultuous Tara - it sounds like a fortnight is within the realms of achievable - all going well that is. How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work? 63412
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work?   How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work? EmptyWed 15 May 2013, 11:10 am

Yeah a fortnight - too easy !

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
kegs
Part of the furniture
kegs

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-12-20

PostSubject: Re: How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work?   How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work? EmptyWed 15 May 2013, 10:16 am

I went back a week and a half after my surgery. I have a desk job and actually probably was doing less at work than I would have at home. In saying that I had a dream recovery. I also work casual so had no wage for that time. I have a second job as a barmaid and ive had just over a month of that due to the kind of work it is.
Back to top Go down
timeisright
timeisright

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-05-10

PostSubject: How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work?   How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work? EmptyWed 15 May 2013, 9:37 am

I am having my surgery in July and I was wondering what were others's experiences in how long it took to return to work? I am the sole income earner in my family and don't want to be off work for too long as it will bite financially. Part of my income is salary but a major part is from a small self-employed business so If I don't work then no money comes in...... My surgeon suggested taking a month's holiday and said if there were complications it could be that I would need longer. I was hoping to be able to get back to work after a fortnight as I have a sedentary job. what are other people's experiences? How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work? 618285
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work?   How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long after surgery until you are well enough to return to work?
Page 1 of 1