Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?

Go down 
+6
Tinacton
Janette
Kyles
manda
mapmar
issi
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 2:51 am

RR you may need a bit longer, because you are on your feet all day, and carrying things that may be heavy, or maybe you could do shorter shifts for a little while. Give the office a call they should be able to find out for you
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 1:08 pm

actaully my doc was vauge , or should i say didnt even mention it, i didnt even ask him, derrrr...

he jus told me if i make it past the 2week mark without a problem im home and hosed!lol...
actually im a waitress so i carry plates and stuff,and run around.?
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
bonitaymala
bonitaymala

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 12:49 am

I went back after 2 weeks.I feel fine ,just a bit tired.Im a teacher so I do have to be active most of the day.I wish i had 1 more week.......
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? EmptyWed 06 Jan 2010, 8:30 am

Thanks for all the info :) It's good to have a reasonable idea of when i'll be able to do things again. Can't wait to have the op over and done with and be recovering.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? EmptyWed 06 Jan 2010, 6:53 am

My doctor keeps a close eye on his patients and keeps them in for 6-7 nights. To make sure there are no leaks I guess.

So a week in hospital then another 2 weeks off work. Even though I have a desk job I don't think I could have sat upright for long periods earlier than 3 weeks, but everyone recovers differently.
Back to top Go down
Tinacton

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? EmptyWed 06 Jan 2010, 6:47 am

I spent 3 nights in hospital and went back to full time work after 3 weeks but everybody is different ,just take is very easy and you will be back to normal in no time.
Tina
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? EmptyWed 06 Jan 2010, 12:08 am

I had my surgery Monday morning and was discharged Thursday morning.

I could have gone back to work after 2 weeks, but am on annual holidays. I would definitely have been ready to return if I had too.

No heavy lifting, twisting, turning (so NO gym) for 6 weeks for me.
I had a hernia repair also, so very important I don't do these, as don't want to undo all the good work the surgeon has done.

I was allowed to drive after 10-14 days.

All this information was given to me in hospital before discharge.
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 8:32 pm

Hi there :)

I had 5 nights in hospital and loved every minute of it...lol

I had a really really easy recovery and was really feeling great after week one...I did take it easy tho for 5-6 weeks...almost killed me but I did work it a bit too with the kids and hubby...lol
Back to top Go down
manda
manda

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 7:56 pm

i spent 3 nights 4 days in hospital, and i took two weeks off work so went back 2 weeks post op. was still a little tendor but was ok. would have gone back earlier if my job was a desk job but im on my feet all day so played it safe and stayed home, glad i did too.
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 1:51 pm

Surgeon quite vague on all aspects of recovery so I thought I should ask here for a bit more of a helpful guidons on when people were able to do things
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 1:09 pm

Hasn't your surgeon told you this information? Every surgeon has their own timeframes etc...
Usually 2 weeks off work, can't lift heavy things for 6 - 8 weeks..... but definitely check with your surgeon.
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 1:03 pm

I am having surgery in 2 weeks and am curious to know how long were people in hospital? How long until you were able to return to work and do normal duites like washing, pick up your babies (or dogs) etc?

Many thanks,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?   How long in hospital?  How soon to go back to work? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long in hospital? How soon to go back to work?
Page 1 of 1