gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

sleeping propped up Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeping propped up   sleeping propped up EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011, 4:55 am

Not TOO high, but slightly raised on an elbow pillow may help.

Try a few positions. I myself have no problems now, but in the first few weeks/months I did suffer from reflux in bed. Keep up your reflux meds and try to sleep SLIGHTLY raised, not sitting up. See if that helps. You could always invest in one of those beds that can move up or down too!
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: sleeping propped up   sleeping propped up EmptyThu 22 Dec 2011, 12:14 am

There's quiet a few people on here that chose to sleep on recliners for the first month or so post-op, but I think that was more for comfort more than reflux.

I used to get reflux every now and then pre-sleeve but I stopped taking my nexium about 2 weeks post and haven't had 1 little bit of it since.

Seems a little strange that your sleeping position would be causing it to me.

Also If you want to sleep more on your side / stomach use a pillow to prop up your stomach slightly its amazing how much pressure it takes off. :)

Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: sleeping propped up   sleeping propped up EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011, 11:55 pm

Hi

Just wondering what is everyones experience with regard to sleepinng propped up or reclined? I was told by nursing staff that I should never sleep completely flat because that encourages reflux however sleeping propped up places pressure on my poor old hips. I was a tummy sleeper pre surgery and am now grateful that I can at least sleep on my side but got a little too flat last night and was hit with reflux. Any advice woud be appreciated

G
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sleeping propped up   sleeping propped up Empty

Back to top Go down

sleeping propped up
Page 1 of 1