5 posters
AuthorMessage
grunge_hippy
grunge_hippy

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2014-07-02

sleeping and insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeping and insomnia   sleeping and insomnia EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014, 1:46 pm

No caffeine. I haven't had a coffee since before surgery. But yes, in the past when diet coke was my bitch, if I had too much I wouldn't sleep well
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: sleeping and insomnia   sleeping and insomnia EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014, 12:52 pm

Hey grunge_hippy, this is probably way to simplistic a solution, but just in case... you being on the liquid phase doesn't happen to mean you are drinking any more tea or coffee later in the day does it?  As I got older, I started to have issues with drinking caffeine after about 11am - I can lie awake for hours!  Now, I recognise the signs and can realise at 1:30am that the cafe must have accidentally not given me the decaf I ordered, lol (lol? Not really!), but when it was first happening, I was like "what is going on with my sleep?!"

Like I said, it's probably something else, but just thought I'd mention it in the hope it could be that simple :)
Back to top Go down
grunge_hippy
grunge_hippy

Female

PostSubject: Re: sleeping and insomnia   sleeping and insomnia EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014, 12:14 pm

yeah I was on a cpap for a month trial, and yes I wasn't as fatigued in the morning but I've never been a poor sleeper before, just tired.  This time I am not sleeping.  

I've also had low magnesium and have been taking supplements pre surgery, I will get back onto them when I get past the liquid stage.

I took some vitamin D drops last night and slept a bit better.  I'll see what the doctor says on Friday.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: sleeping and insomnia   sleeping and insomnia EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014, 11:50 am

Yes, I am sleeping poorly at the moment too - not insomnia, just waking up tired as so currently trialling a CPAP machine. My GP has just told me my bloods showed low iron and very low Vitamin D - I am now wondering if that could be part of my problem.  Have supplements so hoping to sort it out, but thanks for the post as I hadn't considered that as possible factors.
Back to top Go down
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Magnesium   sleeping and insomnia EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014, 3:57 am

Magnesium is very good for cramps as well.
Back to top Go down
skinny_lynnie
skinny_lynnie

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2014-04-28

PostSubject: Re: sleeping and insomnia   sleeping and insomnia EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014, 12:13 am

Poor thing that's a horrible feeling. I didn't know about the vit D. However when I have had restless legs/body I dose up on magnesium and it comes right pretty quickly. 

Good luck, sweet dreams are ahead.
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: sleeping and insomnia   sleeping and insomnia EmptySun 13 Jul 2014, 11:34 pm

Sleep is a funny thing, my vitamin D is always low, and yet I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat and stay that way for 12 hrs (pee breaks in there of course lol)!
Back to top Go down
grunge_hippy
grunge_hippy

Female

PostSubject: Re: sleeping and insomnia   sleeping and insomnia EmptySun 13 Jul 2014, 11:17 am

actually, funny you say that.  I got a letter from my gp when I got home asking to come in because my pre surgery blood test came back with low vitamin D.

Thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Vitamin D   sleeping and insomnia EmptySun 13 Jul 2014, 10:11 am

Make sure you have enough Vitamin D in your system, it really helps with sleep. Take this from an insomniac of 2 years who just discovered instead of 70 I had a reading of 20...my sleep has turned around.

sleeping and insomnia 446871
Back to top Go down
grunge_hippy
grunge_hippy

Female

PostSubject: sleeping and insomnia   sleeping and insomnia EmptySun 13 Jul 2014, 9:17 am

Has anyone experienced some insomnia post surgery?  I am 6 days out, I have been having very vivid dreams which wake me up, I then have great difficulty going back to sleep.  My whole body feels twitchy, I can't lay still.  It's almost like my whole body is in war with itself.  I don't have any pain, just very restless.

My thoughts are that is could be the clexane, thinning the blood making me a bit jumpy (totally unfounded scientific theories!!!) or my muscles reacting to not having enough protein (again, my medical expertise is less than zero)

All I do know is that it is driving me nuts (and I dare say my hubby too!)

Anyone else experience this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sleeping and insomnia   sleeping and insomnia Empty

Back to top Go down

sleeping and insomnia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: