Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?

Go down 
+6
D'Girlz
lisagraham
PiercedMumma08
shelly25
Kate
gottarhyme
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pandakate
Pandakate

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-08-24

What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyFri 02 Dec 2011, 11:57 pm

I had one to those moments a few weeks ago at my nieces wedding.

I male friend that I have known for over 25 years walked right pass me. He looked at me as he walked pass and smiled but didnt know who I was until I walked over to him and started talking to him. He almost fell over. I will never forget the look on his face, it was brilliant. He
kept say how different I look & how great I look and of course we
had to have pics taken because no one would believe it was really me.
Most of the people there were really happy for me but there were a few who didnt know how to talk to me because I was so different. Maybe they were just a little jealous as they were the one who didnt think I could do it.

Even tho it felt great, it still felt a little weird, I guess I'm just not use to the attention yet.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011, 11:45 am

I have had a couple of those moments.

I just recently got home from being away at work & caught up with a friend who kept saying over and over, I just can't believe how fantastic you look.. I can't stop staring.. You look so hot!

Those are the moments when alllll the pain at the start was worth it in the long run!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011, 8:58 am

I've had a few of these great moments. One of the best was when I was still about a size 18 and ran into a woman I knew from overeaters anonymous. She didn't recognize when I walked up and spoke to her, and then peered at me closely and said "it's not Chris, is it?" when I said yes, she told me how terrific I looked, and insisted knowing what had made the transformation. We had a coffee together, and she just kept on looking at me, shaking her head, and looking at me in wonder.
It was even better because she knew, like those of on this forum, just how hard a struggle it is to.
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011, 12:36 am

I work with a Sri Lankan girl who is so sweet and not a bad bone in her body. Some of her comments get lost in translation. She had a very simple statement to me at lunch - "You look better", one of my colleagues tried to correct her by saying, "I think you mean you look good", but she sweetly smiled at me and said, no "I mean you look better".

Bouyed me up no end as it was so honest and she did not mean it as some platitude you get no matter how much or little weight you lose! I've lost 20 kgs but still have a long way to go!
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm

Having a 10 minute conversation with someone at work who scanned my ID that it REALLY was me and that I had not stolen someone else's ID tag. He did not believe me and it took alot of convincing. Frustrating as it was, it really hit home how much I have changed in 9 months. It also prompted me to update my photo ID!! LOL
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 8:56 pm

Awww! I nearly cried at that one!

mermaid

How lovely!

Compliments that come from the heart are ones to treasure. I think that is why I started this thread. Its not so much about people saying how much weight you have lost, and commenting on the 'wow' scale, but more about how those compliments made YOU feel after years of self loathing.

Back to top Go down
lisagraham
lisagraham

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 7:39 am

MILF = Mother I'd like [email=F@$K]F@$K[/email] !!

A friend of mine last night sent me a text that read: Jesus Christ!!! Lisa I hve no words. You look amazing... even that sounds like an understatement! I'm so proud of you. This is putting decades onto your life, its such a gift for Gus (my son) I read this and then broke down and cried!! It was in return to a photo that I emailed her.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 7:36 am

gottarhyme wrote:
Thanks Shelly! We missed you at the last meetup! You need to get out and see us next time!

will there be one before christmas? I will definately come! Got held up selling my car when I was planning to come to the 2nd last meet up

MILF means hot or (a mother theyd like to have sex with)

shelly

Last edited by shelly25 on Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 7:15 am

Embarrassed but what is MILF?
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 6:53 am

I think just people who i havent seen for a while - and who dont know i had weight loss surgery- and i go up and say "hi!"

And they have absolutely no clue who I am.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 5:06 am

Thanks Shelly! We missed you at the last meetup! You need to get out and see us next time!
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 4:01 am

ps michelle-love your profile pic just beautiful
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 3:56 am

Got called a MILF when my daughter posted my melbourne cup day photo (my profile pic here)on FB-by 2 friends! NEVER EVER been called that before,made me smile!

shelly
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 10:28 am

I haven't had any of these monents........yet. One thing I know for sure though you are definitely beautiful Michelle, inside and out. I know I've said it before but I can't express enough how kind and lovely you have been to me since that first day we met at Gloria Jeans. I will never forget.

Biggest hugs

Kate
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 9:56 am

I think the best reaction I had was from my 23YO niece, Jessica. She burst into tears, and nearly squeezed me to death!

"Auntie Shell! You are so TINY! Now you look like you did in Mum's photo album when you were younger!"

She said she had a dream that I had lost weight, and I was beautiful.

It's the best reaction I have had so far to my weight loss. What about others? Anything that made you cry? Jessie's heartfelt and joyful reaction to seeing me healthy again made ME cry!

Love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?   What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the BEST reaction to your weight loss to date? How did you FEEL?
Page 1 of 1