Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

Cauliflower & Camembert Soup Empty
PostSubject: Yummo   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyFri 08 Aug 2014, 9:49 am

Made this tonight and it is absolutely delicious...thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Lee17
Lee17

Female
Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2013-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptySat 02 Aug 2014, 10:15 am

Another fan here....made this tonight, added some garlic and a precooked chicken breast...DELISH!
Back to top Go down
nics28

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 1:37 pm

Made this for dinner tonight and it was yum yum yum :-)
Back to top Go down
danielle76

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 9:49 pm

Yep lol Cauliflower & Camembert Soup 542174 
maybe smelly and farty but like everyone else it tasted Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 1:55 pm

Oh Nightowl,

You should go into marketing, LMAO!

If you could promote all the other foods in our world like you just promoted a soup that supposedly "tastes great" but is farty and smells feety, I predict we would no longer have an obesity epidemic. LOL! Super funny :P

Cheers,
Wendy :) x x x
Back to top Go down
nightowl

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm

Works well with blue cheese like Stilton too - a bit smelly with the farty cauliflower and the feety cheese, but tastes great :-)
Back to top Go down
danielle76

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 7:56 am

Cauliflower & Camembert Soup 618285 

I've been feeling like I need cheese!!!!
And have just been out and bought the ingredients to make this soup..
Im 7 days post op and cant wait to try it.. 
Cheers Dan
Back to top Go down
BMandy21

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptySun 28 Jul 2013, 6:21 am

I have finally made the cauliflower and camembert soup and I can't believe how good it tastes. My kids loved it too, now I have to make another batch as they left me none to freeze. It seemed to keep me full longer than the other soups I have tried. Highly recommend everyone to give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Shyne
Shyne

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2013-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptySat 13 Apr 2013, 8:28 am

Made this tonight....

OMG - I mean I knew it would be nice, but I wasn't expecting it to be so delish!!

Even my hubby is a huge fan.

I've got lots of portions in the freezer for the next week. It made a huge batch (compared to the amount I eat per meal) lol.
Back to top Go down
kegs
Part of the furniture
kegs

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptySat 13 Apr 2013, 3:10 am

Mmmm delicious! I froze small portions in a silicone muffin pan and froze, now they stack easy in thr freezer in a container
Back to top Go down
april89
april89

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyFri 01 Mar 2013, 9:50 am

I cooked this soup tonight and added chicken to it and i used the stick blender to chop it all up after it was cooked it added a whole new flavour and it mite help add a bit more protein to it for those who need the extra protein it is beauitful.
Back to top Go down
yesican

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 11:19 pm

So is this soup ok for fluid stage, I had my op 5 days ago? It sounds really nice.
Back to top Go down
ren77
ren77

Female
Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptySun 14 Oct 2012, 12:33 pm

This sounds delicious! Just want to make sure that I can make this for myself to have on the liquid diet as soon as I come out of hospital? Has anyone measured the protein content or is it a good idea to add protein powder to it? Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
MizVic
MizVic

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptySun 16 Sep 2012, 9:20 am

An awesome recipe. I made this last week before my sleeve.and frozen it. Just had my first bowl. Gorgeous consistency, low carb and delicious. Thanks to the originator :-)
Back to top Go down
sarbear
sarbear

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 10:15 am

I have to agree made some today yum o got lots for the freezer
Back to top Go down
Chris36
Chris36

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyFri 27 Jul 2012, 3:30 am

Hi All,

I finally made this soup, 9 mths after having my sleeve. Cauliflower & Camembert Soup 487524

WOW! Its lovely and light! DELISH!!

Thanks to who ever created and posted it!Cauliflower & Camembert Soup 217555

Christina.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 10:27 am

Although this recipe has been around for a long time, it was only a few days ago that I got around to trying it - absolutely delicious!!!
Back to top Go down
Cherryseven
Part of the furniture
Cherryseven

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 8:26 am

Thanks for the recipe - my husband tasted it and said it would make a great sauce to go with fish (my face made him shut up pretty quick)
Again thankyou to the creator.
Back to top Go down
Barry NZ

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Great Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 9:53 am

I made this soup tonight - yum, will be making it again. Thanks for sharing. Barry NZ

Sholley wrote:
I think I got this from a post by 'Jaime' and I'm happy to share it!

Cauli and Camembert cheese soup

1 ltr chicken stock
1 large cauli
1/2 onion
125gm wheel camembert cheese

Chop cauli & onion & boil in chicken stock until really soft. Add salt & black pepper (and optional chilli flakes).

Cut cheese in half to make 2 wheels, put them in the boiling mix - stir a few minutes and when the cheese is melted lift out the skins with a wooden spoon.

Stir a bit longer... then tip the lot into the blender & whiz for a minute.

Serve with more cracked pepper on the top! So YUM.

It really is YUM!

Cheers

Michelle
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012, 4:25 pm

I like a recipe which is very like this but with fetta instead of camembert. I love the saltiness of the fetta!

Just boil the cauli in reduced salt chicken stock (and some onion if you want it - usually I don't worry about it) then drain when it's very soft, reserving the liquid. Blend the cauli with some crumbled fetta, using a stick blender. You can add in some of the reserved liquid if you like for your preferred consistency.

Different spices can be used really well with this soup depending on your preferences - it's great with cracked black pepper, or you can try a little curry powder if you like it, or fresh parsley, or even garlic.

You can serve with a little crumbled fetta on top or sprinkled parsley if you like, for presentation.

Super easy and very yummy.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyTue 17 Jan 2012, 12:40 am

I made this recipe when I was in the soup/mushy stage.. It was divine.

Only thing I didn't like... Was how much of a pain in the bum it was to clean up because of how sticky the cheese made everything lol
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptyMon 16 Jan 2012, 9:25 pm

Made this last week, but didn't have any camembert, so use the end (rind and all) of parmesan. Tasted great!
Back to top Go down
bubblybear
Part of the furniture
bubblybear

Female
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 5:28 am

Thanks Mandi thats how im feeling being a diabetic i dont ever have sweet things so all this sweet stuff is yummy but im getting over it as well
Back to top Go down
mandi5508
Part of the furniture
mandi5508

Female
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:40 am

bubblybear wrote:
hi there im just wondering would it hurt for me to add a bit of potato for some carbs as im a diabetic?

I added extra ham for the protein, if you need the carbs then add potato. All it'll do is make it creamier and slightly thicker, just add a little more stock.

If I make it again I'd probably take the time to peel the camembert as I could still taste the rind even though I removed after the camembert had melted, still tasted good though after all the sweet opitfasts.
Back to top Go down
bubblybear
Part of the furniture
bubblybear

Female
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 1:43 am

hi there im just wondering would it hurt for me to add a bit of potato for some carbs as im a diabetic?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cauliflower & Camembert Soup   Cauliflower & Camembert Soup Empty

Back to top Go down

Cauliflower & Camembert Soup
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next