15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
little_y

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-11

2 weeks post op and really hungry??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 2 weeks post op and really hungry???   2 weeks post op and really hungry??? - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 5:50 am

First topic message reminder :

So today im 2 weeks post op and felt a real sense of hunger. Im reading other peoples journeys how they are barely managing a few mouthfuls, and here i am with hunger pains! Im starting to get nervous, should i be experiencing this??? For breakfast i had half a protein shake around 9am and my midday was really really hungry. Had about half a cup of soup and then about 1.5 hours later had a mashed egg. I still feel like i could eat more, like im not hungry nor full. Im not eating more, but just wondering - has anyone else experienced this so soon post op??
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
CareBear
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks post op and really hungry???   2 weeks post op and really hungry??? - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 8:46 am

Yep hormones will do it. I was always hungry too at first - I found this subsided though once I got through the fluid & mushy phases - phew!. Real food was more satisfying and kept me fuller for longer.
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks post op and really hungry???   2 weeks post op and really hungry??? - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 8:23 am

Caz drinking has seen me thru the past fortnight, it has definatly kept me unhungry between meals. Today really is the first day ive expereinced hunger as such. Every other day so far ive not struggled with eating, but not craved it either. I wonder if its because i got my period yesterday??? If thsts increased my hunger today and will subside again?
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks post op and really hungry???   2 weeks post op and really hungry??? - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 8:20 am

Thanks :) im still losing weight, but in saying that my hunger is increasing each day. Ive lost just under 6kgs in that 2 weeks but just concerned my hunger is going to keep increasing to where i wont lose it! I keep reading everyones lack of hunger so its refreshing to see you were similar ganesh :)
Back to top Go down
ganesh11
ganesh11

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks post op and really hungry???   2 weeks post op and really hungry??? - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 6:14 am

I was hungry ALL the time... Some sleevers are more hungry than others - I unfortunately was the former... However, I monitored what I ate and although I ate more than others I still lost weight, just slower - and after about 6 weeks the hunger did subside - try not to panic, it is your journey and it is like no one else s... You will lose weight..
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks post op and really hungry???   2 weeks post op and really hungry??? - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 5:55 am

I felt an empty feeling - and was anxious to eat at that stage - but often if I had a drink of some kind it went away which told me I was actually thirsty not hungry.
Back to top Go down
little_y

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: 2 weeks post op and really hungry???   2 weeks post op and really hungry??? - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 5:50 am

So today im 2 weeks post op and felt a real sense of hunger. Im reading other peoples journeys how they are barely managing a few mouthfuls, and here i am with hunger pains! Im starting to get nervous, should i be experiencing this??? For breakfast i had half a protein shake around 9am and my midday was really really hungry. Had about half a cup of soup and then about 1.5 hours later had a mashed egg. I still feel like i could eat more, like im not hungry nor full. Im not eating more, but just wondering - has anyone else experienced this so soon post op??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks post op and really hungry???   2 weeks post op and really hungry??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2 weeks post op and really hungry???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2