Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?

Go down 
+9
*Lib*
RozzieT
leici
melpaulned
SassyMummy
shelly25
Jacko84
Janette
Sindylou
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

nickif wrote:
Hi Sindy Lou,

I started at 181.5kg in august last year and now im down to 82.1kg so a loss of 99.4kg. My doctor wanted me to get to 95kg and i wanted to get to 80kg which is still 5kg overweight for my height but im not too worried about that. I have had a pretty easy time cannot complain at all. i never thought in a million years that i would ever come close to goal weight but im only 2.1kg away, it was honestly the best thing ive ever done i have so much more confidence and love my life. The only thing is im sick to death of buying new clothes i get them and then a couple of weeks later there too BIG lol, we dont really have a good vinnies here so ive had to buy new most of the time, it was really hot here the other day and i didnt have one single top or 3/4 pants to wear so i roasted.

Hi Nicole!

You are such an inspiration for me!

I could only wish for the clothes thing to be happening!

I could imagine the cost,however have you thought of selling them on ebay?

I will private message you when this site allows me too.

Congrats I really needed that!

hope you got some cooler clothes :)Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? 217555

If you would like any info or help or just to chat pm me im always happy to tell my experience.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

loving5 wrote:
Hi I had lost 88 kgs before I got pregnant with no 6. I put on a few kilos but they will fall off as soon as the morning sickness disappears. I was still losing up until the orning sickness got really bad. The constant eating to keep it at bay and the bloating from early pregnancy has put up a few (5).

My profile pic was about 10 kgs ago.

here a link t

o my loss in pic's
[url=https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.161182623896794.37898.100000151720000&l=635d4afb3e&type=1
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.161182623896794.37898.100000151720000&l=635d4afb3e&type=1[/quote[/url]]

Hi Loving 5,

Your pics are amazing Wow!

congrats to you and on your 6th bub..!!!

Thankyou for the postAnyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? 446871
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 12:52 pm

PiercedMumma08 wrote:
Sindylou Ive lost 71 kilos in 13 months.

Hi Pierced Mumma08,

I really hope that I can be as successful as you have been!!!

Did you excercise much?

Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? 217555
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

100%-er wrote:
My start weight was 174.5kgs, have lost just over 42 kgs so far, 5 months down the track.

My surgeon and dietician said to aim for 100kgs, on my visit last week, he said that he would be happy if I got to 110kgs. I said that I would not be happy with that, I want to get to 90kgs.

BUT, according to the 'healthy weight guide' I should be 70kgs or so, so over 104kgs in total to use.

Good luck.

Hi there,

Thats awesome amount of weight in 20 weeks!!

Well done to you and Thankyou for the post all the posts are helping me alot.

Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? 446871
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 12:45 pm

*Lib* wrote:
I lost 55kgish. Nothing ever works for me. THIS DID!

Hi Lib,

Its nice to see the positive posts...Thankyou!!!

well done by the wayAnyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? 217555
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 12:27 pm

Sindylou Ive lost 71 kilos in 13 months.
Back to top Go down
loving5
loving5

Female
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 11:21 am

Hi I had lost 88 kgs before I got pregnant with no 6. I put on a few kilos but they will fall off as soon as the morning sickness disappears. I was still losing up until the orning sickness got really bad. The constant eating to keep it at bay and the bloating from early pregnancy has put up a few (5).

My profile pic was about 10 kgs ago.

here a link to my loss in pic's
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.161182623896794.37898.100000151720000&l=635d4afb3e&type=1
Back to top Go down
nickif
nickif

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 9:39 pm

Hi Sindy Lou,

I started at 181.5kg in august last year and now im down to 82.1kg so a loss of 99.4kg. My doctor wanted me to get to 95kg and i wanted to get to 80kg which is still 5kg overweight for my height but im not too worried about that. I have had a pretty easy time cannot complain at all. i never thought in a million years that i would ever come close to goal weight but im only 2.1kg away, it was honestly the best thing ive ever done i have so much more confidence and love my life. The only thing is im sick to death of buying new clothes i get them and then a couple of weeks later there too BIG lol, we dont really have a good vinnies here so ive had to buy new most of the time, it was really hot here the other day and i didnt have one single top or 3/4 pants to wear so i roasted.

If you would like any info or help or just to chat pm me im always happy to tell my experience.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 10:05 am

My start weight was 174.5kgs, have lost just over 42 kgs so far, 5 months down the track.

My surgeon and dietician said to aim for 100kgs, on my visit last week, he said that he would be happy if I got to 110kgs. I said that I would not be happy with that, I want to get to 90kgs.

BUT, according to the 'healthy weight guide' I should be 70kgs or so, so over 104kgs in total to use.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 8:27 am

I lost 55kgish. Nothing ever works for me. THIS DID!
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 6:38 am

leici wrote:
Hi,

I've lost 60 kilos- roughly half my body weight. My diary is "nothing up my sleeve".

You'll do it! No way I thought I could and I did.

Hi Leici,

Wow!....What a achievement.

Its so nice to have such positive posts !

Thankyou for your encouragement x
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 6:36 am

RozzieT wrote:
Hi Sindylou,

I'm in the same boat as you. Started at 178.8kg .... current weight this morning was 137.1kg.

I'm hoping that I at least get down to 80kg, but would love to make 75kg, which would mean a total loss of 103.8kg. I guess I'll see where I end up and see how much extra effort I will need to kick into gear towards the end!

Hi Rozzie

You should be so proud of yourself!

Well done,I just started Opti fast and said goodbye to carbs!!!!

I was also drinking at least ten coffees a day with two sugars and full cream milk!

Gave up the coffee because its all or nothing with me.

My OP is on the 25th of October ...

Glad everything went well with you

stay in touch xAnyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? 787760
Back to top Go down
RozzieT
RozzieT

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2011-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 9:16 am

Hi Sindylou,

I'm in the same boat as you. Started at 178.8kg .... current weight this morning was 137.1kg.

I'm hoping that I at least get down to 80kg, but would love to make 75kg, which would mean a total loss of 103.8kg. I guess I'll see where I end up and see how much extra effort I will need to kick into gear towards the end!

Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 6:12 am

Hi,

I've lost 60 kilos- roughly half my body weight. My diary is "nothing up my sleeve".

You'll do it! No way I thought I could and I did.
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 6:00 am

SassyMummy wrote:
Another one to look out for is Loving5. She's the first person I ever spoke to about the sleeve, and it was she who directed me here.

Anyway, she has lost 80+kg so far... (I cannot remember exact amount! Sorry Jen!).

Thanks Jen will be on the look out!

congrats to you also x
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 5:58 am

melpaulned wrote:
Carrie has lost heaps - 70kg was it?
she looks amazing

What an amazing lady!

Congrats with your weight loss!! x
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 5:56 am

LizzardLover wrote:
Hi Sindylou,

I havent got a date for my surgery yet (meeting with surgeon next tuesday but still looking at 6mths+ to surgery as going public) but I'm starting out at 168kg (now 163 as i'm doing optifast 2X daily to hopefully impress surgeon LOL!).

So i am also looking at losing I guess 100kg (that just sounds SO bad!). i'll be watching this thread as i've been wanting to hear from similar people too! :)

Hi Lizzard Lover,

I agree 100kg sounds bad,however my dietican says its just a number and each day it will be less and less.

I also am on day two of optifast lol....

25 of October is my operation and I am nervous but at the same time excited to start my journey.

Good luck next Tuesday....x
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 5:47 am

shelly25 wrote:
i was 126kg ,Ive lost 42kg and have about 10 to go.I honestly havent exercised or been strict with types of food i eat,so i know if i was stricter i would have been at goal already but im happy!

Honestly you will achieve great results!

shelly

Congrats Shelly,well done!...You look fantastic!

Thankyou for throwing some positivity my way xAnyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? 355206
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 4:57 am

Carrie has lost heaps - 70kg was it?
she looks amazing
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 4:29 am

Another one to look out for is Loving5. She's the first person I ever spoke to about the sleeve, and it was she who directed me here.

Anyway, she has lost 80+kg so far... (I cannot remember exact amount! Sorry Jen!).
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 12:32 am

Hi Sindylou,

I havent got a date for my surgery yet (meeting with surgeon next tuesday but still looking at 6mths+ to surgery as going public) but I'm starting out at 168kg (now 163 as i'm doing optifast 2X daily to hopefully impress surgeon LOL!).

So i am also looking at losing I guess 100kg (that just sounds SO bad!). i'll be watching this thread as i've been wanting to hear from similar people too! :)
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 12:25 am

i was 126kg ,Ive lost 42kg and have about 10 to go.I honestly havent exercised or been strict with types of food i eat,so i know if i was stricter i would have been at goal already but im happy!

Honestly you will achieve great results!

shelly
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 12:04 am

Janette wrote:
I have meet Nic, she works where I shop.

Comes on to record her weight, but doesn't have a diary.

Send her a PM.

Thanks I will send her PM.

If someone PM you back how do you know?

Does it go into your email?

Sorry I am still working this site out ...Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? 833240
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 12:02 am

Jacko84 wrote:
Hi. I. Havnt. As yet but I. Do. Have a. Large amount of weight to lose. I started. At 260kg and am now down to 217kg my goal is 120kg.

Thats Awesome Jacko!

Hope we can support each other through the journeyAnyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? 65317
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 11:24 pm

Hi. I. Havnt. As yet but I. Do. Have a. Large amount of weight to lose. I started. At 260kg and am now down to 217kg my goal is 120kg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?   Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone lost large amounts of weight with the sleeve?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next