Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Gastric Bypass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gastric Bypass   Gastric Bypass EmptySat 04 Jan 2014, 1:05 pm

Time to see another surgeon then!  A response like that is not acceptable at all.  You have patiently given it 4 years and it's not working.  By now it's probably stretched so revision might be required.  I find that a very poor response from the surgeon that he hasn't investigated the issue more thoroughly - gastroscopy, barium swallows etc.

Good luck and keep in contact on your progress :-)
Back to top Go down
Lilymay2007
Lilymay2007

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-01-03

Gastric Bypass Empty
PostSubject: Many thanks. I havent lost any weight and I can eat most things without any complications. No dumping nothing. My surgeon didn't want to basically no. He was sending me to the dietitian again and I said how could I have had a GB and not lost weight.    Gastric Bypass EmptySat 04 Jan 2014, 5:39 am

Garfield99 wrote:
Hi Lilymay,

Yep, there is a few of us here.

Have you not lost any weight at all in the 4years?  Have you been back to your surgeon to discuss?

I started putting weight back on a few months after my surgery so had a revision done with a minimiser band.  It's tight (maybe a little too tight) but I'm losing the weight again.

You will need to have a few checks to see if maybe the bougie size is simply too big or it has stretched.  Don't worry, there are heaps of things that can be done to fix and get you back on track :-)
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Gastric Bypass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gastric Bypass   Gastric Bypass EmptySat 04 Jan 2014, 2:42 am

Hi Lilymay,

Yep, there is a few of us here.

Have you not lost any weight at all in the 4years?  Have you been back to your surgeon to discuss?

I started putting weight back on a few months after my surgery so had a revision done with a minimiser band.  It's tight (maybe a little too tight) but I'm losing the weight again.

You will need to have a few checks to see if maybe the bougie size is simply too big or it has stretched.  Don't worry, there are heaps of things that can be done to fix and get you back on track :-)
Back to top Go down
Lilymay2007
Lilymay2007

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-01-03

Gastric Bypass Empty
PostSubject: Gastric Bypass   Gastric Bypass EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 12:33 pm

Hi

Are there any Gastric Bypass patients on this forum? I had my GB 4 years ago and it hasnt been a success at all. No complications but no weight loss.

Edward
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gastric Bypass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gastric Bypass   Gastric Bypass Empty

Back to top Go down

Gastric Bypass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Other Weight Loss Surgeries :: From sleeve/band to Bypass-
Jump to: