Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darbydoo

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Contemplating the move... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contemplating the move...   Contemplating the move... EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 10:24 am

Thank you so much for the reply rugrats. I am continuing to do research. My aim is for portion control- I have no problems with smaller portions, I am just fed up with vomitting when the mix of foods do not align with the planets for that meal. (At times I have vomitted after a soup!).

I am interested in finding out if any doctors are willing to sleeve someone who has had weightloss success (I am 71 kg) with band, but are seeking quality of life as well as portion control!

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
6rugrats
6rugrats

Female
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2011-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Contemplating the move...   Contemplating the move... EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 10:12 am

Hi Darbydoo,

I had the band for 2 years and lost 25kg which took me down to 73kg. Like you I was more or less bulimic, though not through wanting to be. I could not keep down veg or salad or meat or pastas or rice......................the list goes on. How do you make a healthy meal without those ingredients? Well, you can't.

I got the band removed because my stomach had slipped under it and I couldn't live with the pain. But like you, I also thought of what a terrible example I was setting for my kids. They never saw me eat veg or salad - cos I couldn't. They did see me eat crackers and dip, chocolate and cheetoes, what an awful example.

I got the band out and promptly regained the weight. I wish I had known of the sleeve earlier and I would have got it sooner. It is too soon for me to tell whether I will go down the same path, but I really doubt it. I love salad and veg and meat etc. I used to fantasise about having a subway chicken and salad roll when I was banded. Putting the weight back on has not been through eating junk, just eating too big portions of healthy food.

Only you can tell if it is the junk food you live for, or if it more portion control problems. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Darbydoo

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Contemplating the move...   Contemplating the move... EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 7:06 am

Hi all.

I am publically what is considered a lap-bander success. I was banded in '07 at 115kg and now weigh 71kg. However, I am what has been said in here, a surgical bullimic who lives on chocolate, cheese and crackers. I am not happy with what I have become. Whilst overjoyed about the weightloss and being more pyshically able, I am not a role model for my youngish children.

If I went down the sleeve journey, would the same old pattern re-emerge- living on crap foods? I long for a normal diet again. Not normal portions- just normal food.

Any words of wisdom. What is the longest someone has had the sleeve, with longterm success?

TIA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contemplating the move...   Contemplating the move... Empty

Back to top Go down

Contemplating the move...
Page 1 of 1