AuthorMessage
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

bypass next move Empty
PostSubject: Re: bypass next move   bypass next move EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013, 3:03 pm

coastgirl42 wrote:

yes i found a way around the sleeve not happy about it but what can one do. the weight
thanks

I am also a bypass patient (I didn't get a choice due to emergency) but I will honestly tell you, if you can find a way around the sleeve then you will also do the same with the bypass. My daily life isn't much different to a sleevers except for malabsorbtion of vitamins resulting in hair loss and fatigue despite taking vitamins daily. If I eat bad foods, then I put on weight too. The bypass isn't the cure all - it's the last resort and can be an extremely unpleasant one too.

Go see a dietician and kick those pepsi max's plus all cool drinks including the ones that replace sugar with aspartame to the kerb immediately. Aspartame is evil and will eff you up - google it.

The bypass does not make it easier to control your weight nor will make you lose weight quicker in comparison to the sleeve.

Good luck and I hope you figure it out without resorting to the bypass.
Back to top Go down
coastgirl42

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-05-03

bypass next move Empty
PostSubject: will it work   bypass next move EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013, 12:48 pm

hi and yes iam my own worst enemy

the band was 1st throw up everything for 18 months ,so custard and anything i could keep

down i ate . have very bad heart burn( reflux ) hoping the sleeve might help

the sleeve was tesed and was told oops its a little big bigger then we wanted

at that stage no i didn't over do it but since yep guilty i can eat smalls amounts but 45 mins

later iam starved . my only worry is i tend to eat quick and now can drink up to bottles 10

water or pepi max ( Cans or bottles) and with the sleeve i might get food stuck and kark it

have an

appointment george in 3 weeks again did it a year ago but desisted to give it a good try

again..... failed what to do
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

bypass next move Empty
PostSubject: Re: bypass next move   bypass next move EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 10:46 am

hi Coastgirl sorry to hear that things have not worked out for you with the sleeve. But what we have to realise is that the sleeve is only a tool. It still depends on what food choices we make once we are past the honeymoon stage of 6-9 months.

Did you go to see a psychologist and/or dietitian? Maybe you can see your GP and get a Care Plan for 5 visits and go and see either one or both. I am continuing to see a dietitian as I know that it would be easy to slip back into my bad habits and I definitely do not want to go back to the weight I was when I had the sleeve done last August.

Best of luck and I hope you can work your way through and that the bypass will work for you.

Liz :)
Back to top Go down
flick
flick

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-07-12

bypass next move Empty
PostSubject: Re: bypass next move   bypass next move EmptySat 26 Jan 2013, 11:28 pm

Good Morning Coastgirl

I don't want to be a buzz kill but I have two words for you "Carney Wilson" she had a bypass many years ago lost weight, then put it back on, and now had had a lap band done..

Have you had all the tests done just to make sure you don't have a abnormal sleeve? I have noticed that on here there are a couple of people that are going to be resleeved as they have a large pocket at the top of their stomach and this makes them feel full for a little while then hungry again not long later.

I am thinking that I will be getting my doctor to organise some tests as I loose a bit then stall for months and then starve myself to loose a bit then stall again, BUT i have lost nearly 50 kilos, although I have been sitting here for months again.......

Keep us posted and all the best

Flick
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

bypass next move Empty
PostSubject: Re: bypass next move   bypass next move EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013, 9:56 am

Hi Coastgirl

Having a bypass won't stop you from sabotaging your weight loss as bypass or no you can till eat slider food (chocolate, ice cream) and drink alcohol or high kilojoule drinks. Yes, eating high fat or high sugar food can give you a dumping episode so you might avoid these foods but that won't stop you from sabotage. A bypass brings with it all sorts of issues and it is not an easy existence. I am a member on another forum just for bypass people and there are all sorts of problems - malabsorbation, restrictions requiring surgical stretching, food getting lodged, unable to manage some textures, dumping, nausea just to name a few. About 25% of people have complications of one kind or another - sleeve is 1%. If nothing in your current lifestyle changes the bypass probably won't work for you anyway. Like all weight loss surgery it is just a tool - not a get out off weightloss hell free card!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kylieo
kylieo

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-04-02

bypass next move Empty
PostSubject: Re: bypass next move   bypass next move EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013, 9:35 am

hi

interested how the by pass part makes a difference, i have started with a band x 2 then sleeve now putting on weight again but its from me eating??? how does the by pass help this

kylie
Back to top Go down
coastgirl42

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-05-03

bypass next move Empty
PostSubject: bypass next move   bypass next move EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013, 8:41 am

next step , Hi iam a few years out from a sleeve and now waiting to get a by pass

yes i found a way around the sleeve not happy about it but what can one do. the weight

i started with is all back ,with the 2006 band sleeve 2009 band out sleeve in at the same time .

has anyone been there done that . i beat myself up every day as iam eating or drinking

so anyone out there willing to chat as cant find any site here with people other them the US
thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bypass next move Empty
PostSubject: Re: bypass next move   bypass next move Empty

Back to top Go down

bypass next move
Page 1 of 1