Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LauraM

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-07-18

Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve   Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 12:31 pm

Thanks everyone for your welcomes.
Looking forward to hearing your revision story 'Fatlashes'! Best of luck x
Back to top Go down
fatlashes
fatlashes

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve   Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 12:15 pm

hi laura -this is my first post too...
i am soooo glad i have found this support group....
i have been feeling like such a failure after struggling and persevering for just over 2 years with an unsuccessful band ive had enough and am having it removed on aug 22 and then around november i will be going in for the sleeve...eeeeek!!! ive struggled with my weight my whole life and really thought the band was going to be the answer.

ps - i also live in perth and my surgeon is dr sue taylor
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Hello from Spoggy   Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 9:32 am

Welcome to the forum and goodluck with your journies. There is lots of information and support on here, so take advantage of it. Look forward to seeing you on chat.
Back to top Go down
Emma1989
Part of the furniture
Emma1989

Female
Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve   Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 7:34 am

Hi Laura,

I also have a band and am in the process of getting it removed and getting a sleeve. I had my band done by Dolan at Joondalup hospital and will hopefully get it removed by Alan Thomas in September (?) and he'll do my sleeve aswell at a later date. I've had my band for over 16 months and it's such a headache at times, not being able to eat properly (resulting in having to make yourself sick numerous times).

Best of luck with your journey!!

Emma :)
Back to top Go down
LauraM

Female

PostSubject: Re: Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve   Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 5:55 am

Thanks for your reply Cath :-) x
Back to top Go down
fatcath
Part of the furniture
fatcath

Female
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve   Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve EmptyMon 18 Jul 2011, 9:48 am

Hi Laura,

I am only 5 days post sleeve surgery and already know it is the best decision I made to get my band out and get this done. I have no hunger at all, which I never experienced with the band, even with a tight fill.

Apart from the first 2 days post op when I was so nauseated, I have had hardly any pain and now feel quite normal....just full and not even thinking about food. The nourishing fluids are harder to get in but after 50mls or so Im full and have to keep having little bits often to keep up my energy levels. On reading others experiences, it take about 3 months for your tummy to settle where eating becomes easier.

The band was a nightmare for me and put me in such a negative head space re further WLS but Im convinced after such a short time that the sleeve is the answer.

Good luck...youre on the right path now.
Love Cath x
Back to top Go down
LauraM

Female

PostSubject: Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve   Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve EmptyMon 18 Jul 2011, 8:28 am

Hi All,
I'm new to this site. My name is Laura and I live in Perth WA.
I currently have a band and have had it nearly 6 years but am considering a revision to a sleeve as it has been a bumpy jouney with my band.
I dropped from 106kgs to 63kgs in the first 2.5 years. Then I had a defile before I came to Australia and I have never found the sweet spot since. I had many many fills and refills with Dr Cohen and his associates - one of whom managed to miss my port and spike through my tubing! I needed a port and tube replacement and had that done in Feb 09. I know have two different brands if band bodged together! Still no joy with weightless and Dr Cohen is no longer my Dr thank goodness!! I am now with the awesome Dr Padovan.
I had a baby last year and had a defill just before the birth but am now up to 9ml but still do not have decent or sustained restriction.
I had a barium swallow last week and it looks like all is well but Dr P is now worried the band has come undone....something I didn't even know could happen!! Plus as a result of pregnancy my port us loose on one side and is facing upwards making it hard to fill!
I am back up to 90kgs and well and truly sick of my band and all the trauma of the last 3 years!
I am hoping to read some positive band to sleeve revision stories here to help me make a decision.
Thanks for reading!
Laura x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve   Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

Perth Bandster contemplating a revision to Sleeve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: