Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alaskybarney
alaskybarney

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Perth Newbie - Just starting to get things rolling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Perth Newbie - Just starting to get things rolling   Perth Newbie - Just starting to get things rolling - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 2:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi Everyone

Couldn't believe my luck when I came across this site. Have been reading for a few weeks now and thought I might as well say hi and ask a few small questions I have.

I have previously looked at getting the band done but after meeting a couple of people who had them and their issues with them I just didn't consider it any further. I only heard about sleeving when a lady at work had it done six months ago and seeing her results has made me pay attention.

It has taken me a few months to get my hubby to understand why I want this as he thought it was very drastic. I have checked with my PHI and I am covered so thats not an issue. The question I have is that I don't have a family doctor who has a history on me (I go to a medical clinic for the small things I've needed in the last few years, luckily there hasn't been anythig serious yet) so how hard is it to get the initial referral? (I am very much just starting out on this journey).

Based on my work colleague I have an idea of the surgeon I want but generally how long does it take from initially starting the whole process and actually having the operation? Also I have tried optislim previously, and I know you have to go onto optifast for two weeks. My issue is when I tried the optislim I literally was sick while trying to drink it - what happens if your unable to take the optifast before the operation?

Sorry for all the questions but all of you are 'experts' as you've gone through this and your stories are a big help and inspiration.

Thanks

Louise
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jaime
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Perth Newbie - Just starting to get things rolling   Perth Newbie - Just starting to get things rolling - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 3:58 am

Last edited by Jaime on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alaskybarney
alaskybarney

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Perth Newbie - Just starting to get things rolling   Perth Newbie - Just starting to get things rolling - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 2:12 am

Hi Everyone

Couldn't believe my luck when I came across this site. Have been reading for a few weeks now and thought I might as well say hi and ask a few small questions I have.

I have previously looked at getting the band done but after meeting a couple of people who had them and their issues with them I just didn't consider it any further. I only heard about sleeving when a lady at work had it done six months ago and seeing her results has made me pay attention.

It has taken me a few months to get my hubby to understand why I want this as he thought it was very drastic. I have checked with my PHI and I am covered so thats not an issue. The question I have is that I don't have a family doctor who has a history on me (I go to a medical clinic for the small things I've needed in the last few years, luckily there hasn't been anythig serious yet) so how hard is it to get the initial referral? (I am very much just starting out on this journey).

Based on my work colleague I have an idea of the surgeon I want but generally how long does it take from initially starting the whole process and actually having the operation? Also I have tried optislim previously, and I know you have to go onto optifast for two weeks. My issue is when I tried the optislim I literally was sick while trying to drink it - what happens if your unable to take the optifast before the operation?

Sorry for all the questions but all of you are 'experts' as you've gone through this and your stories are a big help and inspiration.

Thanks

Louise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perth Newbie - Just starting to get things rolling   Perth Newbie - Just starting to get things rolling - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Perth Newbie - Just starting to get things rolling
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2