Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve   Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

Thanks ladies :)
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve   Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 2:32 pm

Hi there,

I've not had a band before, but from what I have heard/read they aren't much fun!

Good luck with your band removal, and with the rest of your journey... I look forward to following it! :)
Back to top Go down
Emma1989
Part of the furniture
Emma1989

Female
Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve   Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 12:41 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the forum! You'll find tons of useful information here!!

I currently have a band and am having it removed on the 15th of September by Alan Thomas. I originally had the band put in on the 9th March 2010 and have only lost 19kg. Wow your band doctor didn't sound very nice!! nor knowledgable!!.

Goodluck with your journey!

Emma :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve   Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 10:00 am

fatcath wrote:
Hi Cathode,
It makes me laugh when surgeons say it is reversible and the lowest risk for wls, when you are left with all the scar tissue afterwards. Luckily with a good surgeon and time to heal we are able to move onto the sleeve option. By the way who was your band doctor?...he sounds like a right knob!

It's probably against forum rules for me to name him (also probably because I usually follow his name with "The Crunt")

Last edited by Cathode on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fatcath
Part of the furniture
fatcath

Female
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve   Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 7:13 am

Hi Cathode,

Welcome to the forum and good decision on getting that blasted band out....I had one for 2 years and had nothing but misery also.

It makes me laugh when surgeons say it is reversible and the lowest risk for wls, when you are left with all the scar tissue afterwards. Luckily with a good surgeon and time to heal we are able to move onto the sleeve option. By the way who was your band doctor?...he sounds like a right knob!

I am almost 7 weeks post op and havent looked back....so much better from day 1 than the band, especially the "no" hunger bit.

Good luck on your journey and look forward to eating normally soon!

Love Cath x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve   Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 4:17 am

Hi all,
Just wanted to say hi. I have done a post in the band to sleeve forum, post about my history here
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t7459-starting-the-band-to-sleeve-transition-my-story

I suppose I just want support for what I will be going through, to listen to others stories and share the journey with others.

So, Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve 473426
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve   Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum noob in Perth starting transition from Band to sleeve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: