6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pottumpuss
Pottumpuss

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-05-02

Just wondering? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering?   Just wondering? EmptyWed 19 Oct 2011, 1:17 am

I asked here in Perth on behalf of my mum. Waiting list is 3years and more for some and they only allow the band. If you get the op through the waiting list, all hospital fees, dr, anthesist etc will be free. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
dd5290
dd5290

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-08-16

Just wondering? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering?   Just wondering? EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 2:01 am

COCONUTS

i just got email back from the clinic you told me & i asked them about medicare funded etc etc, they told me the figures you quoted me are the total payable IF you have private insurance - i dont, i think i saved it on my work email i will check tommorow

Deb
Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

Just wondering? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering?   Just wondering? EmptySat 27 Aug 2011, 1:46 pm

Hi,

I asked my doctor more than 2 years ago if i could get this procedure done, and the only procedure that medicare ( and the doctor i was refered to ) do through the public system was the gastric by pass, NO band or sleeve. Medicare dont cover it, i then went and got PHI to get the sleeve done it was my only way cause i do not have the $15000 it costs to have it done throught the public hospitals.

But there have been many rumors that medicare may include the band or sleeve but its a long way away i think. For me it would make sense to have it on the medicare, it would cost $ in the short term but it would save $$$$$$ in the long term, just my opinion.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
cocosnuts
Part of the furniture
cocosnuts

Female
Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2011-08-10

Just wondering? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering?   Just wondering? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2011, 5:50 am

in adelaide when you to a public hospital and get it done they dont bill you or anything you just go on a waiting list.
Back to top Go down
http://chloereed.blogspot.com/
dd5290
dd5290

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-08-16

Just wondering? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering?   Just wondering? EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 5:24 am

how do you get it paid for under public, i have no insurance & am paying for myself, costing me $15000Just wondering? 697586
Back to top Go down
cocosnuts
Part of the furniture
cocosnuts

Female
Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2011-08-10

Just wondering? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering?   Just wondering? EmptyThu 11 Aug 2011, 12:28 pm

the only out of pocket expenses going through the public system are for your optifast. surgery and anaesthetist and all other appointments are covered by the hospital.
Back to top Go down
http://chloereed.blogspot.com/
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Just wondering? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering?   Just wondering? EmptySat 06 Aug 2011, 1:58 am

Hi :)

If its through the public system, there should be no out of pocket expense, no cost to you at all. Medicare should cover it all.

Not that I know for sure.....hopefully someone else can verify the answer!

Cheers :)
Back to top Go down
queenofme
queenofme

Female
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Just wondering? Empty
PostSubject: Just wondering?   Just wondering? EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 3:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I currently live in Adelaide, and am hoping to have the sleeve surgery. am just wondering i anyone has had the sleeve under the public system? If so is there any out of pocket expense?Just wondering? 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just wondering? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering?   Just wondering? Empty

Back to top Go down

Just wondering?
Page 1 of 1